Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
everyone in this thread should absolutely volunteer for any mars missions so that you can salt the crew and then when elon finally makes the crossing to live out his days on mars, put a decimal in the wrong place and land him at a thousand miles an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd rather land him thousand miles off the mark so we could savour a week long running ramble of his as he slowly succumbs to exhaustion and co2 poisoning

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know what happened, Elon. Seems like your quarters were fitted with some sort of ejection system for some reason. You're landing about 200km away from the designated landing site.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know what happened, Elon. Seems like your quarters were fitted with some sort of ejection system for some reason. You're landing about 200km away from the designated landing site.

Elon: [frantically scrolls to find appropriate reaction meme but they're loading too slowly because of the low space bandwidth]

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
there would be suicides today if elong suddenly was squished into muck on the factory floor or something

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

you mean people voluntarily neuralinking their brains to upload an AI trained on elon's twitter feed so he may live on

one ordinary human brain could never be enough, but if every tesla owner made the sacrifice...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Blink at least once within the next 15 minutes to enter yourself in a lottery to have your consciousness replaced with Elon's.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1195504767818055680

:allears:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

cybertrucknutz

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

My prediction: it will look mostly like any other truck, but rounder and also somehow blobbier in a way that just looks kind of weird for vehicular design without you really being able to articulate exactly why

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

My prediction: it will look mostly like any other truck, but rounder and also somehow blobbier in a way that just looks kind of weird for vehicular design without you really being able to articulate exactly why

But will it fart? This is important!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can't wait for the annotated picture that explains why all the blobs are great and perfect and normal trucks have bad designs that ruin them because Elon didn't poo poo them out.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I hope it looks like a fat El Camino.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

But will it fart? This is important!

Pfft, oh ye of little faith. This is the man who invented the car fart :rolleyes:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

they couldn't even get the loving font right.

smdh

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pfft, oh ye of little faith. This is the man who invented the car fart :rolleyes:

Personally, I hope he's buried in a unmarked grave.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Some of the Sheep posted:

Lol, sees a rocket gaining altitude and thinks "look at all that vertical integration!"

my box of hand lotion from amazon slams through my roof after reentry, having developed a glowing sheath of plasma from air friction en route. The impact obliterates my house and the two neighboring houses, leaving a 40-foot crater flecked with flaming debris and and bright orange molten glass cooling to a deep red as my tortured soul, now released from it's earthly prison, leaves a 5-star review for timely delivery.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

You're supposed to review the product, not the delivery!! :argh:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gschmidl posted:

You're supposed to review the product, not the delivery!! :argh:

the delivery is the product

this is musk we're talking about

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

there would be suicides today if elong suddenly was squished into muck on the factory floor or something

How many suicides can be linked to Steve Jobs?

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Siljmonster posted:

How many suicides can be linked to Steve Jobs?

At least one high profile one

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dumb Lowtax posted:

is it really suicide if you're just refusing treatment until recovery is impossible though

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Lmao

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

quote:

"It's a pickup truck that can carry a pickup truck." Since then, we've heard his biggest new baby "Makes Ram seem puny," will look like "an armored personnel carrier from the future," will compel people to ask, "Whoa, what’s that thing?," will have seats large enough to fit the late, totally great, 7'4", 520-pound Andre the Giant, and will be able to tow 300,000 pounds. Best of all, "The goal is to be a better truck than an F-150 in terms of truck-like functionality and be a better sports car than a standard 911," with 400 to 500 miles of range and a starting price of $49,000.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

He sounds so much like my former boss who was also born rich. "Alright. I want you to make a product with all kinds of conflicting elements, I also want it finished ASAP, also don't make any decisions without consulting me but I'm not going to respond to any of your contact methods."

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
ah yes the porsche 911, which is well known in the automotive world for sharing characteristics from pickup truck designs such as higher center of gravity and limited weight over the rear axle

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Captain Hygiene posted:

Invented the car fart, perfected the car fire.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'll take that bet, and say it's going to look like the dumbest motherfucking thing ever unveiled. It will make "the homer" look like a brilliant piece of design.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Honey Im Homme posted:

will compel people to ask, "Whoa, what’s that thing?,"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Musk Truck Prediction Thread:
The body will be modeled after the cop cars from Robocop
The horn plays Rob Zombie’s “Dragula”
The wheels are solid balls of dried play-do to reduce road noise
Trunk bed doubles as a portable Grimes hostel
In the event of fire, the truck automatically locks all doors and steers into the nearest ocean

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

poisonpill posted:

In the event of fire, the truck automatically locks all doors and steers into the nearest firetruck

One small correction

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The bed will be useless because it will be filled with 18650 cells to get the 500 mile range.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Don't doxx me

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Cojawfee posted:

The bed will be useless because it will be filled with 18650 cells to get the 500 mile range.

nah, the batteries will be towed behind it, which is why it can tow 300k lbs

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Cojawfee posted:

If you throw anything heavier than 5lbs into the bed it fucks up the battery system and your truck won't work. You ever hear of a don't touch living room? This is a don't use truck bed

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

If you throw anything heavier than 5lbs into the bed it fucks up the battery system and your truck won't work. You ever hear of a don't touch living room? This is a don't use truck bed

This will sell extremely well in California judging by all of the giant lifted trucks that never see a dirt road

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I love the truck already.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
an award winning crash safety system that guarantees you'll be alive to enjoy the incineration

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Musk, trapped on his back like a turtle and rocking sadly back and forth, calling out for “Graaaahms....Graaaaahms?!”

That’s how he got this idea for the car to drive to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I was just out shopping and stood around watching an inventory robot attempt to maneuver around me, the only obstacle in the aisle, and honestly I don't think we're ready as a species for robot cars.