Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I know Freepers are delusional by nature, but thinking Massachusetts is a red state is just a whole new level.

Western Mass is heavily rural and republican. The seaboard, where people actually live, more than balances them out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

Western Mass is heavily rural and republican. The seaboard, where people actually live, more than balances them out though.

Western MA is rural but not overly Republican. Worcester suburbs and the North Shore are where the GOP get their votes from. Hell, Western MA features Springfield, Northampton, and Hadley, three of the most liberal places in the state.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I know Freepers are delusional by nature, but thinking Massachusetts is a red state is just a whole new level.

If you're only in the 'burbs, you might see a lot of Trump signs; there's a few near my college that I wish I had the foresight to throw in a large river, for example.

That said, there's also the weird dichotomy that MA votes R locally and D natioanlly; our Rs are still pretty loving liberal, but if you're unversed in MA politics, it can seem like a red state if all you care about is local elections.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Neito posted:

If you're only in the 'burbs, you might see a lot of Trump signs; there's a few near my college that I wish I had the foresight to throw in a large river, for example.

That said, there's also the weird dichotomy that MA votes R locally and D natioanlly; our Rs are still pretty loving liberal, but if you're unversed in MA politics, it can seem like a red state if all you care about is local elections.
The way I've always heard it is that MA is a very Democratic state, but don't think for one minute that translates to it being a very liberal state.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

FMguru posted:

The way I've always heard it is that MA is a very Democratic state, but don't think for one minute that translates to it being a very liberal state.

It's a weird state. We have legal weed, but you can't buy beer at most convenience stores. It's a mish-mash of weird college kids and very, very old thought. I've always thought of it as pretty liberal, but that's compared to New Hampshire (the "gently caress you, taxes" state) and Rhode Island (The "Oh, you mean like Family Guy" state).

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Jagged Jim posted:

Even being ‘not popular’, I still don’t believe it. Most people know the Breshears are corrupted politicians.

5 posted on 11/05/2019 6:50:05 PM PST by TianaHighrider (God bless President Trump)
this guy thinks "bashear" is his ethnic group and not his name.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Neito posted:

It's a weird state. We have legal weed, but you can't buy beer at most convenience stores. It's a mish-mash of weird college kids and very, very old thought. I've always thought of it as pretty liberal, but that's compared to New Hampshire (the "gently caress you, taxes" state) and Rhode Island (The "Oh, you mean like Family Guy" state).

There are some very insanely liberal enclaves, but the old Kennedy-era Democratic sentiment never disappeared. It's why that weedy little ginger poo poo Joe Kennedy is probably gonna beat Markey in the Senate primary :(

Still, the state's plenty liberal on social issues, union-friendly, enjoys a fairly high standard of living, and if you can stand the accents and the Patriots fans, it's a good place to live.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

if you can stand ... the Patriots fans, it's a good place to live.

I live near Foxboro. I stand them in that I don't actively stop them from abusing the roads in my town.

(Still, go Pats)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

InsertPotPun posted:

He's part of a pretty big political KY family.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Neito posted:

Also 2016 is a weird example, because almost all the enthusiasm was on the Trump side even if he had a minority of voters. Yard signs being a metric of enthusiasm, I can see a trucker seeing way more Trump signs than Clinton in a state that breaks heavily for Clinton. I'd be curious to see house vs. apartment/dorm/condo numbers too, because I suspect that people with land to put a sign on are probably closer to 50/50 if not outright tilting Trump.

InsertPotPun posted:

His father was the (popular, Democratic) governor before Bevin.

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 6, 2019

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Freepers are probably pretty stoked to hear that Brevin is still refusing to concede, the election could go to the state legislature and as it's Republican controlled they'd be guaranteed to say Bevin actually won and keep him in office.

Anyway wooo VA got us a Dem controlled state legislature. It'd be nice if they'd do good things like raise the minimum wage to 15, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, I'm pretty sure I already know how Freep is taking it. There'll be a few "Sad that the liberal brainwashing has gotten to Virginia" and "I'm angry kids these days are so stupid as to vote for free stuff." There will be lots of talk about voter fraud due to either "all those illegals" or because of the district redrawings. And I'm sure I'll see a couple of posts about how NoVa is so close to "the swamp" that it's ruining the state. At least one person will probably lament that Virginia "used to be such a nice place." Well, time to dive in.

Let's start with "voter fraud due to district redrawings."

quote:

Well that shows the effects of the gerrymandering in Virginia.

The Republicans got more votes for the house of delegates and state senate, yet the Democrats have a majority of the seats in each house of the legislature now.

One problem I heard, is that the GOP didn’t even have candidates on the ballot in a number of the legislative districts. Well I understand that it would be an uphill battle to win some districts, but if we don’t even have a candidate on the ballot, when they win by default.

52 posted on 11/6/2019, 11:41:42 AM by Dilbert San Diego
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 41 | View Replies]

Ah, right. I forgot there were a few districts that had candidates running unopposed. Most of them were Dem, though there were a few unopposed Republicans as well. Of course, Freep doesn't care about that.

quote:

Obama Federal Judges rewrote all the VA districts recently .

They jerrymandered for the Dems .

That is why this we have this outcome .

Look it up .

16 posted on 11/6/2019, 12:30:56 PM by ncalburt (Gop DC Globalists)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

quote:

The Democrats “won” by getting a Kalifornia Communist “Professor” to gerrymander the maps to benefit the Democrats. Gerrymander is good when it benefits Democrats, it is bad when it benefits Republicans.

Do you see how that works?

This “win” is entirely illegitimate, and nothing that they pass deserves any respect. It’s long past time that the right adopts the #Resist framework.

Two can play that game.

8 posted on 11/6/2019, 10:27:19 AM by TexasGurl24
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Pretty good results. Now let's go for "voter fraud due to illegals."

quote:

My part of Virginia has been murdered - the schools - EMS - by illegals and northerners who come for all the jobs then vote the way that killed their state.

It is a deep, deep tragedy.

13 posted on 11/6/2019, 7:39:41 AM by golux
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

that’s what happens when you import sh!theads, illegals and tons of cheap legal immigrants years after years.

some parts of fairfax feel like middle east.

10 posted on 11/5/2019, 11:47:31 PM by va22030

quote:

The WDC area is a cesspool of illegals, government “workers”, retired government “workers”, often-unAmerican immigrants, LIB lunatics, lawyers, consultants to government, people on welfare, perverts and other assorted jetsom. They have a lot to lose if true MAGA occurs. Many of them should arrested for their various crimes.

22 posted on 11/6/2019, 12:17:05 AM by hal ogen (First Amendment or Reeducation Camp???)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

A direct result of illegal immigration and nothing else.

42 posted on 11/6/2019, 2:12:47 AM by albie

quote:

Court drawn districts and especially in NoVa there are districts with large amounts of illegals and resident aliens. So a handful of Leftist voters can win the district.

56 posted on 11/6/2019, 6:53:48 AM by C19fan
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 49 | View Replies]

quote:

Northern Virginia is a cancer that should be sliced off from the rest of the state. Too bad the disease has killed the state. Now stand by for full on boot on the neck oppression. NVA is full of the scum of the earth and illegals and Muslims are everywhere. Catastrophic change is already happening and the change is accelerating.

57 posted on 11/6/2019, 6:54:37 AM by Truth29

quote:

VA is lost - uncontrolled immigration, third-world parasites, illegals and NE liberals dominate.

11 posted on 11/5/2019, 11:06:47 PM by sheehan (DEPORT ALL ILLEGALS.)

And just a general "voter fraud" comment.

quote:

Headline should have read:

Dems perfect voter fraud techniques in advance of this upcoming Presidential Election.

45 posted on 11/6/2019, 3:29:01 AM by bayliving

Now the "Virginia used to be such a nice place" comments.

quote:

And Virginia USED to have such nice places to visit.

Oh well

9 posted on 11/5/2019, 11:06:27 PM by Oscar in Batangas (January 20, 2017, High Noon. The end of an error.)

quote:

This is one of several reasons I moved from Virginia almost a year ago. Don’t miss it at all.

19 posted on 11/6/2019, 8:20:13 AM by Army ret QM

quote:

I saw the writing on the wall and left last year. Have not missed it and I am now in NC in a neighborhood where everyone shoots off their back porch.

24 posted on 11/6/2019, 12:24:21 AM by Salvavida
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

Now VA will be an official MS-13 sanctuary instead of the usual wink-and-nod routine.

My wife and I are here in VA for our granddaughters, but when they hit their teens in a few years, we’re out of here.

53 posted on 11/6/2019, 6:07:40 AM by ScottinVA (Every liberal should be red-flagged.)

quote:

Virginfornia is for Leeches.

I thought I finally escaped corrupt Democratic run states. I was born and raised in NY, went to school in MA and NJ, and lived out in CA. I thought I finally hit a great place to live with decent and efficient government but alas that is now over. Next move is down I-95 to FL or Hilton Head SC.

Virginia is going to experience what HL Mencken said about democracy: “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

55 posted on 11/6/2019, 6:51:44 AM by C19fan

quote:

Virginia was one of the most fiscally responsible states in the USA.

58 posted on 11/6/2019, 7:02:16 AM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat.)

And finally the "Northern Virginia is too close to the swamp" comments.

quote:

I was mentioning to my wife this morning that Virginia is the “rich guy extension” of DC. I was not surprised by the results.

5 posted on 11/6/2019, 10:25:03 AM by cuban leaf (The political war playing out in every country now: Globalists vs Nationalists)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

One can only hope that this statement is true.

quote:

Maryland and Virginia are connected to the DC Swamp. Both are blue. Just like Maryland, Virginia will never be red again.

15 posted on 11/6/2019, 10:32:52 AM by Starboard

quote:

+10! NOVA is also bloated with foreigners too who vote Rat. It is a disgusting mess and it’s time to leave.

17 posted on 11/6/2019, 12:40:16 PM by DarthVader (Not by speeches & majority decisions will the great issues of the day be decided but by Blood & Iron)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

Northern Virginia is a cancer which has killed the state. You could smell defeat even at my local polling place. The Dems had a tented table with many workers passing out literature and intercepting all who approached the polling doors before they went in. The Republicans had two people, one who was the wife of the Republican candidate, and both of them were just standing on the sidewalk.

5 posted on 11/6/2019, 6:36:01 AM by Truth29

It's cute when Freepers pretend to care about the oppressed.

quote:

NoVa did well because they couldn’t control the rest of the state. That is over now. The Dems control everything. So if NoVa wants to siphon money from the rest of the state, they can do that now. If they want to pass state-wide emissions standards, they can do that. More “sin” taxes. More gun control.

All of this translates to harm to the poor and minorities.

34 posted on 11/6/2019, 9:45:24 AM by AppyPappy (How many fingers am I holding up, Winston?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

The Swamp works in DC but the bastards live in Northern VA. They're destroying the state.

40 posted on 11/6/2019, 10:52:01 AM by pgkdan (The Silent Majority STILL Stands With TRUMP! WWG1WGA)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Okay, so there's a whole other thread with like five pages but I've posted way too many freep comments already. You get the idea. I think I had a pretty good feel for how Freep would respond. But I will share a last couple of comments. First, one guy who just decided to combine everything I predicted into one single post.

quote:

Gerrymandering, Soros money, illegal immigration, legal immigration, Northeasters moving into northern Virginia, government workers, expansion of government (overflowing of DC and Maryland into the Old Dominion), etc.

In spite of the media BS and lies, it was NOT a rebuke of President Trump.

17 posted on 11/6/2019, 12:05:22 AM by july4thfreedomfoundation (I'm triggered by liberals and other assorted moonbats.)

:yeshaha:

quote:

RE: It is more than what is discussed in this article IMO. The GOP didn’t try very hard. There was no fire in the belly and the Democrats way out hustled and out spent the GOP.

One more lethargic “no fire in the belly” elections and we’ll get Medicare For All.

38 posted on 11/6/2019, 12:08:52 PM by SeekAndFind (look at Michigan, it will)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

And a palate cleanser, a thread where I don't know what the hell they're talking about but I'm 100% sure it's not what the thread title says.

Delta Air Lines will now show unedited gay sex scenes in movies on its flights

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

FReep posted:

This “win” is entirely illegitimate, and nothing that they pass deserves any respect. It’s long past time that the right adopts the #Resist framework.

Two can play that game.

Wait, they haven't used the #resist playbook? What the gently caress was 2009-2017 and how does it differ from the GOP refusing to do anything?

FReeper centralva posted:

Virginia was one of the most fiscally responsible states in the USA.

Yes, shortly after Warner was elected and fixed the giant hole in the budget created by Gilmore's "No Car Tax". And he somehow found more money for roads and schools, too.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Anyway wooo VA got us a Dem controlled state legislature. It'd be nice if they'd do good things like raise the minimum wage to 15, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think they'll raise the minimum wage, but I expect a 'compromise' like $10 or $11.50 phased in over a few years. REALLY curious to see what they do (if anything) on guns and Rx prices.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Freep gently caress posted:

The Republicans got more votes for the house of delegates and state senate, yet the Democrats have a majority of the seats in each house of the legislature now.

Now do Wisconsin, where Walker lost the gubernatorial race yet the R's have a 63-36 advantage in the state house and proceeded to gut the incoming governor's powers during their lame duck period.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Also 2016 is a weird example, because almost all the enthusiasm was on the Trump side even if he had a minority of voters. Yard signs being a metric of enthusiasm, I can see a trucker seeing way more Trump signs than Clinton in a state that breaks heavily for Clinton. I'd be curious to see house vs. apartment/dorm/condo numbers too, because I suspect that people with land to put a sign on are probably closer to 50/50 if not outright tilting Trump.

His father was the (popular, Democratic) governor before Bevin.

Visiting my mom in west Texas I saw more Beto than Cruz signs last fall. As in 0 Cruz signs and Beto all over. The town broke for Cruz hard. Signs mean jack and poo poo. And I definitely think being an opposition that feels they're finally "competitive" encourages gestures like that.

Gonna say anecdotally I prolly saw more Trump and Bernie in NY in 2016 than Hillary.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 6, 2019

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Twelve by Pies posted:

And a palate cleanser, a thread where I don't know what the hell they're talking about but I'm 100% sure it's not what the thread title says.

Delta Air Lines will now show unedited gay sex scenes in movies on its flights

brief research I did basically says Delta used to edit out any gay sex from the movies they showed online, but wouldn't for similar heterosexual sex scenes. Now they stopped doing it. I guess Olivia Wilde complained a lot when they took the knife to booksmart, which is at least the example the article I read gave.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Yes, shortly after Warner was elected and fixed the giant hole in the budget created by Gilmore's "No Car Tax". And he somehow found more money for roads and schools, too.

Because I’ll take any excuse to watch this again: https://youtu.be/EKWx1KRi-xQ

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Pontius Pilate posted:

That’s amazing
Now I want my name to be the Gil Mormon. Mods tia

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ambitious Spider posted:

brief research I did basically says Delta used to edit out any gay sex from the movies they showed online, but wouldn't for similar heterosexual sex scenes. Now they stopped doing it. I guess Olivia Wilde complained a lot when they took the knife to booksmart, which is at least the example the article I read gave.

It’s more like all airlines blindly buy “the airline edit” from a random vendor and throw it on the hard drives. Now have to actually look at what they’re doing.

Eventually one guy says that nothing more than PG should be on the plane anyway because in coach you can’t help but see a couple dozen screens making the content warnings meaningless. I must admit I’ve felt kinda weird when watching HBO shows that randomly have nudity in the middle of them for no reason on a plane.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 7, 2019

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Pontius Pilate posted:

I'd totally forgotten about that, thank you.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I think they'll raise the minimum wage, but I expect a 'compromise' like $10 or $11.50 phased in over a few years. REALLY curious to see what they do (if anything) on guns and Rx prices.

Rumor I've heard is they plan to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tony Phillips posted:

quote:

Now do Wisconsin, where Walker lost the gubernatorial race yet the R's have a 63-36 advantage in the state house and proceeded to gut the incoming governor's powers during their lame duck period.

It's a lie.

Virginia Senate election of 2019
D 54.8% R 39.4%
2019 Virginia House of Delegates election
D 52.69% R 43.34%

The current map is still gerrymandered to favor Republicans, it just isn't as bad as before where it was almost impossible to win. The Democrats will now redraw them.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Ague Proof posted:

quote:

It's a lie.

Virginia Senate election of 2019
D 54.8% R 39.4%
2019 Virginia House of Delegates election
D 52.69% R 43.34%

The current map is still gerrymandered to favor Republicans, it just isn't as bad as before where it was almost impossible to win. The Democrats will now redraw them.

LOL. I can't believe I took a freep post at face value. I mean, it was stupid and hypocritical if it was true, but come the gently caress on.

I feel like I should just get Logan's Run'd for this.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ok, I found a real reason to be mad at Delta: they put the X-files on planes but only Dogget/Reyes episodes.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

Ok, I found a real reason to be mad at Delta: they put the X-files on planes but only Dogget/Reyes episodes.

monsters

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

hobbesmaster posted:

Delta's cancelled.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Tony Phillips posted:

LOL. I can't believe I took a freep post at face value. I mean, it was stupid and hypocritical if it was true, but come the gently caress on.

I feel like I should just get Logan's Run'd for this.

Don't feel bad, a tweet from a Serious Political Person (I don't remember who) got me for a minute too, it's definitely a 'fact' circulating out there. It's nonsense of course, to get a majority of HoR seats last year the Dems had to win the state by upwards of 8 or 9 points.

They got the number by ignoring all the districts without candidates from both parties. While there are some districts in the south and west of the state with Republicans running unopposed, there were many many more in the DC suburbs that only had a Dem, or a Dem and a Libertarian, or whatever. When you add all the votes it went something like 1.2m D to 0.98m R. Which, I'm sure FReep will tell you is just because of illegals and the Libertarians stealing votes.

Corsair Pool Boy fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 8, 2019

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Which, I'm sure FReep will tell you is just because of illegals and the Libertarians stealing votes.

Yeah, if they don't win it's not ever their fault for being terrible people with terrible ideas, it's a scam against their party and them personally.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
My favorite was the 2016 North Carolina Governor's race had Freep claiming Cooper only won through voter fraud which led to some confused Freepers asking why Hillary didn't win NC if the Democrats were doing voter fraud and the response was that if Hillary had won the voter fraud would be discovered easily so they just did voter fraud for Cooper and not Hillary.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jagged Jim posted:

My favorite was the 2016 North Carolina Governor's race had Freep claiming Cooper only won through voter fraud which led to some confused Freepers asking why Hillary didn't win NC if the Democrats were doing voter fraud and the response was that if Hillary had won the voter fraud would be discovered easily so they just did voter fraud for Cooper and not Hillary.

This reminds me of that one South American politician who freaked out because his side committed such widespread voter fraud that they created an utterly implausible landslide, making it obvious that it was a sham.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Xiahou Dun posted:

I just lost it at the one idiot who got Roy and Roger Moore confused.

They're probably just dumb and said the wrong name, but I like to believe they actually thought a former James Bond actor is a sexual-predator judge riding around on a loving horse.

Well, James Bond is also a rapist.

Lord Hydronium posted:

If you drive a long-haul truck, you'll mostly be driving in rural areas. Of course you're going to see more Republican than Democratic supporters.

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

There are some very insanely liberal enclaves, but the old Kennedy-era Democratic sentiment never disappeared. It's why that weedy little ginger poo poo Joe Kennedy is probably gonna beat Markey in the Senate primary :(

Is that the anti-vaxxer?

Also, general response to the "voter fraud" posts:

Jurgan fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 10, 2019

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
No, that's Robert Kennedy Jr., thankfully.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I was hoping for a giant trove of impeachment-related gnashing of teeth as each new bit of testimony comes out...

but then I remembered that no one at Freep will actually watch the hearings.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

predicto posted:

I was hoping for a giant trove of impeachment-related gnashing of teeth as each new bit of testimony comes out...

but then I remembered that no one at Freep will actually watch the hearings.

Oh, they'll watch it. They just firmly believe that every single witness called is either lying or mistaken. Any actual evidence will fly in one ear and out the other.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

chitoryu12 posted:

Oh, they'll watch it. They just firmly believe that every single witness called is either lying or mistaken. Any actual evidence will fly in one ear and out the other.

"That jim jordan makes a lot of good points they can't answer! Checkmate libs!"

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

chitoryu12 posted:

Really, they won't. They will watch Hannity and Dobbs's spin about it. They will read fwd:fwd:fwd Facebook posts about it. But they won't actually watch it.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Are they just...not caring anymore? Nothing there so far about the LA gov race tipping to Bel Edwards (D)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Icon Of Sin posted:

Are they just...not caring anymore? Nothing there so far about the LA gov race tipping to Bel Edwards (D)

You need to find the 'live' threads that are started hours before results start to come in, dupes get deleted pretty quickly now. I think they have more mods or something because the overall base is becoming more unhinged.

quote:

WTH is WRONG with Louisiana?!
Unless there was cheating-entirely possible.

quote:

To: Pajamajan
WTH is WRONG with Louisiana?!
Exactly what I was just going to post. WTF?!

Can any FReepers from Louisiana explain what happened?? Voter fraud? Demographics?

233 posted on 11/16/2019, 11:13:09 PM by nutmeg

voter fraud, voter fraud, gunna get me some of that voter fraud.

quote:

To: daler
The only plausible explanation is voter fraud or a remarkably stupid electorate. Or both.
I'd say 80% fraud, 20% stupid electors.

The rats flat got this fraud thing figured out to a very fine degree. I see all sorts of parallels between KY and LA.

The GOP needs to get off their rear end and fix this.

243 posted on 11/16/2019, 11:23:24 PM by upchuck (Epstein didn't kill himself. Criminals love gun control. It gives them a safe work environment.)

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3794373/posts?q=1&;page=1#1

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

quote:

To: JayGalt

You know the old saying...you get what you vote for. Our country is in crisis and voters across the country do not have a clue. I am over the hill and and probably will not be here when this great country changes for the worse...turning into an Orwellian monster, with Big Brother calling every shot!!!

But...I am sad and crying inside...seeing what is coming for our families, friends and loved ones. I have traveled all over God’s world and I know the terror and turmoil that is out there!!! The question will be asked by many in this great country...How could we let this happen? Well...you now know the answer!!!

222 posted on 11/16/2019 8:05:50 PM PST by JLAGRAYFOX (Defeat both the Republican (e) & Democrat (e) political parties....Forever!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 208 | View Replies]

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Plinkey posted:

You need to find the 'live' threads that are started hours before results start to come in, dupes get deleted pretty quickly now. I think they have more mods or something because the overall base is becoming more unhinged.

voter fraud, voter fraud, gunna get me some of that voter fraud.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3794373/posts?q=1&;page=1#1

Cool, thank you! Found this one in another thread, and it made me smile :)

quote:

To: Berlin_Freeper
WTF HELL!!!! Maybe people don’t really care and the GOP is absolutely f-ing worthless!!!! These are looked at as small losses by us and great victories by them. We do not understand political war and how the left is killing us. I would simply say demographics again is key to the shrinking USA.

12 posted on 11/16/2019, 11:25:29 PM by shanover (...To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.-S.Adams)

e: :swoon:

quote:

To: nutmeg; All
Let’s not kid ourselves, it’s not just Louisiana. We were asking the same thing about Alabama, Kentucky, Virgina. Bottom line is GOP sucks and can’t pull a candidate over the finish line.

Either we replace Ronna, get Reince back or I’m very nervous about 2020. Even President Trump can’t do it alone.

237 posted on 11/16/2019, 11:17:31 PM by Kenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 233 | View Replies]

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Even President Trump!