Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Wonder how chromes will work in the new getup.

Off-coloring was an interesting mechanic though certainly a pita for some build types, but fully random also would be annoying in its own way

lurksion fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 16, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When you get enough damage you can just run and tap both of them. I prefer Divine Ire because on bosses it feels like you're unleashing a concentrated beam of gently caress You.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

lurksion posted:

Wonder how chromes will work in the new getup.

The 4.0 deep dive says that chromes work on gem sockets (eg you use it on the active skill)
Items have set colors. like bows will always have 4 greens. Hybrid armors can have hybrid colors, like EV/AR armors can set either green or red skills
new end-game currency will let you change colors on items.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You have been fairly persuasive... anyone have a link to a beginner friendly Divine Ire build?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Diogines posted:

Scorching ray looks easier? Don't you need to spend extra time lining up enemies to do divine ire?

the channeling portion also kills regular enemies pretty fast. scorching ray is simpler, but you're not as safe because it doesn't put an AoE around you like divine ire does while you're charging. honestly divine ire could not even have the beam at all and would still be halfway playable

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Can someone price check this 6 link that just dropped for me?

Fire damage as extra chaos damage and the acc look juicy, although its not like a top tier staff. Similar staves were going at like 100c but I don't know if they were being hopeful or not

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
3.9 is either a non-Necromancer spell user or a bow using Champion to start. I have to wait for more details.

edit: that staff is worth 1 divine orb

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Feldegast42 posted:

Fire damage as extra chaos damage and the acc look juicy, although its not like a top tier staff. Similar staves were going at like 100c but I don't know if they were being hopeful or not

Its garbage. Nobody actually cares about accuracy mods, unless they're doing some funky accuracy stacking build. And even then it's only one good mod.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I hope in POE2, they fix drop clutter by making currency drop a lot and weapons/armor drop less often and usually white.

It would encourage crafting and with the sockets being tied to the skill gems, the difference between a white item and a rare item is literally an alchemy orb.

Edit: And currency items stack on ground for easier/quicker looting.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nerox posted:

I hope in POE2, they fix drop clutter by making currency drop a lot and weapons/armor drop less often and usually white.

It would encourage crafting and with the sockets being tied to the skill gems, the difference between a white item and a rare item is literally an alchemy orb.

Edit: And currency items stack on ground for easier/quicker looting.

In one of the talks they spoke about working on a new loot system with a lot fewer drops that were more meaningful. It would not only improve looting experience, but also massively improve performance since you no longer need to render 600 items on the ground with shadows/reflections etc. You're probably not getting more currency though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Make it so currency automatically gets hoovered up like azurite.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Kind of scratching my head at all the "omg this looks so much better"-comments in the PoE2 videos - to me it looks the same, just zoomed out a bit (which is great tbh). I guess the lightning is different.. or something?

What I'd like to see from PoE2 are wasd-controls (probably not happening, I know) and a mode that removes most particle effects & other mess so you can actually see what you're dying to underneath all the garbage filling your screen. Eagerly awaiting it, anyhow; at least they say the engine is better optimized, which would be great!

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Well metamorph is a mighty mighty bossin league, so ultra tanky hoag builds would prob make good starters.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

this league will be Heavy Strike's time to shine

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dropbear posted:

Kind of scratching my head at all the "omg this looks so much better"-comments in the PoE2 videos - to me it looks the same, just zoomed out a bit (which is great tbh). I guess the lightning is different.. or something?

It's an entirely new renderer. and the terrain (grass etc) is precomputed raytraced stuff that looks so much more detailed and sharp than what's currently in the game. The lightning is on a whole new level, and all the textures and objects look much more modern.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

J posted:

At the very least it will mean that they can reasonably expect players to have both an aoe skill and a single target damage skill and will probably tune boss HP accordingly.

Yeah, as much as the old players will moan about the changes, being able to feasibly use more then 1, maybe 2 active skills for the entire lifespan of a character is a welcome change along with being able to 6 link those skills without bankrupting yourself on a potential gamble.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

TheRat posted:

In one of the talks they spoke about working on a new loot system with a lot fewer drops that were more meaningful. It would not only improve looting experience, but also massively improve performance since you no longer need to render 600 items on the ground with shadows/reflections etc. You're probably not getting more currency though.

I thought it was interesting that Chris has encountered the same problem that the Diablo 3 devs did. He said that the tests he ran were great -- way less clutter, less rares, but those that dropped were typically objectively better on average than the rares that dropped now and were worth checking out. The problem was that typically the items STILL won't be any good or worth picking up, because odds are they won't be good for the build you're playing, and most players won't be able to interpret the inherent value of items to different builds. Diablo's solution to this was their dumb targeted drop system, so it'll be interesting to see where Chris goes with it instead, if he messes with it at all.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Wilekat posted:

I thought it was interesting that Chris has encountered the same problem that the Diablo 3 devs did. He said that the tests he ran were great -- way less clutter, less rares, but those that dropped were typically objectively better on average than the rares that dropped now and were worth checking out. The problem was that typically the items STILL won't be any good or worth picking up, because odds are they won't be good for the build you're playing, and most players won't be able to interpret the inherent value of items to different builds. Diablo's solution to this was their dumb targeted drop system, so it'll be interesting to see where Chris goes with it instead, if he messes with it at all.

this is pretty much identical to right now. honestly i am comfortable with the idea of people making currency by knowing the value of particular mod combinations and picking up stuff that most people would leave behind. that seems like a valuable role that should exist in the economy because it adds more playstyle diversity. that's just harder than it should be right now because rares are, on average, trash for everyone, rather than on average good for at least one build

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Jazerus posted:

this is pretty much identical to right now. honestly i am comfortable with the idea of people making currency by knowing the value of particular mod combinations and picking up stuff that most people would leave behind. that seems like a valuable role that should exist in the economy because it adds more playstyle diversity. that's just harder than it should be right now because rares are, on average, trash for everyone, rather than on average good for at least one build

I agree with you. If anything it was interesting to me that Chris sounded like he thought it was a problem -- I mean, I totally understand why he wouldn't like that most of the loot that dropped in his game was being ignored (or outright filtered out) by its players, but this niche of players earning currency by being able to identify what would have value to players other than themselves has a lot of merit in my view, and I say this as a player that is terrible at it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I absolutely hate when it's time to switch to my *ludicrously* strict filter, which for Blight league took approximately 4 days because lol necromancers lol. Opening up chest after chest and hearing things get thrown on the ground but never make it past my filter. Doing a 5-way and seeing...four? five? items make it past my filter. But that's how it is, because the items being filtered out aren't worth my time.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I usually end up filtering out almost all rares probably way earlier than I "should" based on how videogame-rich I am because I just don't like the mental effort of sorting through all of them when 99% are gonna get vendored.
At one point I made a custom version of the filterblade very- or ultra- filter specifically so I could hide rares but still pick penny shavings up off the ground in the form of whetstones and the like.

I heard some good advice about getting a public dump tab with the buyout set to whatever the minimum you'll leave a map for is and then just dropping everything that looks maybe potentially valuable in there. Then when it gets full you blindly vendor everything and start again. Makes it a lot less of a mental load to decide whether rares are crap or worth selling.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Diogines posted:

You have been fairly persuasive... anyone have a link to a beginner friendly Divine Ire build?
I used this build in the last league. It hasn't been updated for Blight but I can't imagine there's too many differences. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451652

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
I always do the chaos recipe for the first couple of days. It's a very good source of currency even if you chose a bad league starter. It gives you a very steady amount of currency until your clear speed gets up to high levels.

After that I just filter out all all rares without really good bases (like steel rings for example) or shaper/elder mods. There's no point in picking up anything else I've found. The money you would get from the couple of decent items you would pick up normally is completely offset by the time you save not picking up any rares.
Also filter out all garbage uniques and div cards. There is no point in selling items that are worth less than an alch.

Maybe this change will make me pick up more stuff again. Right now it just seems like a complete waste of time.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Eezee posted:

I always do the chaos recipe for the first couple of days. It's a very good source of currency even if you chose a bad league starter. It gives you a very steady amount of currency until your clear speed gets up to high levels.

After that I just filter out all all rares without really good bases (like steel rings for example) or shaper/elder mods. There's no point in picking up anything else I've found. The money you would get from the couple of decent items you would pick up normally is completely offset by the time you save not picking up any rares.
Also filter out all garbage uniques and div cards. There is no point in selling items that are worth less than an alch.

Maybe this change will make me pick up more stuff again. Right now it just seems like a complete waste of time.

Is it not even worth picking up Uniques to vendor for alch shards?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I usually end up filtering out almost all rares probably way earlier than I "should" based on how videogame-rich I am because I just don't like the mental effort of sorting through all of them when 99% are gonna get vendored.
At one point I made a custom version of the filterblade very- or ultra- filter specifically so I could hide rares but still pick penny shavings up off the ground in the form of whetstones and the like.

I heard some good advice about getting a public dump tab with the buyout set to whatever the minimum you'll leave a map for is and then just dropping everything that looks maybe potentially valuable in there. Then when it gets full you blindly vendor everything and start again. Makes it a lot less of a mental load to decide whether rares are crap or worth selling.

Yeah, I'll gladly pick up lovely uniques and chrome recipe trash but can't be assed to sort and price any rares besides rings and amulets.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Is it not even worth picking up Uniques to vendor for alch shards?

Yes it is. Leaving bad uniques on the floor is usually what leads to a bunch of idiots whining about alchemy drop rates being nerfed and them not being able to sustain

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
You've probably seen the short clip of Quin meeting Slipperyjim8, but the whole thing is brilliant:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/508788711?t=1h29m18s

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SIGN IT

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I hope he ate the egg

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Can I just say how cool it is that the new trailer combines the musical themes of Legion and the Atlas because it's thematically relevant to the story content?

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
On my way to Exilecon day 2 now! Going to get in another 45 mins of PoE 2 :getin:

Outside that, if anyone has a question they want answered that hasn't been covered in the talks, let me know and I'll try and ask if I run into an appropriate dev.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ripper Swarm posted:

On my way to Exilecon day 2 now! Going to get in another 45 mins of PoE 2 :getin:

Outside that, if anyone has a question they want answered that hasn't been covered in the talks, let me know and I'll try and ask if I run into an appropriate dev.

I'm pretty sure we just want you to return with an armful of exalted orb stress balls to distribute to goons, ty.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Budgie posted:

I'm pretty sure we just want you to return with an armful of exalted orb stress balls to distribute to goons, ty.

I will trade you 100-164 chaos stress balls for one of these.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Is it a panel with brevik? That going to be streamed?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Feldegast42 posted:

that is worth 1 divine orb

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1195800293667065858

2 times 0 is still 0 though :smith:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Ripper Swarm posted:

MTX pricing is the only question I really have at this point, which is more of a biz question than a dev one. The prices for some of the stuff on the shop is outright KMMO levels of hostile.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i dont even know why the felt the need to do drops. most of us would have watched anyway and now "waaahhhh i got no drops" is all im seeing instead of hype for the cool stuff they showed

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Wilekat posted:

MTX pricing is the only question I really have at this point, which is more of a biz question than a dev one. The prices for some of the stuff on the shop is outright KMMO levels of hostile.

you will buy our $64 wings and you will like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

only 30 american dollars to have this lovely looking dragon follow you around

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Is it a panel with brevik? That going to be streamed?

That panel isn't being streamed but it is being recorded