Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for having a phobia of feet and not wanting to rub my wife's feet?

You're kind of a baby, but if you've consistently told her for 5 years that you can't do that and she's still bugging you about it, she's the rear end in a top hat, not you.

Get therapy though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

You're kind of a baby, but if you've consistently told her for 5 years that you can't do that and she's still bugging you about it, she's the rear end in a top hat, not you.

Get therapy though

This guy can solve all his problems by splashing out on bimonthly pedicures for his wife.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

How does one even develop a foot phobia? What kind of mental fog must one be in in order to not realize that you're literally standing on your greatest fears?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

QuarkJets posted:

How does one even develop a foot phobia? What kind of mental fog must one be in in order to not realize that you're literally standing on your greatest fears?

that's why it's called a phobia

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dude probably watched saw and didnt understand what was the punishment

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I think he's misusing the term phobia. He doesn't describe being afraid of feet, he keeps saying he dislikes them, so maybe disgusted by feet is more accurate, or maybe afraid of touching them, which would make a bit more sense.

quote:

she said I'm the only person she knows who gets upset at her when asking someone to rub her feet
This part is probably just weird wording, but I'm going to read it as the wife just asking everyone she meets to rub her feet and only her husband says no.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I think he's misusing the term phobia. He doesn't describe being afraid of feet, he keeps saying he dislikes them, so maybe disgusted by feet is more accurate, or maybe afraid of touching them, which would make a bit more sense.

This part is probably just weird wording, but I'm going to read it as the wife just asking everyone she meets to rub her feet and only her husband says no.

Phobias can also be aversions rather than fears, right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Like Im not calling the dudes wife abusive or something, but the turning around of his polite, repeated and well conveyed refusal into a marital failing on his part and detrimental to her is like satellite footage showing shes shipped a large amount of red thread to cuba.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Barudak posted:

"She makes me watch Frozen every day and when I asked for a change she put on Pocahontas 2"

This is the work of a revenge master.

lol I did this to my dad for a while due to his crimes of a similar nature but then it started wearing at my soul

disney revenge is a double-edged sword

edit: actually i just remembered that what killed this plan was when I made him see that hugh jackman circus movie and I hated it but he, sick man that he is, loving loved it

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 16, 2019

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Lucrece posted:

I live in Australia, and the cringiest thing ever is hearing people trying to imitate an Australian accent. The end of the original Point Break being a prime example! I do admit that when I went to Canada for a year I came back with a slight Canadian accent and used some of their terminology. I asked my sister if I could borrow a Looney and she looked at me as if I was one!

Aww shut it you flamin' galah, you're coming the raw prawn!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
[California] My (32M) partner (41F) left the state with another man, leaving her two daughters (15,13) behind with me. What do I do?
This is really bizarre, I don't know where to start.

quote:

My partner went to New York for a business trip on Monday. She was supposed to be back today. But about an hour ago, she called and said she won't be coming back, she had met another man and will be staying with him. Then she hung up. I tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up. Texted her but she didn't answer.

She is not answering the calls and text messages from her daughters either.

Her Facebook relationship status had been changed to being in a relationship with that man. And she had been posting photos and videos of the both of them together.

Both the girls are still with me. I am not their legal guardian.

Is there a legal hotline I can call to ask for immediate legal advice? What should my next steps be?

(Also just found out that $15k have been withdrawn from our shared account. I'll deal with that later. My main concern now is for the welfare of the girls.)

Update: Sorry for the lack of replies. It has been a long night. The girls' grandmother had just bought a air ticket to come here. She'll be arriving first thing tomorrow to be with the girls. Their aunt is here with them now.

We decided to put off reporting to child protective services until we talk to a family lawyer tomorrow.

Managed to contact a coworker who went on the trip with her. She was shocked to find out that my partner and I were dating. She thought I was just her landlord. She said my partner has been seeing that man for several months. My partner is pregnant and we're not sure who the father is.

According to her coworker, my partner had applied for a month's leave, so she assume it was my partner's plan to stay over. My partner even told her that the girls will be living with their aunt.

I don't think my fiance had ever used drugs. It would be ironic if she did. She was my therapist when I was in drug rehab, before we eventually started dating.

My partner had threatened to leave several days ago after a small argument, but I thought things were settled between us.

Had changed my personal online banking account login credentials since she had access to them and was responsible for handling our finances. She had managed to transfer another $40k out of the account. They were several more transfer pending that I got the bank to cancel.

Sorry for the long update.

There's another update saying their attorney has advised them to stop talking about it online.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lucrece posted:

Does anyone remember Disney-year-wife??

AITA for going back on a promise I made to my wife post-affair?

Man, I was hoping it was going to include something about the fancy seafood dinner where she wanted him to dress up as Prince Eric.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I called one of my cats "little fluffini" this morning and I 100% blame this thread

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

My autistic son was doxxed today
u/justsomeguy4236h
I do not want to go into all the details. The basics:

I wrote a post that a local Texas pastor took issue with. It was simply my opinion on the role of a school in protecting children from discrimination and intolerance. Essentially, I said a school should never listen to parents who argue against providing a safe space for our LGBT students, and that those who argue otherwise are backwards and intolerant.

The pastor then appeared on a Facebook Live and YouTube web show. The host of the show called CPS live to make a false report that I was abusive, but became frustrated with the automated system, so he gave my son’s full name and my address to his audience instead.

My son is autistic. He is twelve years old. I have been looking, but I cannot find specific laws this violates.

Is it just harassment? There has to be something related to the fact that my son is a child.

Please help!

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
Pastor bearing false witness like a pro

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Johnny Truant posted:

I called one of my cats "little fluffini" this morning and I 100% blame this thread

Did you do it with a mobster accent?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Paramemetic posted:

Did you do it with a mobster accent?

She had jumped up on the table where my oatmeal was and licked it, so I made the exasperated Italian hand gesture and went "little fluffini!"

I've got cat brain worms, don't @ me :kimchi:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Honey, sometimes I feel like if you really loved me, you'd take a turn feeding my bedbug collection.

empty sea posted:

But I guess one dumbshit horse or deer in a 100,000 loves it and no more giant sloths = tree seed spreading and survival.

Unfortunately horses don't spread the seeds effectively, but the tree can be found in 39 states because it made kick-rear end hedges before barbed wire was invented. It also reproduces by runners, like strawberries.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Pirate Radar posted:

[California] My (32M) partner (41F) left the state with another man, leaving her two daughters (15,13) behind with me. What do I do?

There's another update saying their attorney has advised them to stop talking about it online.

That is a spicy buried lede.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vim Fuego posted:

too uptight for the wedding party, smh

The dance routine is from the bride's favorite anime, isn't it ?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You WILL do the caramelldansen at my wedding, god drat you!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pirate Radar posted:

And all it cost him was $55,000.

Do you think she set this up when she was his therapist for drug abuse?

teen witch posted:

My autistic son was doxxed today

I think it's time for burning at the stake to make a comeback.

Or, at the very least, a visit to a lawyer.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 16, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for reacting badly to girlfriend sending me underwear with a lot of period blood?

Hi, my girlfriend is on her period. Been together 2.5 years and she sent me a snapchat of her underwear drenched in blood on snapchat. I didnt really wanna see that and told her that it was disgusting. She got super offended and twisted it so she's saying that I think she is disgusting rather than what she did. She said I can't go to the house party.

She's also agreed to a house party at her house with her friends and I was invited but I dont really like drinking or staying up late so I didnt really want to go but I didnt make that known. She said today that she doesnt want a house-party and has 'no choice' but to be apart of it. I've offered up my house but she wont take it - too stubborn.

I've concluded I'm not going to be manipulated by tears or decision changes (which she's done) and have said I'm not going.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

TLDR; Girlfriend sent picture of underwear in period blood on snapchat to me. She got mad at me for being disgusted and reacting negatively to it. She said I cannot go to her houseparty - has since changed her mind as always when shes mad at me. Says shes stressed - we both are as we're uni students. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

EDIT: She sent me a message saying

"I made this to post on Reddit. Yeah, I made a Reddit account JUST to ask someone's opinion. But I've decided I'm not gonna do that cos I don't wanna be like you and resort to asking strangers for advice and opinions when it has nothing to do with them. Instead, I'm just gonna send you what I was gonna post on Reddit so you can get an insight into what has been going through my mind this past 18 or so hours.'

This is her pov: 'So this is a super weird thing to post about, but I just wanted another opinion on it because I really don't see it as a huge deal. So yesterday my period was super heavy, to the point that I leaked onto the crotch of the grey sweatpants I was wearing. This hasn't happened to me for a long time, so thinking 'Oh, crap, these nice, comfy trousers are ruined, I'm gutted', I took a photo of the bloodstain in the sweatpants and sent it to my boyfriend captioned 'gently caress, these are ruined.' In hindsight, it was a little bit weird, potentially TMI, but we've been together three years next April and he's seen my blood an abundance of times: on bed sheets, during sex, on towels etc etc. But this time he reacted super weirdly, telling me to 'gently caress off' and that it was disgusting and asking why would I think it's okay to said that to him and that its the equivalent of him sending me a photo of an item of clothing with a poo poo stain on it. I feel silly for sending it in the first place, but this period has really taken its toll on me, so I didn't really consider it as weird at the time, I just wanted him to see the kind of struggles I was going through with ruined clothing, feeling really lethargic, being in pain I don't know - I just wanted sympathy. But his reaction kind of made me feel like, in a way, he felt disgusted by my body. Like it's never bothered him before but all of a sudden it was super disgusting to him. This is a super ridiculous thing to post about, but I just wanted to know if I'm overreacting or if he'd overreacting and what people's thoughts are on this.'

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Smirking_Serpent posted:

As the title says, I have a hardcore phobia of feet...just really don't like touching them. My wife knows this but over the course of our 5 years together has constantly asked me to rub her feet. I've declined every time and say "I'm sorry babe, but you know I just don't like feet!". In my defense, I did try to give her a foot rub once but as anyone with a phobia can imagine, it did not work out.

Today she asked me to rub her feet after work. I had a rough day to day ( had to lay some people off at work due to the expiration of a contract D: ) and kind of snapped at her and said rather loudly that I wished she'd stop asking me to do something we've already discussed about me not liking. I felt guilty immediately and apologized after. She said I'm the only person she knows who gets upset at her when asking someone to rub her feet and I replied "I'm sorry I got upset babe but it frustrates me when you constantly ask me to rub your feet when we both know it drat near makes me ill".

She said "Sometimes I ask you because I hope you'd do it out of love" and I just looked at her incredulously for a moment and asked "What part of I don't like feet have you not gotten yet?!". This pissed her off and she said I'm just an rear end in a top hat that doesn't care while storming out of the room.

Jesus, reading this all out, what a dumb loving fight.

But honestly, am I an rear end in a top hat?

honeypot, this was written by a lady who's going to Koolaid Man her way into her own thread with something along the lines of "so now you guys understand not being compelled to do something you don't like, are you going to stop begging for blowjobs after your partner says no?"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for reacting badly to girlfriend sending me underwear with a lot of period blood?

Period blood or not I really don’t think many people care to see blood soaked articles of clothing. It’s kinda gross.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for mocking a friend who fakes their accent?

Oi mate, I'm bloody filthy and need to go take a dripsy.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Honey, I just took a massive poo poo! What do you mean you don’t want to see it? Are you calling me disgusting?!

Keep in mind though, there are plenty of guys who treat women as gross monsters for having periods at all. But there is a clear distinction between being disgusted by human waste versus being disgusted by the human themself.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Johnny Truant posted:

You need to step away from the thread and take a cold drippini.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Dazerbeams posted:

Honey, I just took a massive poo poo! What do you mean you don’t want to see it? Are you calling me disgusting?!

Keep in mind though, there are plenty of guys who treat women as gross monsters for having periods at all. But there is a clear distinction between being disgusted by human waste versus being disgusted by the human themself.

Yeah to me it seems kind of like sending a picture of your vomit-covered shirt like "oh man I'm soooooo sick I threw up everywhere look lol"

Like yeah, it happens, it's a bodily function, but it's still not something most people want to see.

Maybe if you're both nurses

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Daycare worker cattiness

quote:

[New Jersey] I started working at a daycare two months ago. I'm 21 and never been bullied and still wouldn't say that I have. But my coworkers are bullies. I just wouldn't call myself a victim to bullies anytime in my life.

I'm going to be an engineer. They're in childcare. Don't belong there. I'm a very serious, smart(sorry, maybe not good to say), and mature woman. But they act like pre-mature middle school girls. I don't get close or personal to coworkers and I know that that's what's killing them. That they don't get to understand me. They're not good for talking about politics, morals, serious issues, educated topics. So I am quiet.

Topic 1: My Boss:

I ignored them. I don't have feelings enough to be hurt and react. My boss said by ignoring it I bought it on(?). She heard I cried one time at work(oops, mental instability😂) and judged me and said I won't get through life so emotional. Ok. But coworker A doesn't do work and all she does is "warn" her over and over about it and not fire her. She'll make it through life?

At first, she acted outraged by the bullying. She acted outraged that coworker A sat for an hour while I cleaned and scrubbed. Acted outraged that coworker B lied to her face about making me do diapers. At first. Then,

Coworker A made a kid eat with his own snot running into his mouth and the parents almost disenrolled. This changed my boss. She came into our room and said "Get past the drama. You almost lost me $60,000. I'm a business woman. I'm not trying to take care of any of you, but my business." Like it was all our faults and not just coworker A's. Basically she told me 'forget you'.

Topic 2: Coworker B's Diaper Lie:

I need fingerprinting to do diapers. Didn't have them done. Coworker B is the leader. I asked her to do a babies poopy diaper nicely. Since I know I'm not legally allowed. The idiot thinks "I don't want to do diapers." She said rudely and annoyed "YOU do it. Come on." I got up. She was completely pissed and bitchy while giving the instructions. Whole time I'm thinking "I could be a convicted pedophile." I thought she was instructing me according to what the boss wanted. But I got in trouble with the boss. The next day, I tried to talk to the boss alone. She followed me to the office to get her lie in. She said "I don't remember you telling me Tuesday that you didn't have your fingerprinting done. You actually told me Monday that you wanted me to teach you. Remember? That you got your fingerprints done and the boss gave you the OK." I didn't even see her Monday. I said "That didn't happen." My boss believed me but didn't call her out for it. Then the "I'm a business woman" speech happened the next week.

Can I sue? Which person do I sue? I have great mental distress from this. I can't stop worrying. I broke the law now. There bitchiness went way too far. Their cameras are all-angle but no audio.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

"I made this to post on Reddit. Yeah, I made a Reddit account JUST to ask someone's opinion. But I've decided I'm not gonna do that cos I don't wanna be like you and resort to asking strangers for advice and opinions when it has nothing to do with them. Instead, I'm just gonna send you what I was gonna post on Reddit so you can get an insight into what has been going through my mind this past 18 or so hours.'

This is her pov: 'So this is a super weird thing to post about, but I just wanted another opinion on it because I really don't see it as a huge deal. So yesterday my period was super heavy, to the point that I leaked onto the crotch of the grey sweatpants I was wearing. This hasn't happened to me for a long time, so thinking 'Oh, crap, these nice, comfy trousers are ruined, I'm gutted', I took a photo of the bloodstain in the sweatpants and sent it to my boyfriend captioned 'gently caress, these are ruined.' In hindsight, it was a little bit weird, potentially TMI, but we've been together three years next April and he's seen my blood an abundance of times: on bed sheets, during sex, on towels etc etc. But this time he reacted super weirdly, telling me to 'gently caress off' and that it was disgusting and asking why would I think it's okay to said that to him and that its the equivalent of him sending me a photo of an item of clothing with a poo poo stain on it. I feel silly for sending it in the first place, but this period has really taken its toll on me, so I didn't really consider it as weird at the time, I just wanted him to see the kind of struggles I was going through with ruined clothing, feeling really lethargic, being in pain I don't know - I just wanted sympathy. But his reaction kind of made me feel like, in a way, he felt disgusted by my body. Like it's never bothered him before but all of a sudden it was super disgusting to him. This is a super ridiculous thing to post about, but I just wanted to know if I'm overreacting or if he'd overreacting and what people's thoughts are on this.'

Real bold move to post the PM expressing outrage at him airing their dirty laundry in public

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Makeout Patrol posted:

Real bold move to post the PM expressing outrage at him airing their dirty laundry in public

well it would be hypocritical of her to object to airing dirty laundry

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

Daycare worker cattiness

"I'm a very serious, smart(sorry, maybe not good to say), and mature woman."

Your writing indicates otherwise.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Yeah , like I bet the other workers there are bitches but have you considered that you yourself are also being a massive bitch to them with your very obvious superiority complex and disdain for both the work you find yourself doing and your coworkers? And also if you need to get fingerprinted for part of a job why haven't you gotten fingerprinted?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also "I cried at work too lol mental instability 😂"

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Pinecone Sample posted:

Daycare worker cattiness

On the one hand this girl sounds pretty obnoxious and off.

On the other hand my wife has worked in many pre-school type environments. And for every quality mature teacher/helper there is also at least two catty middle aged/boomer ladies who act like overgrown middle schoolers. So perhaps there are villains on both sides here.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Grape posted:

On the one hand this girl sounds pretty obnoxious and off.

On the other hand my wife has worked in many pre-school type environments. And for every quality mature teacher/helper there is also at least two catty middle aged/boomer ladies who act like overgrown middle schoolers. So perhaps there are villains on both sides here.

Oh, her coworkers probably are assholes. But the lady herself is throwing off massive "I'm too good for this job" vibes, and I bet it's even more apparent in person.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
i think comparing menstruation to poo poo is always dumb - but especially in this case since apparently he's fine with loving her on her period and presumably not sticking it up her rear end when she has diarrhoea or anything

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ulex minor posted:

i think comparing menstruation to poo poo is always dumb - but especially in this case since apparently he's fine with loving her on her period and presumably not sticking it up her rear end when she has diarrhoea or anything

Yeah but having sex with someone on their period is different vs getting a random snap of blood soaked clothes.

It doesn’t even seem like she warned him she just fired it off and expected him to be cool with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Power Khan posted:

my (24f) partner (26m) becomes weirdly confrontational in his penguin onesie

From like a million pages ago but reminded me of this:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2013/10/menace.html