Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, that’s almost certainly the case. I think eBay even lets you fill in one line of feedback for all the items bought.

well, hopefully i will have the last laugh when i turn out to have paid just over retail price for an expensive toy! ahahahaha!

right now i am gathering up all the spare accessories and guns i have so i can make a little market stall for swindle. i don't know why i find a greedy scammer robot to be such a compelling character, but I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Every time I read Fraudo’s name I think of Disenchantment.

Hi, I’m Fraudo!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

No. Please change, nerds. Be better. :mad:

Seconding this.

ruddiger posted:

Every time I read Fraudo’s name I think of Disenchantment.

Hi, I’m Fraudo!

:same:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Heh, based on posts here and there I've found a couple of you guys on TFW.

NERDS.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

NERDS.

NERDS? In this thread of all places?! GIT EM!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

NERDS.
You're one to talk, knock-off thread regular RyanCharlie.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i registered a tfw account so i can ask 'is it mp scale?' in every thread instead of annoying people with 8000 questions here.

the people there are quite strange though. very angry about toys.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
TFW is a very weird mix of immaturity, tribalism, and being really well informed.

Edit: everybody I’ve interacted with directly there has been nice and helpful, though

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 16, 2019

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Are there any Transformers communities that are chill like this thread, it's been years since I posted anywhere

Lol this was a stupid question probably

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m partially responsible for the Allspark forums existing. Me and the admin became friends while posting on a comic book forum back in the day and both of us hated the official tf message boards at the time (I think this was BW/BM era, there was a lot of drama at the time, which is silly because, y’know) so he decided to start up the allspark boards.

I only posted there a handful of times but I got burned out on the hobby around that time. Plus, Armada really killed my interest with the brick-like robots in that line.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 16, 2019

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Best thing to come out of the allspark was Mike Miksch's Legends of Batman

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i got swindle into a pose i liked and voila

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

ruddiger posted:

I’m partially responsible for the Allspark forums existing. Me and the admin became friends while posting on a comic book forum back in the day and both of us hated the official tf message boards at the time (I think this was BW/BM era, there was a lot of drama at the time, which is silly because, y’know) so he decided to start up the allspark boards.

I only posted there a handful of times but I got burned out on the hobby around that time. Plus, Armada really killed my interest with the brick-like robots in that line.

Main thing you’ve missed from there is a 16 year old girl going by the name Kayla Kaon joining up, getting really close to kalidor really loving quickly, moving in with him right after she turned 18, like within days, and him making her second in command.

Not saying it’s anything inappropriate, but I got the gently caress out as soon as I found out about it, because it’s a very bad look and I’m not sure Hasbro needs to be doing any sponsoring.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Lol Jesus I remember similar poo poo happening with another girl, equanimity I think? Fuckin kalidor.

Meanwhile I have no idea at all who runs tfw.

Definitely don't miss that particular brand of forums drama. But I've said it before, this thread right here is the least idiotic place to talk about plastic robot men that I've found so far.

Also JBC how dare you not have it be "Jeep on swindlin' "

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Phy posted:

Lol Jesus I remember similar poo poo happening with another girl, equanimity I think? Fuckin kalidor.

Definitely don't miss that particular brand of forums drama. But I've said it before, this thread right here is the least idiotic place to talk about plastic robot men that I've found so far.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's like a robo-ice cream cone.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's like a robo-ice cream cone.

it's wheeljack's immobilizer that came with exhaust, but i think it looks like a pimp cup or an ice cream cone

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
JEEP ON SWINDLIN

e: bah jeep on swindlin ninny bon

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's an avatar worthy piece right there.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i got swindle into a pose i liked and voila

Goddamn, that's some classics appreciation there.

ruddiger posted:

Wasn't the Allspark the one that ratted out Aaron Archer giving exclusives to TFW? That's about the time I said "peace out" to the fandom

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My favorite recent TFW minor drama was when the first pictures of Earthrise Optimus came out, and a bunch of people freaked out because he had yellow eyes and grey hands. There were literally people arguing that blue hands were an integral part of Optimus Prime's character design. Then the in-package photos came out and he had blue eyes and hands, and a different set of people started arguing that the figure looked much better before with the yellow and grey. I feel bad for any Hasbro people who have to monitor the fandom as part of their job, it really is a no-win environment.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Reminds me of the temptation I had the last time I was fiddling with ideas of the "if I were in charge of a Transformers series" of having a trio of Decepticons based on the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, cause it would be so drat easy to pull off considering how drugs and drug analogues Cybertronians have

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i was extremely bored

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

That is great

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Thanks!

in my dreams IDW would hire me to write a Swindle standalone series, where Swindle and a crew of misfit transformers tour the galaxy making disastrous arms deals and failing to pull off scams. kind of an It's Always Sunny On Cybertron type thing. minimal focus on the war, maximum focus on hijinks and misadventures.

cmon IDW, i'm a published author, let me write the robots. maybe i should send them a script or something.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Thanks!

in my dreams IDW would hire me to write a Swindle standalone series, where Swindle and a crew of misfit transformers tour the galaxy making disastrous arms deals and failing to pull off scams. kind of an It's Always Sunny On Cybertron type thing. minimal focus on the war, maximum focus on hijinks and misadventures.

cmon IDW, i'm a published author, let me write the robots. maybe i should send them a script or something.

What have you written?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

poo poo I remember that, wasn't long after I checked out of the fandom.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

What have you written?

i wrote a novel, i can pm you the amazon link but i don't wanna associate my awful SA account with my professional work.

does anyone have the DX9 blitzwing? he looks very nice, and i was impressed by the dx9 toys i got to look at at the TF meetup i went to. I know i should probably wait for the fans toys version, but that still looks like it's years away. all the blitzwing toys seem to have jacked up shoulders.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

i wrote a novel, i can pm you the amazon link but i don't wanna associate my awful SA account with my professional work.

does anyone have the DX9 blitzwing? he looks very nice, and i was impressed by the dx9 toys i got to look at at the TF meetup i went to. I know i should probably wait for the fans toys version, but that still looks like it's years away. all the blitzwing toys seem to have jacked up shoulders.
Closest thing I ever did to writing anything was a couple abortive fanfic things about a decade ago, and providing the script for one of the Transformers Mosaics comics(which unfortunately came out really badly because I was dumb enough not to get someone to edit my writing and thus it came out a lot more awkward and amateurish than I intended, and the person who did the art for it did a really bad job at it, even though I recruited them specifically because they were a reasonably good artist)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd write the Quickstrike ongoing series.

Pay me.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'd love to do a low-stakes mini featuring some lesser-knowns like Ricochet and Tigertrack.

You know what else I'd love? For Siege Apeface to have one non-shallow hole in his arm so his shield could mount there and not fall off if you breathe on him. The upper two holes really can't support the shield due to transformation, but if there was ever a guy that NEEDED a hollow forearm peg hole like Siege Megatron, it's this guy. I've put it on the underside of his forearm in his hand, but it's not the same as shoulder armor...

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I’d love it if Siege Apeface was good at all, but he is kinda not

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Aw don't say that, mine just arrived!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Captain Magic posted:

I’d love it if Siege Apeface was good at all, but he is kinda not

Please don’t bully Apeface

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I think his robot mode is pretty good, but none of the panels for ape mode want to line up or peg in, and the cone for jet mode has the same issue.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It has something to do with that sickly white plastic. There's a little more give than usual there, and it's totally possible to massage everything into place. It doesn't even look like the neck assembly under the gorilla head piece will fit, but it does, perfectly. Same for the jet cone. It's a weird choice but it works. It also feels wrong.

My one problem with him is that none of the peg holes in his arms are deep enough for the shield to peg in securely

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I haven't transformed him yet but the white plastic does seem fresh off the 3d printer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My MMC Bulkhead and Senator Ratbat have arrived, Ratbat is incredibly swooshable.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

I’m super jealous of your MMC Bulkhead but I just can’t justify the purchase. My Wreckers display still feels good with 1st Edition Prime Bulkhead.

Man I remember I paid like $60 for him 8(?) years ago and thought that was beyond the pale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I just transformed ApeFace through the ape jet and back and it was a fun time. The jet nose was a little tricky to get pegged in the front. The white/beige plastic is real blah.