Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm more impressed when I get a card that isn't just 69 or 420 to be honest.

187 on a motherfucking officer jenny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Countblanc posted:

Do you mean the browser and client, or the meta

both

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I know this is just me being old but the evolution sequence feels too fast now. You're done before the simple little tune gets to the key change and it feels like the poke is getting rushed. This new cocoon type bug sure is a flash design though.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm trying to level up a Milcrey/Alcreamie because the next gym is a dragon gym and I have zero fairy types. If I put her up front, and then switch out to a more tanky Pokemon, does she still get the XP as if she participated in the fight? Outside of what the EXP share does. It's been a long time since I've played a proper Pokemon.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I'm trying to level up a Milcrey/Alcreamie because the next gym is a dragon gym and I have zero fairy types. If I put her up front, and then switch out to a more tanky Pokemon, does she still get the XP as if she participated in the fight? Outside of what the EXP share does. It's been a long time since I've played a proper Pokemon.

This sounds like the exact use case for xp candies. Go bang out some raids.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I just want a G-Farfetch'd with a leek, game. :negative:

Is there a Frisk user available through route 5?

E: Never mind, very next one had one! Time to fish for crits. :hellyeah:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 16, 2019

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So when can I add Pride Ponyta to my team in Shield and how do I evolve it?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

How long does it take for weather in the wild area to switch? I just want my boy wooper, but his area has been snowing all day.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Dad Jokes posted:

How long does it take for weather in the wild area to switch? I just want my boy wooper, but his area has been snowing all day.

It's tied to your system's clock, so if you manually switch the time and date around you can change the weather. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, though, so you'll probably have to do a lot of futzing.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard

Zedd posted:

So when can I add Pride Ponyta to my team in Shield and how do I evolve it?

Glimwood Tangle, which is between the 4th/5th gyms.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hell yeah

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Speaking of Ponyta, one of the ones in the reveal video didn't have a tail. Was that just a weird thing with the video or does the gender determine if it has a tail? I need to know what to ask for when my friend catches one for me. I don't want no tailless FREAK

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm more impressed when I get a card that isn't just 69 or 420 to be honest.

Also yeah no idea what's going on with catching for you guys, I've gotten everything in like 1-2 normal rear end pokeballs and I've been clearing everywhere out past the second mining site.

Then prepare to be amazed! Also I am having way too much fun playing dress up. I've never played a Pokemon game where I can do that before!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Has anyone found Larvitar yet? Me and a friend both want to get Sword but also really want to use Tyranitar.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I'm mostly loving the heck out of this.

As it turns out Rookadee learns Power Trip and Hone Claws by level 8. Who cares about a 20 base power dark move and a sub-optimal buffing move? Well, Power Trip's base power goes up by 20 points for each "stage" you've increased a stat. That includes accuracy.

Use hone claws twice and you've doubled your attack and have a 100 base power dark move when your alternative is 35 base power peck (plus stab, but whatever).

This lead to a great 2nd rival battle where the premise was "Prove you've got what it takes to take on the gyms," and after setting up on the guy's Wooloo, I one shot all three of his pokemon with a tiny level 8 bird.

Second thing that's a bit mixed, but I ultimately feel good about myself so maybe it's good: I caught an Impidimp! Those guys are rare as heck, so I was glad it had an okay nature. He didn't know any fairy moves though, and everyone on my team seems to learn random dark moves, so I looked up when he'd learn his first fairy one.

Level 48. No fairy moves at all until then.

So I did max raid battles for a couple hours until I found a Shiinotic that dropped a TR for Rough Play. It was at that point that I realized that Impidimp's first two evolutions have better special attack than physical attack, and only his third one has better physical attack, so maybe I should have been looking for dazzling gleam, but I decided Play Rough was good enough.

But with all of this... I completely underestimated how much the EXP share is ruining my experience. My Thwakey and Corvisquire have been sitting in my bag for the past like 4 routes because my Galarian Meowth will not catch up in level, even though it leads every match. I just caught an Impidimp and a Hatena, so I guess I just have to resign myself to my first two fast-growing friends warming the bench during routes. Forever.

I actually hate it. How do other people deal with over leveling their starter and never seeing them again thanks to the EXP share? Do you just let your starter be over leveled compared to the rest of your team? Do you use those EXP candies and let the whole team be over-leveled?

How is this not driving everyone insane?

On the plus side, Meowth soaking up all my experience has lead to me being under leveled, which makes the real fights more fun.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

If I got the dual pack can I invite others to the larvitar/jangmo-o Max raid? If so how do I do that?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Fritzler posted:

If I got the dual pack can I invite others to the larvitar/jangmo-o Max raid? If so how do I do that?
If they're the same as other max raids, use + to set a link code, then click the "invite others" button.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:iia:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh it turns out the next gym ISN'T the dragon guy. I powerleveled an Alcreamie for no reason.

Oh well I wanted one on my team anyway

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is there some bullshit with catching Pokémon a higher level than yours? I'm trying to catch this level 16 machop in the wild area and he koed my entire team ranging between 13-9 while he had like 5 hp.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Oh it turns out the next gym ISN'T the dragon guy. I powerleveled an Alcreamie for no reason.

Oh well I wanted one on my team anyway

Even then, Alcremie probably won't be as useful as you think. Invest in a good ground type

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Eiba posted:

I actually hate it. How do other people deal with over leveling their starter and never seeing them again thanks to the EXP share? Do you just let your starter be over leveled compared to the rest of your team? Do you use those EXP candies and let the whole team be over-leveled?

How is this not driving everyone insane?
I'm leveling up like 20 pokemon already, and my starter is just part of the rotation like everyone else. I love it, because I always want to use a shitton of pokemon and now it's finally not a huge hassle.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

Is there some bullshit with catching Pokémon a higher level than yours? I'm trying to catch this level 16 machop in the wild area and he koed my entire team ranging between 13-9 while he had like 5 hp.
We just posted about that for the entire last page. Yes. Have an equal or higher level pokemon out front for catching, otherwise it's really hard.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Eiba posted:

Yep.

Nothing like Hop challenging you with his 10-13-ish team when you're rocking a team of 20+ :getin:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Even then, Alcremie probably won't be as useful as you think. Invest in a good ground type

But Alcreamie is cute

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

"Fun" fact I just learned: the raid catch isn't guaranteed, like I thought it was. And you only have one chance before the pokemon in question fucks off. Bye, butterfree. :sigh:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I wonder if the den counts as a dark area for the purpose of using dusk balls.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

"Fun" fact I just learned: the raid catch isn't guaranteed, like I thought it was. And you only have one chance before the pokemon in question fucks off. Bye, butterfree. :sigh:

yeah i just missed out on a g-max fire centipede 'cause of this, used a weak-rear end premier ball

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

yeah i just missed out on a g-max fire centipede 'cause of this, used a weak-rear end premier ball
:rip:
might be best to only tackle gigamax raid battles with friends so you can coordinate paralyzing and whatnot as well to make the catch easier

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

My character is wearing mirrored sports sunglasses and a varsity jacket and he looks so loving 90's Cool Kid in the best drat way doing the Dynamax poses

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Is there a trick to finding gigamax raids? Do they just come up later in the game?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Is there a trick to finding gigamax raids? Do they just come up later in the game?
pray to RNGesus

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Look at my Super Cool Kid

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is there a way to tell which pokes in the wild area are Very Strong? they look about as big as they should to me

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

BearDrivingTruck posted:

He looks astonishingly cool

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, reaching the Card Maker, I had the choice of the Kamen Rider, Ginyu or Gunbuster Pose;

I like to say I made the right choice for my Sword character.

Also Waifu2x does wonders for dealing with the Switch -> twitter upload

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 16, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

BearDrivingTruck posted:

You weren't kidding he is so Cool he could be a rival

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

Same, though I wasn't sure if maybe it was because its level was too high.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Eiba posted:

But with all of this... I completely underestimated how much the EXP share is ruining my experience. My Thwakey and Corvisquire have been sitting in my bag for the past like 4 routes because my Galarian Meowth will not catch up in level, even though it leads every match. I just caught an Impidimp and a Hatena, so I guess I just have to resign myself to my first two fast-growing friends warming the bench during routes. Forever.

yeah, i just use the EXP candies to make up the difference and consciously decide that it doesn't matter if i have five levels on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pokemon is easy pretty much no matter what so being over leveled doesn't significantly change the experience. If you want challenges it's better to do things like Nuzlockes.