Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Caught my S.O. [30m] of 4 years secretly sending himself pictures from my [26f] phone[new]

TL;DR: He went on my phone when I was sleeping, sent himself 1) a picture of my friend's butt that she sent to me several years ago and 2) several pictures of my very pretty mother from when she was around my age, and then deleted the messages from my phone hoping I wouldn't see.

We've been dating and living together for several years. Our sex life is good, and we generally have healthy communication. We're kind to one another.

When we first started dating, I had issues with trust and insecurity -- my previous partner was emotionally abusive and cheated on me. Lots of gaslighting. The partner before him also lied to me a lot, he flirted with other women in person and online behind my back. I've slowly learned to trust my current S.O., and I feel like I'm in a good place. We have open phone/computers, and I don't go digging through his stuff because I just don't feel the urge.

My mother is very pretty, and I have some pictures of her on my phone from when she was around my age. Her and I look similar. It's kind of an inside joke that my S.O. thinks my mom is attractive -- lots of people think she is, but I tease him about it because she's my mom. It makes sense to me because, you know, he thinks I'm hot, and I'm her kid.

Last night we were hanging out with friends, and I was scrolling through my phone to find something to show everyone. I passed a picture of my mother and showed them because it was a cool picture. My boyfriend had a few beers, and he rarely drinks.

This morning I noticed that pictures had been sent at 2:06 am from my phone to my boyfriend's phone, but the messages had been deleted. Several pictures were of my mother in her 20s, and one picture was of my friend. Like two years ago, my friend sent me a mirror pic of her butt, clothed in a thong and a tank top. She worked out a lot, and she was showing her glute gains.

I told him I saw that he sent himself the pictures, and I asked him to explain. He said he didn't jerk off to them because he felt really bad and weird about it. He kept apologizing, and he said he already deleted them from his phone before I found out. I decided to dive into his internet history, and I saw that at 2:30 am he googled 'how to permanently delete messages'. He said that between 2:06 am and 2:30 am he wasn't jerking off to the pictures, he was just scrolling through more pictures on my phone.

Obviously I'm upset. A small part of that is jealousy...but a much larger part is the violation of trust. I trusted him to not do something like that, and he did it behind my back, and he tried to hide the evidence. My friend sent me that picture privately, not for my boyfriend to go and use it for jerk-off material. Also...it's my mom.

My trust in him is shaken (I changed my phone and computer password, and I told him that I did). I don't know if I believe that he didn't jerk off to them, I don't know if I believe that he deleted the pictures before I found out. I want to believe him, but I just don't know. He seems very contrite. He's sent himself pictures of me from my phone, and I've told him I don't mind him doing that at all. I don't think he's done this before with other people's pictures.

I don't think this is break-up worthy. I feel confused and lost, this came as a shock. I guess I'm looking for some perspective, how much of a red flag this is, how I (we) move forward from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I [32M] asked my girlfriend [33F] of 12 years to marry me, and she said no, now she is being extremely distant and i am really confused

I have never ever wanted a follow up to a post as much as I want one to this. So many questions and you just feel so bad for the dude.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I [32M] asked my girlfriend [33F] of 12 years to marry me, and she said no, now she is being extremely distant and i am really confused

God drat.

How is it easier for this lady to commit to a mortgage with someone than a marriage?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for killing my friends bug and refusing to pay her back?

quote:

My(19M) friend (21F) has these exotic bugs that she keeps in these containers, she is infatuated with them and looks at them like they are cute critters, while I look at them as disgusting little monsters (not trying to offend bug lovers, just a personal opinion)

Today she for some reason decided she would randomly start putting the bugs on me for a joke. The first time she did it I got startled, but then chuckled and said "please dont do that"

later on, she put some sort of millepede on my neck and I slapped it and squeezed it in my hand out of shock. She screamed and I threw it on the ground. I did feel really bad at first, but then I got really angry and blamed it on her for putting it on me in the first place. I cleaned myself up all the while arguing with her, I asked her why she would even do that in the first place, and her point was because I laughed the first time.

She is telling me I have to pay her back for the millepede. It's not even expensive at all, actually just a couple of bucks but what did she expect? AITA? To be fair to her, I could have just told her to stop immediately because it wasn't funny, but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

edit- she texted me asking me to pay for shipping too, which is now more than I am actually willing to pay for a bug.

From the title hell yes. From the body of the text, nope, not at all!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

/r/relationships: that is more than I am actually willing to pay for a bug

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Do not put creatures, insect or otherwise, on other people's necks without warning. This should not need to be specified

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Yeah if you put a bug on someone without permission and they squash it that is completely on you.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Next weekend when I have custody of my idiot straight 28 year old son who I hate, I'm going to take him to my local dive bar and tell him the biggest, meanest looking motherfucker wants to give him a piggy back ride.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cumshitter posted:

Next weekend when I have custody of my idiot straight 28 year old son who I hate, I'm going to take him to my local dive bar and tell him the biggest, meanest looking motherfucker wants to give him a piggy back ride.

What if he really does though

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What if he really does though

Then the healing can begin.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't want to hurt my son if I don't have to. I just want my spiteful ex-wife to stop forcing these custody weekends on me. She's like, really angry at me because our sexless sham marriage consumed the best days of her life. As if our marriage to didn't ruin my life, too. She's just so selfish.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

So did you get spermjacked, cumshitter?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

So did you get spermjacked, cumshitter?

It was my 5 year anniversary gift to her. I figured that ok maybe she was really in it for the long haul. She had this weird obsession with consummating our marriage that I'll just never understand. I think it's fair to call it a fetish. She had a real fetish of having sex on our wedding night.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i only ever fall in love with gay men and dead men

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
it's a curse

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Beachcomber posted:

He also does warhams so who can say?

This explains everything, tbh

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Pick posted:

Maybe your parents did. My parents know that if your kid is afraid of the water, the only thing to do is throw them in.

Coming in from page 3629 to say:

“If he swims; good. If he drowns; good. Either way strong; strong unsullied.”

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
You know, they call the five year anniversary the pewter anniversary for a reason. I just feel like me and my wife may have gotten more out of it we waited for 10 years, our silver anniversary, instead of the 5. But she just wouldn't shut up about her incessant need to have a sexual component to our marriage.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for mentioning my sister's miscarriage during a fight?

I know the title sounds horrible, but hear me out.

My (31F) sister (26) had a miscarriage this summer. It was her first pregnancy. It was a blighted ovum miscarriage; a very early miscarriage where an egg never grows into an embryo. She called me in a panic when she first suspected it was happening. I dropped everything I was doing and drove over to her house in the next city over. I was ready to take her wherever she wanted - whatever she needed/wanted to do, I was ready to do it. She made an appointment with her doctor for the next day, and I stayed with her until her husband came home. Over the following weeks, I was there whenever she didn't want to be along. I gave her as much support and guidance as I could - as I have my entire adult life. We are/were very close, and I was generally happy to play the role of supportive big sister.

Meanwhile, I've had my own health problems. In the past year, I've been diagnosed with uterine fibroids, depression, and (finally) fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is no fun, and often takes a long time to get diagnosed. I was always exhausted, my muscles all over my body were constantly achy, and on bad days I would have muscle spasms that would lock up my neck, and leave other areas of my body feeling deeply bruised. Physical activity would leave my limbs feeling very heavy, and unnaturally sore for days. I fell into depression. I finally received a diagnosis in September, and was given a prescription (the only prescription that I am on). I felt so much relief that I found a doctor who listened to me.

I texted my mom and sister the good news via group text. Mom was happy for me. Sister, on the other had, went off the deep end. Here is a direct quote:

"Getting into a regular workout routine would show you that you don't have fibromyalgia. You absolutely won't hear that exercise would make you better, because HA, that's too simple! Have fun being yet another American who is doped up on a million medications for the rest of your life. Congratulations, you just became one of them. It's just the beginning. Have fun."

I was blindsided, and I said that I was completely supportive of he when she had her miscarriage, and asked why she was being so hateful. She lost it, saying that I was being spiteful and how dare I use her miscarriage against her. Which of course, I wasn't doing, that would be a horrendous thing to do - I was pointing out the disparity between how I cared for her during her health problems and how she was making GBS threads all over me about mine. She has since cut all contact with me, and then our mom when she took my side. It has been 2 months, and we're as good as dead to her. We found out this week that she's pregnant again, and when I reached out and said I was happy for her, she was FURIOUS that I knew and told me never to contact her again.

I don't think I was an rear end in a top hat, neither does my mom. My boyfriend kind of thinks I was. Should I have never brought up the miscarriage in any context? AITA?

ETA: we both stopped talking after the fight, but she didn’t tell me not to contact her until I reached out to congratulate her on the pregnancy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

NTA. Sister shouldn't have started poo poo if she couldn't take it being dished back out.

E: it wasn't even throwing it back at her, it was "I supported you though your horrible thing, why are you being a dick"
"HOW loving DARE YOU"

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 17, 2019

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Me [22 F] with my boyfriend [24 M] of 3 years, he found out that his ex is engaged and literally won't stop crying

quote:

I (22F) met my boyfriend (24M) 3 years ago, through some mutual friends. He was pretty guarded, and I was the one that pursued him. We were long distance (I was living in Oregon, he was living in Washington) until I moved in with him last year.

My boyfriend has only had one other relationship and a hookup before me. He stopped talking to the hookup a long time ago because she was crazy, but he kept in touch with his ex until she cut contact with him around 2 years ago. They dated when he was 15 and it lasted for around 2 years, and then she dumped him because "he had no self-respect." Apparently she's the reason why my boyfriend is so guarded now. I'll admit that I was really jealous of her and was glad when she cut contact with him, because she's beautiful and my boyfriend talked about her as if she had all of life's answers.

This past January I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard my boyfriend crying quietly. I could tell that he was looking at his phone, and I wasn't sure whether or not to say anything since I wasn't sure if he just wanted a private moment or not. After a while he got up to go to the bathroom, so I took a peek at his phone. He was on Facebook, looking at his ex's profile. She had gotten engaged and there were pictures of the ring and everything.

It's been 2 months now, and my boyfriend has been breaking down out of nowhere. I keep asking him to talk to me about it, but he won't. I told him to talk to a therapist, and he got really insulted and said that he doesn't believe in therapy. I'm unsure of what to do, since this happens at least twice a week. I love him, but he's always seemed a bit distant to me and obviously this woman is the reason why. Should I contact her and ask her if she has any insight? I'm starting to think that she must have said something to upset him like this, because he didn't seem that bothered when his ex was dating other people.

tl;dr: Boyfriend of 3 years has been crying about twice a week since he found out that his ex-girlfriend got engaged, and won't talk to me or a therapist. I'm wondering if his ex said something specifically to set him off and thinking that I should contact her

What could it mean?

update posted:

These last two days have been really emotional. My boyfriend was gone ALL DAY yesterday- he was gone when I woke up (that's fine, I assumed he went to work early) but he still wasn't home when I went to bed. I texted him once when I woke up to say good morning, and twice at night- one asking if he was coming home for dinner, and another asking if he was alright. I also tried calling his cell, but he didn't pick up.

I thought that I deserved some answers, so I decided to snoop- something that I've done once before, when I was feeling insecure about his relationship with his ex. Well, on his laptop hidden in a bunch of sub-folders was an MS document with his ex's name. I read it, and I'm assuming that he just saved the last conversation that he had with her, right before she cut contact with him. It started out normally, but then he asked how her relationship with her (now fiance) boyfriend was going. She said that it was good, and that she was happy. And then it got weird, because he said something like "really? Are you sure?" She said yes and said that was a weird question, and he said "I don't know, I don't believe that you're that happy." I don't remember everything exactly because my head was spinning, but he basically told her that her fiance (then boyfriend) will never treat her as well as he did, and that they've known each other X number of years and managed to stay friends after their breakup, that they've helped each other grow as people and that she should really give him another chance. He said that he's waited for her all these years and that he loves her and always believed they'd wind up together. This was all while he was with me!

She called him an rear end in a top hat and told him that he had a lot of balls to say all that to her when she told him a long time ago that they're only ever going to be friends, and that he's an even bigger rear end in a top hat for doing this while they were both in relationships. She told him to go to hell and to break up with me for my sake, because I deserve better.

That's not even the worst part.

My boyfriend woke me up this morning by calling my cell, and telling me to come to the kitchen. He said that he made breakfast. So I go to the kitchen getting ready for a fight (he and I NEVER fight, but I am so goddamned hurt) and he made what honestly looked like an amazing breakfast...with a ring box in the middle of the table. He told me to open it. I did. He said something like these last 3 years with me has been an adventure and he hopes to keep making new adventures with me. I guess around this time I snap out of whatever haze I've been in and I exploded. I demanded to know where he was all day yesterday, why he wouldn't contact me, why he's been crying over his ex for the last 3 months, everything. He got mad at me for being mad! He told me that I should be happy because he was proposing, and wasn't that what I wanted? I asked him why, when it's so obvious that he'd rather be with his ex. He told me that she's obviously moved on so it's time for him to move on too.

I've never been so angry in my life. I've been so incredibly patient with this man and done my best to be understanding of his situation. I've literally given him all that I had, but I'm not going to get married to him just to be his consolation prize. It's so ironic because had he proposed 4+ months earlier, I would have been ecstatic. Now it just broke our relationship. So yeah...I called my dad (crying) and he's on his way to help me move back in with him and my mom. That's it. I'm a wreck, but I think it's just because everything wrong and twisted in this relationship is hitting me and it took so long for me to understand. And my ex is just sitting on the couch with his laptop.

Thank you guys so much for helping me see how unfair this whole relationship was. I read every one of your comments, even if I didn't get a chance to respond to them all.

tl;dr: He proposed because his ex moved on, so he wanted to move on too. I'm moving back home with my parents because whenever I get married, I want to be that man's first choice.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Eh, that's not so crazy. I have an uncle who never got over his high school crush dumping him. He called me up once because he wanted to ask his optometrist out because "she made a lot of eye contact."

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My boyfriend (M16) and I (F15) have been making out quite a lot and I’ve noticed him cover his crotch area after some makeout sessions. How do I tell if he has a boner?

Me (F15) and my current boyfriend (M16) have made out quite a lot in our currently 2 month long relationship, but never gone past that. Not too long ago, I was making out on his bed with him and noticed how afterwards he put his hoodie on his lap for a bit, before putting it on and making sure it was pulled down. I shrugged it off but it happened again recently. We were making out at his place and he made sure his hoodie was pulled down afterwards. I don’t know if erections are obvious or not so I need help/advice with obvious signs? My last boyfriend and I never even kissed due to him not having the courage to do so, so I have no idea what an erection looks like in person, and what some of the signs are.

TL;DR! I need to know how to tell whether my boyfriend is getting erections after our make out sessions, and how obvious erections are.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont think you need to go to the observatory for more clues, youve got all the evidence you need

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
The next step in your relationship is shouting "SHOW ME YOUR loving DICK" and threatening to punch him.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boyfriend (M16) and I (F15) have been making out quite a lot and I’ve noticed him cover his crotch area after some makeout sessions. How do I tell if he has a boner?
women just want one thing smdh

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

women just want one thing smdh

Just another reason why being straight is inferior to being gay. Gay men all want to get married, hence all the protests and stuff.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Never ask a man if he's hard. Tell him he's hard. Take charge, girl.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I know it's five pages back but he's absolute trash and he lets you know up-front:

tsc posted:

Wife (34F) is crazy about a roach problem. Am I (39M) too laid back? Does she need help?
My wife's... never been diagnosed with OCD but I think she has it. She is always telling me to wash my hands and nags me a lot about housework. But she seems to like doing most of it because whenever I do it I never do it "right" enough for her.
:20bux: this douchebag has figured out that if he lets pots "soak" in the sink his wife will get sick of it after day three and just wash them. Same about wiping the rim of the toilet with TP once a week, waiting until kitchen trash is "really full" to take it out, etc. Real OCD stuff, you know, just like this arcane practice involving hands, soap, and water

quote:

Does she need professional help?
Yes, a divorce lawyer

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Me [22 F] with my boyfriend [24 M] of 3 years, he found out that his ex is engaged and literally won't stop crying

What could it mean?
Run far and run fast, lady. I know what it's like to suddenly realize you were the backup plan all along; it sucks. A lot.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Just going to come back to this one:
AITA for evicting my son for moving in his girlfriend?

Reddit never ceases to amaze, and has vote "Not the rear end in a top hat". I'm not sure people understand the point of their own sub

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

OctaMurk posted:

The guy's some kind of psychopath tbh. But I don't have sympathy for the woman either--she continued to cheat for a year after the boyfriend found out, and nothing in her post suggests that she understands how her cheating really must have hurt him.

It doesn't really make sense to read it that way to me. I think there are just 2 sentences one after the other that are happening contemporaneously.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

What could it mean?

Well, that could have gone alot worse.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My (F28) strict Indian parents are have threatened to disown me if I don't break up with my Christian white boyfriend (M32) and abort our child.
I (F28) belong to a traditional Hindu Indian family and have been living in the US for 3 years now. I first met my boyfriend (M32) when he came to Goa, India on a backpacking trip. We connected instantly and became good friends. 3 years ago, I moved to US for my job and reconnected with him. We have been together ever since.

Now the initial plan was to finish my project in the US, come back to India and get married to a guy chosen by my family.

But now I've fallen for my boyfriend. I love him and he loves me. I've met his family and they are wonderful. They have also been incredibly accepting of me, inspite of my cultural background. They are devout Christians, and while they would like me to convert to Christianity, they have never told me so.

I lost my virginity to my boyfriend and we soon started living together. My parents back home had no idea. I thought I would first introduce my boyfriend to my parents as a friend and make them like him as a person. I didn't want to shock them with the information that I was dating, let alone that I was dating, having sex, and living with a white guy.

My boyfriend had been extremely patient and understanding about my personal situation. He wanted to marry me and start a family. He wanted to do things right.

Unfortunately, things didn't go according to plan. I recently found out that I was pregnant. When I found out, I felt very happy. I told my boyfriend and he was ecstatic. He has always wanted to become a father and the news of my pregnancy made him very happy.

His family is very excited about the first grandchild. However, when I told my family about it, they lost their poo poo, as expected. They have refused to meet my boyfriend or his family. They have told me that I have ruined their name and reputation. They told me that I was a disgrace. They told me that the only way they would forgive me is if I abort my child, break up with my boyfriend and come back to India. If I fail to do that, they have threatened to disown me.

Ever since I was met with that reaction, I have lost my sleep. I can't eat, I can't function. I have been crying for days. My boyfriend is heartbroken. I don't want to abort our child. We have already named him. But at the same time I cannot bear the thought of losing my family.

I really need some perspective. I can't live this way. How do I convince them?

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

What could it mean?

I love a happy ending :allears:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hi from 30 pages back, I hope this hasn't been posted yet.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Also from 30 pages back

Patrick Spens posted:

What? This is Bullshit! Free Pick!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

This story is just plain crazy. She was okay with being with him for 12 whole years, including owning a house together. They were virtually married except in name... but she couldn't actually marry him for some reason?!! What happened?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This story is just plain crazy. She was okay with being with him for 12 whole years, including owning a house together. They were virtually married except in name... but she couldn't actually marry him for some reason?!! What happened?

I have heard of couples who are together for 10+ years who get married and divorce after like three months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
The most upsetting thing is he never updated.

He went dark for a bit, then came back after a long while to posting on Reddit about his table top games and stuff.

I WANT TO KNOW

At least in the comments, it seems like weekend they discussed marriage before, the goal posts were always moving. Like she's agree they should get married "when we settle down" "when I complete residency" "when we have retirement saved to a certain point". When all the things were accomplished, he finally asked, and I don't think she actually realized they completed all their goals.

Just from that, it's difficult to tell if she just is one of those people that hates the concept of marriage in general and couldn't tell OP, or had a secret shame that she confronted when he asked, or past trauma, or what