Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

first take sounds fun today

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1195367167409045504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

rudolph was in fact asking for it, bill

clip in question: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21NlMgar1sc

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Even OJ tweeted a video of himself saying "so we aren't gonna punish the instigator huh" and drat if it's not that "heartbreaking: the worst person you know just made an excellent point"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

ElwoodCuse posted:

Even OJ tweeted a video of himself saying "so we aren't gonna punish the instigator huh" and drat if it's not that "heartbreaking: the worst person you know just made an excellent point"

Seems pretty on brand

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

First Take (or one of those ESPN morning shows - it might have been the Get Up) was on at my gym this morning and Bill's not wrong or really exaggerating all that much. I know for a fact it was at least 17 minutes straight of every replay angle/cut to talking heads/replays again/talking heads again.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Jumping back a step I asked folks I work with about Cris Carter getting fired. All I could get so far was that as of now it appears that it was just a work related non sexual harassment thing. So odds are he just threatened a high ranking fox sports executive or something stupid.

Secondly. It’s shocking how bad champions league coverage is on TNT/Bleacher and how much they bury it. Say what you want about FS1 but at least they’d reliably show the top game on that and FS2 which no one has, but would still show the 2nd game and the fox sports app was competent. If you go to the Bleacher Report site it’s no in-navigable and the highlights are hard to find. I’m actually relieved CBS outbid them.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It's a loving joke how much UEFA stuff got paywalled when TNT bought the rights to it. I almost wish sports leagues would turn down deals like that because it lowers their exposure and it's not like they're getting a cut of whatever subscription bullshit people have to buy now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

ElwoodCuse posted:

It's a loving joke how much UEFA stuff got paywalled when TNT bought the rights to it. I almost wish sports leagues would turn down deals like that because it lowers their exposure and it's not like they're getting a cut of whatever subscription bullshit people have to buy now.

It is sort of backwards to the idea that uefa wants a bigger cut of the US market. I wonder if it’s this infuriating to watch in China where their other big push for popularity is.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

It is sort of backwards to the idea that uefa wants a bigger cut of the US market. I wonder if it’s this infuriating to watch in China where their other big push for popularity is.

Games start at 4 am or so thanks to the magic of time zones. [Edit] 2 am or 4 am depending on if it’s the late or early kickoff. Yikes.

I woke up early to watch the Europa League final last season and only caught the second half.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 16, 2019

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

For real. I’ve been wanting to get in on the Premier League for a few years. They should take the “drug dealer approach” and give us a couple seasons for free before subscription-walling it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dinosaurs! posted:

For real. I’ve been wanting to get in on the Premier League for a few years. They should take the “drug dealer approach” and give us a couple seasons for free before subscription-walling it.
Premier League is on NBC at 12:30EST almost every Saturday

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Dinosaurs! posted:

This is what is was for the first 2-3 years. Games on NBC or NBCSN and every other game available for streaming if you had those channels. It’s only since last year that the streaming was a separate service

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I guess there’s also the question of its worth even giving a poo poo about growing the audience if the money from the broadcasters is already insane. It might not stay insane if nobody is watching but since this is business the short term gain is probably all anyone is looking at.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
NBC has a ton of poo poo they own the rights to coverage for but don't give a single poo poo about actually covering in any way. Cycling is a big one, and I wish they'd just give up all their rights so Flo would have every event on one service

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Gigi Galli posted:

I guess there’s also the question of its worth even giving a poo poo about growing the audience if the money from the broadcasters is already insane. It might not stay insane if nobody is watching but since this is business the short term gain is probably all anyone is looking at.

This is how ESPN is operating ESPN+.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

There’s plenty of other to be made by growing the audience though. Namely in merchandise sales. But also, getting bigger shirt sponsors from more global megacorporations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Fox from what I heard let UEFA go because it interrupted such hallowed programming as The Herd and Undisputed. Those did better ratings than soccer at 11am PST.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also i heard this week that the champions league will mainly be on cbs all access

at least it sounds cheaper than the current arrangement where you're charged per game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i think the b/r live thing has a subscription with the per-game thing just being an option

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Premier League is on NBC at 12:30EST almost every Saturday

Ungratek posted:

This is what is was for the first 2-3 years. Games on NBC or NBCSN and every other game available for streaming if you had those channels. It’s only since last year that the streaming was a separate service

Ah ok I’m just a blind moron and thought it was only ever restricted to NBCSN. At least I can follow through and start watching now. Thanks.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

NBC has a ton of poo poo they own the rights to coverage for but don't give a single poo poo about actually covering in any way. Cycling is a big one, and I wish they'd just give up all their rights so Flo would have every event on one service

Most of that stuff is on the Olympic Channel now

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So uh... wow Gary Danielson

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1195829641715605506

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1195830655160070144

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

drat he fuckin trucked her and danielson straight up doesn’t react

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Declan MacManus posted:

drat he fuckin trucked her and danielson straight up doesn’t react

He seems to not understand what’s happening despite watching a reply focused on what happened

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
e: wrong thread

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

In contrast, Danielson was getting creepy as all hell at the end of the game. He figured the photographer would be saying Go Dawgs and thought that Georgia might give her a game ball or something like that. He was not at all concerned about her actual health, of course. I wonder if he even looked at the replay to see her get wiped out by Herrien himself and by him knocking the camera into her face.

That type of thing on a sideline scares me. Fortunately, I've only been lightly kicked by a 12-year old rolling out of bounds. When you get a camera in front of you, it screws up your depth perception and just how fast players can move. I probably bail too early when it's coming close, but that's a good reminder why. Being seated/kneeling, she had no chance, even if she did sense it coming, to get out of the way.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
danielson is one of the worst announcers in any sport anywhere

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/AJHaefele/status/1196487253037420544?s=20

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

huh... would not have expected that

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DJExile posted:

huh... would not have expected that

Some more info:

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1196506783772114944?s=20

https://twitter.com/HarrisonWind/status/1196511852915675136?s=20

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I hope they can do it, Comcast does the regional networks dirty when they get them.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Rick posted:

I hope they can do it, Comcast does the regional networks dirty when they get them.

altitude is owned by stan kroneke

gently caress stan kroneke

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Comcrap is somehow worse

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

gently caress. Legitimately I can't decide who I like less.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Still no Papi :(

On the other hand, "If there was a Hockey Cat, he'd be Mario LeMeow"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
edit: wrong thread

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So that intern that got trucked in the georgia game got a pretty great photo out of it

https://twitter.com/brianherrienn/status/1196779681934184448

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/i/status/1196987258643124224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lol as I recall, someone at deadspin found those guys and interviewed them. they were great.

also hashtag justproductiontruckthings

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1197172337071861761