Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TheHan posted:

Oh man I was so close to dumping Toxel from my team for not learning a single move and having no idea how to evolve it but wow is Toxtricity worth it.

So story time: I've had a truly horrendous week capped off with needing to take my dog into the ER for internal bleeding. Needless to say I craved a distraction from all the poo poo currently consuming my life, caved and bought the game. I told you that story to tell you this one. I caught a flawless toxel in game with a golden aura and the right nature to be amped up but get a +10 in special attack. Needless to say this thing is my precious child and it is murdering everything in it's path with no trouble. The end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

You should be able to get them any time, they're given by two permanent NPCs who detect if you have the save data on your switch

Oh good!

I'm gonna have to get a leek'd farfetch'd from someone at some point for how awesome Sirfetch'd is seeming to be.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Holy moly the Sinistea line has two forms: forgery and non-forgery

Because of the tea set

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Dear all game devs: No matter what your game is, put a ton of cosmetic options and people will eat that poo poo up

I've made one outfit that I'm happy and I will wear it forever.

I will also grind all the money to buy all the other clothes I will never use.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh my god, I did a 3-star Corviknight raid and it dropped a Brave Bird TR and Sirfetch'd can learn this poo poo :catstare:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Flopsy posted:

So story time: I've had a truly horrendous week capped off with needing to take my dog into the ER for internal bleeding. Needless to say I craved a distraction from all the poo poo currently consuming my life, caved and bought the game. I told you that story to tell you this one. I caught a flawless toxel in game with a golden aura and the right nature to be amped up but get a +10 in special attack. Needless to say this thing is my precious child and it is murdering everything in it's path with no trouble. The end.

Send this pupper my best! I’m guessing the daycare Toxtricity comes pre-amped cause Docile doesn’t seem like the kind of nature that would get you amped up (but it does like to thrash about?)

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
So buying new uniforms doesn't let you actually use them in challenges right?

Also did anyone else think bede was a girl initially?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Kyrosiris posted:

Oh my god, I did a 3-star Corviknight raid and it dropped a Brave Bird TR and Sirfetch'd can learn this poo poo :catstare:

You’ll find that Sirfetch’d is a very brave bird

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Scrap Dragon posted:

You’ll find that Sirfetch’d is a very brave bird

Yeah I'm more :catstare: at approximately how much murder she is about to dish out.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TheHan posted:

Send this pupper my best! I’m guessing the daycare Toxtricity comes pre-amped cause Docile doesn’t seem like the kind of nature that would get you amped up (but it does like to thrash about?)

Mercifully Jessie is going to be ok. The wound in her stomach has finally closed and she's no longer vomiting/passing blood. Goddamn vet scared the hell out of me telling me she could go septic and I didn't sleep for two days trying to keep an eye on her so I didn't miss it if she started developing a fever/ the shakes. From what I read the nature of the daycare toxel is random, truth be told I just wanted to put my good boi in a quick ball to match their coloring but I got extremely lucky on my first go, like ridiculously so. I'm keeping this one forever btw all he needs is a little hyper training and he's perfect.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
What does it mean when the Y button on the bottom left is red instead of black

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Flopsy posted:

How do Toxel/Toxitricity work? I just have the Toxel from the daycare, but I have no idea if its any good.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh my God I had like 80k and went shopping and now I can't afford even a pokeball what happened

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Okay so, what are my friend and I doing wrong with trading?

We're both selecting link trade with passcode, using the same code, and then either never getting a hit or getting hit after hit from other people presumably using the same code. But no matter what, we just can't seem to connect to each other.

What are we missing? Surely there is a way to just see that a friend is online and select from a list of actions what you want to do with them? Or is everything literally just shouting out into the ether and seeing who responds? Surely not.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Deified Data posted:

Okay so, what are my friend and I doing wrong with trading?

We're both selecting link trade with passcode, using the same code, and then either never getting a hit or getting hit after hit from other people presumably using the same code. But no matter what, we just can't seem to connect to each other.

What are we missing? Surely there is a way to just see that a friend is online and select from a list of actions what you want to do with them? Or is everything literally just shouting out into the ether and seeing who responds? Surely not.

Are you both online? I don't think it'll work if one person is in local communications mode.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Pylons posted:

Are you both online? I don't think it'll work if one person is in local communications mode.

Yeah, unless both of you are on the same local wifi you both need to be on internet mode. Once I fixed that with a friend (they were on local) it was instantaneous.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Flopsy posted:

I'm keeping this one forever btw all he needs is a little hyper training and he's perfect.

Same, from what I gathered by the trailers you can pretty much make any Pokémon competitive with mints/hyper training? I’m already attached to all my party members.

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

what up crew.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Annath posted:

How do Toxel/Toxitricity work? I just have the Toxel from the daycare, but I have no idea if its any good.

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/toxtricity/

Toxel evolve at level 30 and the form of their evolution is determined by their nature. That page I linked should show you what nature determines whether they're low key or amped up. Differences are mainly cosmetic but they have slightly different movesets. Personally I prefer the amped up appearance but most of those natures don't add to toxtricity's most vital stat: their special attack. I got lucky because mine was rash.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Flopsy posted:

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/toxtricity/

Toxel evolve at level 30 and the form of their evolution is determined by their nature. That page I linked should show you what nature determines whether they're low key or amped up. Differences are mainly cosmetic but they have slightly different movesets. Personally I prefer the amped up appearance but most of those natures don't add to toxtricity's most vital stat: their special attack. I got lucky because mine was rash.

Uh, what's the deal with the other form they show there that's only in pixel art?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Holy moly the Sinistea line has two forms: forgery and non-forgery

Because of the tea set

It's so good.

Speaking of how common are the tea pots? I found one by luck on the ground and used it on the first teacup I got but they have a kinda lovely nature (Special Defense + Speed - is kinda redundant when they can only have the weak armor ability). Am I gonna have to be more careful about who I use other ones I find on or is there a vendor or something later?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

Uh, what's the deal with the other form they show there that's only in pixel art?

Their gigantomax hasn't been released yet. I can link you to a video where a hacker is showcasing all the unreleased gigantomaxs if you want.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I saw him making trades and I kept getting them too - just not with each other. I can guarantee I was online, not 100% about him, but I have no clue how he'd be getting trades or how I'd be seeing his stamps if he wasn't. :/

But it must be something, if no one else is encountering this.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Kabu very nearly pushed my poo poo right in, holy crap, this game isn't screwing around none.

Quick question regarding Poke jobs: When I send dual-types out does it matter whether the type in question is the primary or secondary one? Like, if it needs fire, do Charizard and Litwick function the same, for example?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Oh god Arctozolt what have I done.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Kabu very nearly pushed my poo poo right in, holy crap, this game isn't screwing around none.

Quick question regarding Poke jobs: When I send dual-types out does it matter whether the type in question is the primary or secondary one? Like, if it needs fire, do Charizard and Litwick function the same, for example?

Funny story, I heard Kabu was in fact the local shitpusher and I went about trying to prepare for him. I literally have no pokemon with a type advantage and no moves that can do major damage to him. That's where toxtricity came in clutch. I had him murder his ninetales while my good boy linoone finished off her friend. Gave me enough time to get my poison boi dynomaxed and ready to finish off his spicy danger noodle.

Also gently caress his challenge, they sent me in there without a chance to heal up my pokemon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheHan posted:

Oh god Arctozolt what have I done.

Perfected god's work

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Perfected god's work

TRULY WE ARE THE POKE' GODS NOW.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
What should I name this weird apple with a wyrm in it

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

What should I name this weird apple with a wyrm in it

Which version ya got? Or what are you planning to evolve em' into anyway?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Up to 130 Pokédex entries between the the Wild area and the routes before the third gym. It’s too much. I want to move on but the Dex keeps telling to go catch poo poo.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kabu should ban quick balls from his challenge.

I mean he shouldn't but it was still pretty funny defanging the entire thing turn one and being told I'm a great trainer for it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kabu should ban quick balls from his challenge.

I mean he shouldn't but it was still pretty funny defanging the entire thing turn one and being told I'm a great trainer for it.

gently caress....I should've done that!!!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

Which version ya got? Or what are you planning to evolve em' into anyway?
Flapple, I'll get a second one for Appletun later.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Flopsy posted:

Funny story, I heard Kabu was in fact the local shitpusher and I went about trying to prepare for him. I literally have no pokemon with a type advantage and no moves that can do major damage to him. That's where toxtricity came in clutch. I had him murder his ninetales while my good boy linoone finished off her friend. Gave me enough time to get my poison boi dynomaxed and ready to finish off his spicy danger noodle.

Also gently caress his challenge, they sent me in there without a chance to heal up my pokemon.

Yeah I got through the first two okay and then the spicy danger noodle showed up and that was very nearly that despite my type advantage, completely fresh starter :gonk:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

Flapple, I'll get a second one for Appletun later.

Kanzi for Flapple Braeburn for Appletun.

edit: "Greenstar Kanzi Europe is made from a natural cross between a Gala apple and a Braeburn apple. Kanzi is Swahili for "hidden treasure".

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 17, 2019

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Note to self.

Discharge does in fact hit everyone around you in a Raid battle.

I am sorry poor low-level trainers who I accidentally nuked while oneshotting that Buneary.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why do the Pokemon I love keep dying :negative:

Ironheart, my Corviknight, got 1 shot during the Dragon Gym challenge :negative:

Why must you hurt me so Nuzlocke?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"I've been thinking... if a Cramorant swallowed me and then someone else caught it... Would I be able to go inside the Poke Ball, too? If I did, I'd be the first person in humanity's history to be caught by a Poke Ball! "Gotcha! A man was caught!" They'd have to say something like that, right?"

.. why do I feel like I'm an unwilling participant in someone's TMI fetish sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

I just had my rear end beat up down and sideways by a cafe owner to whom battling is a gimmick to sell tea lmfao