Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

These are cookie crumbles

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

alexandriao posted:

I don't get this in modern militaries because it means all the headshots are the same height off the ground. Also shorter people can find cover better

You jest, but you are not wrong.

During WW2 in the Pacific, BAR's were given to the shorter men as they were harder to spot and shoot. Short and wide men, I'd guess, as the BAR is heavy as gently caress. Let the larger folks with Garands get shot at while the little dude crawls up and BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM.

Come to think of it, I've met three former SAW gunners, all under about six foot tall.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

madeintaipei posted:

You jest, but you are not wrong.

During WW2 in the Pacific, BAR's were given to the shorter men as they were harder to spot and shoot. Short and wide men, I'd guess, as the BAR is heavy as gently caress. Let the larger folks with Garands get shot at while the little dude crawls up and BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM.

Come to think of it, I've met three former SAW gunners, all under about six foot tall.

What is a BAR? Pretty sure Google is just gonna try to get me drunk

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

What is a BAR? Pretty sure Google is just gonna try to get me drunk

I believe it is the Browning Automatic Rifle.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

.30-06, you metric heathens. :argh:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I believe it is the Browning Automatic Rifle.

Noice

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Captain Hygiene posted:

$10,000 vs a whole lifetime of Gaytimes? :thunk:

if you invest that 10k w/ cumshitter your entire family line can have a lifetime of gaytimes.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Memento posted:

This is a real, and delicious, ice cream bar sold in Australia. They also sell a Unicorn coloured one which is super awesome.

For years, people would just snicker at "gaytime" until Streets released the "chocolate gaytime" which suddenly gave a whole new appreciation for the "golden" part. These days you can choose to have a "golden", "chocolate" or "salty" gaytime. I think they had a pina colada one too, but that's upsettingly off brand.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Lady Disdain posted:

It's also worth noting that Gaytime's slogan is "It's hard to have a Gaytime on your own."

Hard, but not difficult.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So if there ever is a war between tall people and short people, the shorts would win?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lizard Combatant posted:

For years, people would just snicker at "gaytime" until Streets released the "chocolate gaytime" which suddenly gave a whole new appreciation for the "golden" part. These days you can choose to have a "golden", "chocolate" or "salty" gaytime. I think they had a pina colada one too, but that's upsettingly off brand.

but no american gaytime, they don't sell that anymore, like coke in green glass bottles

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Zzulu posted:

So if there ever is a war between tall people and short people, the shorts would win?

yes, because they are comfy and easy to wear

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Zzulu posted:

that's exactly what the dude from the bagel shop wants you to think

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I feel like there is a virgin tell person vs chad short person in this

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

madeintaipei posted:

During WW2 in the Pacific, BAR's were given to the shorter men as they were harder to spot and shoot.

Actually they gave the BAR to new guys because the thing was heavy as hell and no one wanted to have to lug it around

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If you hadn't rolled a dwarf with high CON and STR you weren't allowed to carry the BAR

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Nah. Through the tactical use of the famed "hold short person's head at arm's length so they can't reach you" maneuver, tall people will once again dominate the earth with their gangly long strides.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah. Through the tactical use of the famed "hold short person's head at arm's length so they can't reach you" maneuver, tall people will once again dominate the earth with their gangly long strides.

One day we manlets will rise up against the likes of you!

Ehh, who am I kidding.

One day we manlets will glare from a prudent distance at the likes of you!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unfortunately it's just a random officer, not Tarkin.

https://twitter.com/ghweldon/status/908355015819001856

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

Couldn't be worse than the Kevin J. Anderson books.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Samuringa posted:

We are the fourth website, it was posted here.

Somethingawful.com

We are the fourth website.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Well son of a bitch.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Gonna guess that this is the droid that Chewie roared at, because that's how the Star Wars fandom works.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's a miracle original characters that never appeared or were mentioned in the movies existed in EU at all.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The only non-canon storylines I miss are the vidya james KOTOR and Jedi Knight.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

The entire extended universe happened because George Lucas got even lazier running the franchise, and found out that finding some good scifi writers to supplement the story base kept the name afloat when he did not bother with the new movies or that TV show he kept mentioning for two decades, and later found out that allowing garbage-tier stuff was even cheaper way of doing it.

EDIT: Considering the current state, it is somewhat crazy to think that just twenty years ago there was a period when there really wasn't that much star wars. Three movies and three books, plus some games which were considered official canon.

Der Kyhe has a new favorite as of 19:56 on Nov 16, 2019

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

...okay?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"Waiting for Godot", which I think is a play.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:newlol:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"Waiting for Godot", which I think is a play.

Correct. By Becket. The joke has now been analysed and explained to all. A good joke. Well done.

Here is a picture of a cookie crumble ice cream aka a golden gaytime in some warmer countries.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Correct. By Becket. The joke has now been analysed and explained to all. A good joke. Well done.

Who?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Dr. Samuel Beckett, from the Time leap TV series. You know, the guy is just waiting for the right leap to happen.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Least necessary comic caption ever written

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

This is the one where George and Jerry are mistaken for Nazis, right ?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't find it, but some sad soul made a Kickstarter to revive this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...