Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I will simply tap X to ascend this small bump...ah oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

You see that mountain? You can fall down it and feel like a dipshit

EmmyOk posted:

lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Do more Peter Englert deliveries unlock in chapter 4 or something? I've maxed out just about everyone in chapter 2 and 3 but I've still only had one delivery for him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Do more Peter Englert deliveries unlock in chapter 4 or something? I've maxed out just about everyone in chapter 2 and 3 but I've still only had one delivery for him.

Yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

EmmyOk posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

BB freaking out and crying is the perfect little insult to add to the injury when you faceplant and lose all your stuff when trying to do something stupid

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HORMELCHILI posted:

Cool thanks for the huge story spoiler image you loving retard

It's not a story thing . It's what the game says will happen when you die to BTs, I was just surprised it actually happened

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I put Sam's sunglasses on then chug 3 beers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frenz posted:

I put Sam's sunglasses on then chug 3 beers.

Sunglasses + bridges cap is canon

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
It's crazy how many useful and game-changing items you get from maxing out social links. I can't imagine going through the game on story missions only.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Sunglasses + bridges cap is canon

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dying is a spoiler when youre as good at the game as i am

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

In Training posted:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

when you reach the southwest region

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I am making the mountains my bitch after chapter 6 using ziplines. The range on those things is wild and now I have like 3 different outposts I can deliver to and from while barely walking a few feet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finally finished the last piece of the highway between lake knot and south knot. The satisfaction of a job well done is the most powerful cheevo of all...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just found Conan lol

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Finally finished the last piece of the highway between lake knot and south knot. The satisfaction of a job well done is the most powerful cheevo of all...

I was a dumbass and went almost the entirety of chapter 3 without building the roads so I had enough materials hoarded to build like 16 segments nonstop. My bridge link rank jumped like 30 points at once

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I was a dumbass and went almost the entirety of chapter 3 without building the roads so I had enough materials hoarded to build like 16 segments nonstop. My bridge link rank jumped like 30 points at once

I didn’t realize there were optional premium delivery parameters and a rank above S tank until the end of chapter 5 lol

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

In Training posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

Yeah i went back to the eastern region after getting those because i had missed dorito pope and set up a huge network of those and its loving incredible

I spent all afternoon doing this , I felt like a cartographer walking around with my eyes glued on posts trying to gauge distances and find good sight lines across peaks lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also failed my first delivery ever when I took two steps out of Geoff's house and tumbled down a mountain and every single piece of cargo on my back rolled down to the river below and got destroyed

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

I also failed my first delivery ever when I took two steps out of Geoff's house and tumbled down a mountain and every single piece of cargo on my back rolled down to the river below and got destroyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_Ohy5cunl8&t=300s

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I spent all afternoon doing this , I felt like a cartographer walking around with my eyes glued on posts trying to gauge distances and find good sight lines across peaks lol

You can use the "plot a route" feature on the map to measure distances between too places, helped me a lot when i figured that out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

goferchan posted:

You can use the "plot a route" feature on the map to measure distances between too places, helped me a lot when i figured that out

booya, thanks

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

dismounted a zipline in the mountains and it dumped me over the edge

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I finally watched the Tim Rogers review and I love him so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

musclebusiness posted:

dismounted a zipline in the mountains and it dumped me over the edge

Lol yup

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The start of chapter 4 :stare:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You dont need to use plot a point on the map either if you just look at a spot in compass mode [holding l1] it tlls you the distance and then even shows you a terrain profile of a straight line between you and the point

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I was walking what felt like 300m then aiming at the last pylon in compass mode to verify

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

I was walking what felt like 300m then aiming at the last pylon in compass mode to verify

i did this and walked backwards off a cliffside like a grand canyon tourist

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I found out what the messages about strange lights refer to - memory chips. There's one in the decayed city block at Capital Knot and one on top of the Incinerator.

I was wrong about there being an invisible wall at the Incinerator. It's just some weird geometry where you can climb over what seems to be an invisible wall on the approach up to the Incinerator.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
ziplines are the airship and it's amazing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

jay z's sedan posted:

ziplines are the airship and it's amazing

I'm really excited to go back and remove excess ones and optimize my routes even though there's really zero benefit to it lol

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

goferchan posted:

I'm really excited to go back and remove excess ones and optimize my routes even though there's really zero benefit to it lol

Anything less than 295m is a waste lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A continuous series of zip lines around the perimeter of the entire map and at every single one of them you are greeted by a hologram of Conan O’Brien