Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

marktheando posted:

Marina Hyde has had sexual intercourse with Piers Morgan

That poor woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

This seriously damages her image as someone who sasses others lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jose posted:

honestly thought anyone would be better than May at campaigning and appearing on TV

https://twitter.com/hardcastIe/status/1195267953610149888

It's really scary that this guy is gonna win the election

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

I finally got the picture :hotpickle:

it also took me several days to work out that

SKILLS
WALLETS

didn't mean "the lib Dems will be good for your skills and your wallets" and was in fact a single phrase, so I think I might be terminally brain damaged

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dravs posted:

Ok, I know it's Marina Hyde, but I laughed at this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/15/boris-johnson-children-wheels-on-the-bus

Rees-Mogg gets described as a posh Karl Pilkinton.

at least shes not pro nazi coup this week

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

XMNN posted:

SKILLS
WALLETS

didn't mean "the lib Dems will be good for your skills and your wallets" and was in fact a single phrase, so I think I might be terminally brain damaged

Pretty sure that means you don't have several forms of brain damage

AnoHito has issued a correction as of 22:57 on Nov 15, 2019

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

XMNN posted:

SKILLS
WALLETS

sounds like your skills wallets needs an upgrade, friend. you'd never have made that mistake if your skills wallets was full of fresh skills. please consider giving the Liberal Democrats your vote!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Skills Brexit

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

when the libdems support the new tory govt will it be bo/jo or bojojo

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

bojojo's bizzare brexenture

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Bojo's Bizarre Adventure 4: Brexit is Unendable

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!
UBI is poo poo, it will be used as a motivation to cut wages and remove other welfare benefits.

Job guarantee is where it's at. Employ the reserve army of labour to do useful public good, brings wages back up.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Smirking_Serpent posted:

bojojo's bizzare brexenture

BojoJo's Brexellent Blast

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
my (21f) boyfriend (21m) won't stop sleeptalking about brexit and it's driving me insane!!
so my boyfriend has always been talking in his sleep, but recently it has become a problem. not only has it become more frequent, but also a lot louder and clearer.

and it is pretty much always about one thing: brexit and more specifically boris johnson.

he usually falls asleep before me and will start saying his name over and over. he has his eyes open while he does this btw, i know because i left on the fairy lights one night.

it's super creepy (he talks in this voice that sounds VERY awake) and keeps me up many nights. i'm becoming very sleep deprived and i'm thinking to tell him to move out...

what do you guys think? how can i solve this? I've talked to him about this, but of course he doesn't have any memory of this or control over it. we agreed to record him one night so he could hear it himself and when we played back the CONSTANT boris johnson chanting he just laughed it off. of course he doesn't think it's a problem if he's not the one not getting any sleep...

TLDR: bf dreams of boris johnson and chants his name every night in his sleep and keeps me up.

recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qshyl5z5gxvt63c/boris%20johnson.mp3?dl=0

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

White Rock posted:

UBI is poo poo, it will be used as a motivation to cut wages and remove other welfare benefits.

Job guarantee is where it's at. Employ the reserve army of labour to do useful public good, brings wages back up.

You have been brainwashed by the neoliberal idea that jobs provide human worth op. gently caress off with your "job guarantee"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ROD!

MACE!

WOOLSACK!

SKILLS WALLETS!

By your powers combined I'm Brexit

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I was going to complain about only four Brexiteers, but of course there's no heart; The British don't have one.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

as a skills cutpurse, I am quite adept at relieving rakes and fools of their skills wallets

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
can I get my skills wallet with a chain so I can clip it to a belt loop?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*looking at map of the uk* why wont you die

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
FOR FUCKS SAKES

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

GABA ghoul posted:

ROD!

MACE!

WOOLSACK!

SKILLS WALLETS!

By your powers combined I'm Brexit

You forgot order.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Volcott posted:

You forgot order.

Order is retired

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME?

NO, MANDATORY NATIONAL SERVICE!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oliwan posted:

You have been brainwashed by the neoliberal idea that jobs provide human worth op. gently caress off with your "job guarantee"

ubi was literally the preferred policy of milton friedman, one of the founding fathers of neoliberalism. it is, absent a full revolution which would make it redundant, a policy which would inevitably turn into the reformation of the poor, sick and unemployed as market subjects and their exile from the cities into either the countryside or, more likely, slums.the mechanism here is that market rents in attractive areas would simply rise to meet the increased purchasing power absent very active rent control measures, which will always have a strong constituency against them because people who own homes are pretty dependent on those homes increasing in value, which rent control counteracts

actually existing left-wing support of ubi (as in finland) tends to boil down to just removing the bullshit control measures from unemployment benefits - and even that has to be justified in terms of employment. ubi will be tried, because on a surface level it does make sense and it's fully coherent with the presently hegemonic ideology, and it will have horrific consequences because absent changes that are drastic enough to constitute a revolution onto themselves it cannot have any other effect. if we are to have a revolution, i would really prefer it if we could move on to collective ownership of stuff more directly rather than just put some reversible regulations in place

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

oliwan posted:

Neoliberals (and liberals) were actually very much on board with the idea of unearned income, which is probably why people like Mill, Hayek, Von Mises and Friedman were totally comfortable with the idea of a UBI

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME?

Ah, so y'all have a Pete Buttigieg too. Amazing!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

*looking at map of the uk* why wont you die

The British Museum has a powerful artifact that forces Britannia to carry on.

We must all hope The Jam Man destroys it.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Turbo nonce said he didn't do it!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/15/prince-andrew-on-friendship-with-jeffrey-epstein-i-let-royals-down

Who knew. ( We all did ).

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
The great thing is that you can use these posters over and over again for a massive savings

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

XMNN posted:

SKILLS
WALLETS

This would actually have been a much better campaign. I mean, not a good one, but this is the lib dems so any port in a storm

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Hillary 2020 posted:

The great thing is that you can use these posters over and over again for a massive savings

Have they just become a permanent part of the landscape in the UK?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Scarfolk is indistinguishable from the rest of the UK now

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

SelenicMartian posted:

While Brexit is getting a fresh coat of paint, Scarfolk has reactivated. There's a new book out now, too.

https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

UNIVERSAL BASIC INCOME?

I've been looking for a way to guarantee my citizenship.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Skrilla walletz

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Rock the Catskills

wallets

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon...ingawful.com%2F

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

:3:

Christ, I hope the right people actually win for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I’ve noticed a few brexit party signs while driving on the M40, but they say “don’t trust **** in a ditch boris, vote brexit”

I don’t understand, I thought he said die in a ditch, what 4 letter word are they trying to associate with BoJo?