Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I thought that was the main quest. Oh well. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

eric ciaramella posted:

Where do I find the bullet traces at the boardwalk? I've been up and down and can't find anything to interact with.
It's part of the main quest but I managed to completely miss it the first time I had the chance to find it and got hopelessly stuck since "boardwalk" doesn't really describe it at all. If you haven't been inside the FELD building then don't read any further.

Once you get into the FELD building: there's a hidden room that you can shine the flashlight into and reveal that has a poster on the wall. Inspecting the window completes the quest step in question. I inspected that whole room the first time and for some reason either wasn't able to or just completely missed inspecting the window, so I didn't bother revisiting it later when I was trying to figure out that quest step, since the description is a bit misleading.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

eric ciaramella posted:

I thought that was the main quest. Oh well. Thank you.

You are looking for someone on the coast, that's the main quest and has a well-signposted point of no return.

If you are having trouble with the Shivers check on the coast, do more quests there. They all give a bonus to it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Getting a soft-loss on day 2 for failing to collect 20 real is pretty lovely, and I actually liked my character so it's strange to restart but I guess I'll give the game another roll.

People on steam say it's easy to collect enough money but I've been bottle collecting since day one, I just failed the checks to get into the harbor AND to get money from the rich boat lady.

Feels a little bit like a flashback do 90s quest, "Hell" particularly comes to mind where you could fail the game and continue playing for days without ever figuring it out unless you find a walkthrough, I guess that's some of the intended effect.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Its Coke posted:

instead of this, I recommend just using the console to give the Nameless One 18 in every stat and increasing the party limit so you can have everyone with you at once. I was able to beat the game like this no problem
I mean, the party limit is 6, and there's a total of 7 NPCs.

Did you actually manage to increase the party limit though, or is that just a general idea you don't know is feasible? I'm always in favor of removing party size limits on general principle, even if I'm fine with the combat.

I'm reasonably sure the container check was outright labelled as impossible, even with 9 Rhetoric. But then again, there might be modifiers you can access on day 1.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Getting a soft-loss on day 2 for failing to collect 20 real is pretty lovely, and I actually liked my character so it's strange to restart but I guess I'll give the game another roll.

People on steam say it's easy to collect enough money but I've been bottle collecting since day one, I just failed the checks to get into the harbor AND to get money from the rich boat lady.
Begging for money from Joyce or Kim (or both) solves your day 1 hotel bill, not (necessarily) the 20$ you need on day 2.

How much money do you have? You can check out the pawn store, or see if you can access an alternative way to enter the harbor (check out the shack in the lower-right side of the hanged-man lot, inspect the drunk union worker at the hotel) or the apartment building (talk to the smoking man on the balcony).

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 17, 2019

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Its Coke posted:

instead of this, I recommend just using the console to give the Nameless One 18 in every stat and increasing the party limit so you can have everyone with you at once. I was able to beat the game like this no problem

Doesn't the ending sequence include Fighting the party member left behind I. E. The human torch or the living Armour?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The only thing they should change about the softlock for failing to get rent money on day two is that it should be a full game over.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Is there seriously not an option to just sleep rough?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Zenithe posted:

Not until the third day, when you can go to the fishing village.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Xander77 posted:

I mean, the party limit is 6, and there's a total of 7 NPCs.

Did you actually manage to increase the party limit though, or is that just a general idea you don't know is feasible? I'm always in favor of removing party size limits on general principle, even if I'm fine with the combat.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Doesn't the ending sequence include Fighting the party member left behind I. E. The human torch or the living Armour?

I must have been thinking of a different game

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Feels a little bit like a flashback do 90s quest, "Hell" particularly comes to mind where you could fail the game and continue playing for days without ever figuring it out unless you find a walkthrough, I guess that's some of the intended effect.

I think Cheat Engine can give you infinite money. I'm surprised you can't just sleep on the bench or have Kim pay for it again, that's what I assumed would happen

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

you've mooched off kim enough :colbert:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

You can just edit a text file.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Zenithe posted:

i think you can if you take the Hobocop thought.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

e-dt posted:

i think you can if you take the Hobocop thought.

Nope, that makes it so you can find more cans and bottles among other bonuses, but you still can't sleep anywhere but the hotel until day 3.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I thought that was what the bench was for

But yeah, pawn things

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I thought that was what the bench was for

But yeah, pawn things

So did I. I made a point of buying lots of stuff because that bench looked a little more hobo lifestyle, and it even seemed to suggest that you could set there once kim was in bed. I don't think you can be completely locked out if you're a hobo. Anything you could get is still there, and anything you've bought or own can still be pawned. It is loving tedious and boring, definitely not the baller lifestyle I expected a homeless alcoholic to have.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Saddest Rhino posted:

No, its dependent on what moral alignment you are, i.e. if you're Good/Neutral you fight Ignus if you're Evil you fight Vhailor if I remember right.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Does it make a difference later on if you get the signatures for Everet legitimately or just get some drunks to sign them?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Arrhythmia posted:

Speaking of achievements, is the "Gluten-Free Topping Pie" one bugged? It's sitting at 0% on steam and I hit a dialogue that seems like it should have rewarded it. Specifically I got the cryptofascist to admit his day job is pie delivery.
How, by the way?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Xander77 posted:

How, by the way?

I think I read somewhere that you first have to get the racist lorry driver to admit that he's transferring apples, bring it up to Gary to have him admit he delivers pies, then have him bring you a pie once you meet him back at the hostel.

I don't *think* it's bugged, but it's a convoluted process and I haven't tried it myself.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

I think I read somewhere that you first have to get the racist lorry driver to admit that he's transferring apples, bring it up to Gary to have him admit he delivers pies, then have him bring you a pie once you meet him back at the hostel.

I don't *think* it's bugged, but it's a convoluted process and I haven't tried it myself.
Based on the steam guide? I tried doing the same - no dice. Others have the same problems.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Xander77 posted:

Based on the steam guide? I tried doing the same - no dice. Others have the same problems.

You can definitely get him to admit he's delivering the stuff, so it's most likely connected.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Broken Cog posted:

do you have to be a fascist to do it?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
speaking of fascism, I've been wondering, can you get pissed at Dora instead of being sad, if you're a fascist? just go full incel/Picasso on her?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
Just finished it, I enjoyed myself immensely and can safely say that this is the game that finally dethroned Planescape: Torment as far as narrative is concerned.

I did feel that the ending felt a bit rushed, I got the feeling that it just sort of *ended*, still liked the ending overall though.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Vichan posted:

Just finished it, I enjoyed myself immensely and can safely say that this is the game that finally dethroned Planescape: Torment as far as narrative is concerned.

I did feel that the ending felt a bit rushed, I got the feeling that it just sort of *ended*, still liked the ending overall though.

I would have liked an epilogue but I guess the point is that the epilogue is whatever you go and do in real life afterward

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

What do I have to do to befriend Cuno again?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

punch him in the face I think

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Punching him in the face gives a plus one but you still need to pass two tough empathy checks. At least I had to.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Vichan posted:

I felt that at first too, but then I realised that my Harry completed his arc. His first steps not to being a fuckup: he defused a difficult situation in accordance with his beliefs, he solved the case, cleaned up the drinking, got accepted back to his unit, and convinced a friend to join. And he realised that for all the poo poo he has to endure at the poo poo factory day in day out, he's good at his job, he can make a positive difference and he can find things to enjoy in life, too. Most importantly, he's not beyond hope.

Now comes the long process of continuing to keep the good work up, but that's not what the story was about. I think it was cool. I also think it would work - in a negative kinda way of him wasting his chance - on a Harry that continues to dig even deeper, though I haven't seen that.

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 17, 2019

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i painted some fanart

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looks like some kind of superstar!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Ok did anyone make the I possible reaction speed check while reading the Dick Mullen novel

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Ok did anyone make the I possible reaction speed check while reading the Dick Mullen novel

You always fail it, even on double sixes.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Al! posted:

i painted some fanart

SuperstART Cop!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ahem. So I found this custom ties site and...

Who'll be the brave soul that'll buy this first? :v:

https://www.zazzle.com/z/p0fyd

https://www.zazzle.com/z/p0f1c

itry fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 17, 2019

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

punch him in the face I think

Did not punch him, was best friends. And for the empathy check you also get plusses if you impress him with a successful autopsy.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

itry posted:

Ahem. So I found this custom ties site and...

Who'll be the brave soul that'll buy this first? :v:

https://www.zazzle.com/z/p0fyd

gently caress, sold

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
One of the things keeping me from doing a new run with different stats is knowing I won't meet my good friend Horrific Necktie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007

gently caress, sold

Report back to us the quality of this tie and if it tells you to arrest people/molotov them.