Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
JP 3-33 gives detail on what the J versions of these codes are supposed to include.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Howard Phillips posted:

Well I will be an officer again when I re-affiliate. So hopefully that means I will be standing at a desk with a computer instead of a picnic table.

I'm in SurgeMain, and it's really gotten big recently. I can hook you up with some reserve officers if you'd like first-hand accounts of what their ATs look like. I know from the enlisted side it's currently the best deal in the reserves: you get to pick your when/where for AT, flex drilling is recommended, and training is straightforward and relaxed.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I'm in SurgeMain, and it's really gotten big recently. I can hook you up with some reserve officers if you'd like first-hand accounts of what their ATs look like. I know from the enlisted side it's currently the best deal in the reserves: you get to pick your when/where for AT, flex drilling is recommended, and training is straightforward and relaxed.

Appreciate it. I will definitely hit you up when it comes time to pick a unit. Could be a few months before the paperwork reaches the cheese at the end of the Navy's bureaucratic rat maze.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I've been told that I'm not doing enough to make people aware, so in the spirit of GIP I'm going to wildly overreact and post this same message in all the active threads.

Another run of Useless Dirt shirts is being put together. Deadline to order is 11:59 PM Eastern time tomorrow.

Info is here

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

One of the GSs I work for is aggressively pitching this MLM that is currently the subject of a RICO tort:

https://www.classaction.org/media/chen-et-al-v-premier-financial-alliance-inc-et-al_1.pdf

Any advice/regulations that relate to GS employees and this nonsense?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Tell him your cult already takes all the spare dough

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
Separating is an absolute nightmare. Does anyone have experience with conflicting DMO and command instructions regarding moving HHG.

DMO is telling me I need to have separation orders and 2 weeks notice to pick up my HHGs.

My command is telling me I cannot start my package to be sent to the detailers through admin and PSD for separation orders until 2 weeks prior to terminal leave.

Part of the package is a finished check out sheet, I live in the barracks and cant leave the barracks with stuff in my room still so I cannot get that completed even if everything else is done the day I hit 2 weeks left. Even if I could my command told me it will likely take a week to several weeks to receive actual separation orders once I complete everything my command wants. So it's likely I wont get them until I'm already out on terminal.

DMO said I will not be reimbursed if ship them myself without already written separation orders.

I spoke to marine corps DMO they said I could get line of accounting HHG orders to schedule the move because that's what they do in this situation. Then I spoke to navy DMO and they told me they no longer do that Navy side.

I'm moving from the west coast to east coast so approximately 2800 miles. I'll have no way to Coordinate or guarantee anything is done right after I leave. I've heard horror stories of getting reimbursed after being on terminal.

Does anyone know of any way to get this fixed. My chain is worthless and toothless. They will not fight this and have no solutions to offer other than we'll look into it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

First, take a deep breath. Take two.

Second, general advice for anybody separating from any component: your command does not care about you and will no longer help you. You're not an asset any more, you're an admin task and a shitbird quitter. But hey you're getting out in the land of sweet milk and honey so gently caress em! Be an rear end in a top hat, yell at people, belligerently refuse to go away until you get helped. Make getting out your real day job. You need to become as big of a pain in the rear end as possible so they cut your papers and make you go away. They took the best years of your life and health, the least they can do is fill out the loving paperwork.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EBB posted:

First, take a deep breath. Take two.

Second, general advice for anybody separating from any component: your command does not care about you and will no longer help you. You're not an asset any more, you're an admin task and a shitbird quitter. But hey you're getting out in the land of sweet milk and honey so gently caress em! Be an rear end in a top hat, yell at people, belligerently refuse to go away until you get helped. Make getting out your real day job. You need to become as big of a pain in the rear end as possible so they cut your papers and make you go away. They took the best years of your life and health, the least they can do is fill out the loving paperwork.

This needs to get pinned as the first post in every service thread

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
My biggest problem was getting the damned Navigator to see me for the security clearance checkout. All he had to do was make sure I understood that saying secrets when I'm out could still land my rear end in prison and sign a paper. Ended up getting the RMC to sign off on it. But the Nav still freaked out and tried to freeze my terminal leave till I talked to him on the phone and verified yes I understand the gravity of a loving security clearance I was cleared up to TS SCI ffs.

Oh and make sure you have a decent haircut. They get all bent out of shape if you try to grow your hair out a slight bit before getting out.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

As soon as you have separation orders you can start initiating everything pretty much on your own. Whatever command policies they are trying to impose on you can be ignored, waived, or discussed so that you're not getting hosed over.

When I got out from sea duty I got hosed hard on many levels despite my best efforts and I was an officer that was well liked by the CO and the ship. FTN.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/sgtjanedoe/status/1196889334080622592?s=19

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

All those crackerjacks and no one is Donald? Shameful.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

ManMythLegend posted:

All those crackerjacks and no one is Donald? Shameful.

Let's be thankful they wanted to keep it G rated.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Heh

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Wingnut Ninja posted:

:furcry:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wingnut Ninja posted:

THAT"S NOT WHAT WE MEANT BY HOTDOG DONALD!!!

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.propublica.org/article/...GH0ZrB0k#170998

Super loving long url I know, but I wanted to make sure that you all saw this. This past summer I was fortunate to go visit Bryce for about an hour on my way to Newport. I was starting to see some of his old fire again, but then the whole loving board of inquiry happened and it seems like that took a huge toll on him and his family.

Maybe I'll have more to say on this later, but I just needed to get it out more than anything. Bryce stood by me and he believed in what my organization could do.

One thing the article did get wrong is his eye color. Bryce has these piercing pale green eyes.

As for work, I've taken the route of just saying that I was a DCA on a DDG out of Yokosuka. If it comes up organically in the lesson, I'll say I was on the Fitzgerald, but I generally avoid it. There's a whole lesson that I teach about the collision, and I'm getting better at how I present it, but I don't want it to become the focal point of what's going on.

Sorry that it always comes back to the Fitz. I try not to constantly bring it up, but in a lot of ways, I feel like I can vent a little here about what's going on. Thank you all.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Your experience is always appreciated. Nice break from our shitposting.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Virginia Slams posted:

Separating is an absolute nightmare. Does anyone have experience with conflicting DMO and command instructions regarding moving HHG.

DMO is telling me I need to have separation orders and 2 weeks notice to pick up my HHGs.

My command is telling me I cannot start my package to be sent to the detailers through admin and PSD for separation orders until 2 weeks prior to terminal leave.

Part of the package is a finished check out sheet, I live in the barracks and cant leave the barracks with stuff in my room still so I cannot get that completed even if everything else is done the day I hit 2 weeks left. Even if I could my command told me it will likely take a week to several weeks to receive actual separation orders once I complete everything my command wants. So it's likely I wont get them until I'm already out on terminal.

DMO said I will not be reimbursed if ship them myself without already written separation orders.

I spoke to marine corps DMO they said I could get line of accounting HHG orders to schedule the move because that's what they do in this situation. Then I spoke to navy DMO and they told me they no longer do that Navy side.

I'm moving from the west coast to east coast so approximately 2800 miles. I'll have no way to Coordinate or guarantee anything is done right after I leave. I've heard horror stories of getting reimbursed after being on terminal.

Does anyone know of any way to get this fixed. My chain is worthless and toothless. They will not fight this and have no solutions to offer other than we'll look into it.

The move of my stuff got paid for without me putting up cash for it. I went through NS Everett (WA) Personnel as my ship had already left on deployment by the time I decided to move back home (very close to the 6 month boundary after I sep'd). They dealt with the scheduling of all of that. I just had to provide Place From and Place To. Never got reimbursed for the road miles. It was like 1300 bucks in gas and lodging and almost less of a pain in the rear end to write it off then to deal with the command for it. I sent off my packet to the ship, they sent a packet back about 3 months later saying they weren't responsible for it. *shrugs* That's the last I cared about it. Obviously it would have been nice to get it all back, but I take solace in the fact that I recouped those funds via a BS and (soon to be) MS at the DoD's expense.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
THE NAVY will never stop trying the blame The Navy for making THE NAVY look bad. Now go on another 9 month deployment and grovel for your paycheck thank you.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Virginia Slams posted:

This is some bullshit. By the regs, you have to initiate your separation move within 180 days of EAOS. This means there are supposed to be mechanisms in place for you to request and receive your separation orders by that timeframe. Roadblocks preventing you from getting separation orders until you're on terminal leave is unacceptable.

I'm assuming you've done what they've asked so far, right? Did you submit a separation request/NSIPS Separation request as required? You don't have plat or I'd PM you. If you want to toss up an email address I'll hit you up for details. Maybe I can help you out.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

The Valley Stared posted:

Super loving long url I know, but I wanted to make sure that you all saw this. This past summer I was fortunate to go visit Bryce for about an hour on my way to Newport. I was starting to see some of his old fire again, but then the whole loving board of inquiry happened and it seems like that took a huge toll on him and his family.

Maybe I'll have more to say on this later, but I just needed to get it out more than anything. Bryce stood by me and he believed in what my organization could do.

One thing the article did get wrong is his eye color. Bryce has these piercing pale green eyes.

As for work, I've taken the route of just saying that I was a DCA on a DDG out of Yokosuka. If it comes up organically in the lesson, I'll say I was on the Fitzgerald, but I generally avoid it. There's a whole lesson that I teach about the collision, and I'm getting better at how I present it, but I don't want it to become the focal point of what's going on.

Sorry that it always comes back to the Fitz. I try not to constantly bring it up, but in a lot of ways, I feel like I can vent a little here about what's going on. Thank you all.

This is really some BS. I really don't even know what else to say about it. Keep posting about it if it helps. No one here is going to mind.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Inventing new charges over and over again like this looks like something Trump would have pressured them into doing. I doubt that is the case tho.

Still, a CO fucks up he loses command. Sure ok. Gets a LOR? Sure thats acceptable. Get put up on homicide? The gently caress?!

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

The biggest reason why the FTZ and JSM CO's kept getting hounded was to deflect blame away from the Admirals. Many in DC, such as Admirals Richardson, Davidson, Swift, and others, felt like they were being unfairly badgered by Congress through the oversight process. So they grit their teeth and vowed to "fix the problem" and to prove their mettle they went full ham on the CO's. Aucoin got retired too. Keep in mind this is all happening while the never ending Fat Leonard fiasco was still continuing. The Navy hasn't faced this much sucky scrutiny since Tailhook.

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
They should be charging the admirals who push crews too hard and don’t get them the time to train much less to decompress between operations. So many of those crusty assholes lose sight of what it means when they decide to shorten (or eliminate) a training cycle or availability so they can see better operational force strength numbers on their quadchart.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

The Valley Stared posted:

Never apologize for bringing it up. Bring it up as often as you need to.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
The the top brass and gently caress the Navy as an organization. It's largely poo poo from top down. A hearty thanks to the good leaders who look out for their people as much as possible.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/11/21/when-do-sailors-on-submarines-masturbate/

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
To confirm, if my admin team is saying I need a separation eval to get my separation orders, that is bullshit? I start terminal 06JAN2020 as long as it is approved. Should these be on NSIPS or anything? I'm not really worried about anything I just want to get my ducks in a row for when I get angry at someone as they're telling us to do check out in a completely brain dead fashion.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

To confirm, if my admin team is saying I need a separation eval to get my separation orders, that is bullshit? I start terminal 06JAN2020 as long as it is approved. Should these be on NSIPS or anything? I'm not really worried about anything I just want to get my ducks in a row for when I get angry at someone as they're telling us to do check out in a completely brain dead fashion.

Shipmate have you heard about the reserves?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I can not put to strong enough words my dislike of the Navy as an institution. 60% of that is the CPO ranks.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

maffew buildings posted:

Is this poo poo straight from your units Yeoman? Talk to your YNC if you can. They should be able and willing to give you proper info.

Should.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Oh yeah YNC is not the dude we go to for straight info. I'm being told the check out pack needs to be done 60 days prior to EAOS. I've got everything straight, it's on my chain for losing my sep eval/having to make another but I'm just baffled why I don't have orders already and seems someone loving up is most likely.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Separation orders should be processed 180 days out from EAOS. It's really dumb command policy to tie orders up with a check out sheet or eval or whatever. What if you wanted to send family back home early? You'd be hosed and have to do it all on terminal leave. More than likely somebody submitted stuff late to PSD, if at all. Press the issue and get annoying, maybe?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Does any country but the US offer their nautical charts for free on the internet, or is that just a NOAA thing? If not, does anyone have any ideas of some interesting remote NOAA covered locations I should use for chart training?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

maffew buildings posted:

I can not put to strong enough words my dislike of the Navy as an institution. 60% of that is the CPO ranks.

I always tell people I didn’t mind the institution so much, just all the blue falcon dweebs in it

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

piL posted:

Does any country but the US offer their nautical charts for free on the internet, or is that just a NOAA thing? If not, does anyone have any ideas of some interesting remote NOAA covered locations I should use for chart training?

Slip a Great Lakes chart in there to catch the guys who don’t read the cartridge or do things by rote.

gently caress US Great Lakes charts.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

Slip a Great Lakes chart in there to catch the guys who don’t read the cartridge or do things by rote.

gently caress US Great Lakes charts.

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Aren’t you an engineer?

I don’t think he needs to make a gasket. We’re talking about using charts for the other thing.