Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i had a zipline going all the way through the wind farm forest at one point and halfway through youd just start zipping through branches with no collision lol but towards the end it dipped too low to the grouind and if there was a new bunch of BTs youd immediately get dragged in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

theres definitely invisible walls in the sense of rock croppings that you cant build a ladder up to and poo poo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

also re: the chiral artist thing you can bring her to a hot spring

i was going to try that but just decided not to because it was too out of the way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

theres a invisible wall near the waterfall where conan lives. it pissed me off when i ran into it trying to return from the timefall farm on foot.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I can see how someone would have problems with the game's pacing but there's something so perfect about spending countless hours in chapter 3 doing long dangerous (but still fun) treks and now in chapter 5 I have a completed highway and ziplines.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Finally logged on to a tonne of likes and "X used your structure" etc. Hell yea

e: making a tough delivery that you really have to struggle with the whole way is so goddamn satisfying

also sam asking for a shower is neat lol

https://twitter.com/emmyoksa/status/1196036501647319041?s=20

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Nov 17, 2019

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

HORMELCHILI posted:

i was going to try that but just decided not to because it was too out of the way

i wonder if it works with mama too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Maya Fey posted:

I meant to try it yesterday and forgot :doh: they're everywhere in that are too

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Does anybody rlse make the truck dominos colors for the pizza delivery

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don’t even remember how to change the colors of things.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

net cafe scandal posted:

I don’t even remember how to change the colors of things.

You can only change colors on certain things from your private room, like your hat, sunglasses, backpack and pouches. You have to examine them in the equipment rack. You can change colors of vehicles in the garage menu.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

First time I dropped a tonne of cargo after being caught by a BT

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Lmfao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

EmmyOk posted:

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*

Maya Fey posted:

I kept it in mind after seeing your post and it works. Also, if you tap the touch pad while bathing Sam sings a song (keep tapping to go through the whole song) and Mama sings the response part.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The trek to Mountain Knot City was top tier

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

EmmyOk posted:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

EmmyOk posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

Lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Loading up a truck in lake knot city and driving the whole way to the distribution center on paved roads feels amazing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Roads are awesome but I feel like nobody helps finish the auto pavers, I've started just loading up trucks at distro centers and building them all myself

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I think autopavers won't have any materials contributed to them unless whatever grid they're in is on the chiral network. I noticed all of them being at zero until I got a nearby prepper to join the UCA. Then I only had to contribute a fraction of the materials for each autopaver.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

Roads are awesome but I feel like nobody helps finish the auto pavers, I've started just loading up trucks at distro centers and building them all myself

Yeah it feels like I've built all the roads myself too. Maybe there's only a tiny chance for a road someone else finishes to appear in your game even if they're on the same strand.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Frenz posted:

Yeah it feels like I've built all the roads myself too. Maybe there's only a tiny chance for a road someone else finishes to appear in your game even if they're on the same strand.

My popups for roads being built/contributed to almost always happen after either completing a story mission, or starting the game for the first time each day. I feel like contributions are staggered out somehow based on completion/time spent playing so you don't just launch the game and have the entire road system built for you

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It definitely doesnt handle roads like other structures but i think if the area is chiral connected you will see materials in the paver to start as mentioned. I think the game might just give you some of the first sections for free, or the first few just has the highest concentration of players dumping mats in them so those beginning sections may end up built without your input

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmao just got the jump scare when checking on bb

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

lmao just got the jump scare when checking on bb

i got that earlier too lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

theres a bunch of jump scares in the private room. Have fun relaxing gamers :)

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

HORMELCHILI posted:

It definitely doesnt handle roads like other structures but i think if the area is chiral connected you will see materials in the paver to start as mentioned. I think the game might just give you some of the first sections for free, or the first few just has the highest concentration of players dumping mats in them so those beginning sections may end up built without your input

Yeah, I think this is the case. They wouldn't want the narrative to be undercut by other players building out the roads for you so they give you the first few sections pre-built to introduce the mechanic. Then you're supposed to build the rest yourself initially and online players can repair them like any other structure. It is a bit confusing though which is why I didn't even try to build a road until I'd spent a billion hours in chapter 3. I'm guessing they allocate some pre-designated amount of materials when the paver is on the chiral network. I don't think I've had to spend more than 1000 of any material to complete a section.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 18, 2019

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I do have one isolated middle section completed in my game that I've never contributed anything to so there's some variance to that. Part of it probably depends on who you're randomly pooled up with

edit: honestly all the co-op building stuff feels so good that part of me doesn't even want to know how it works because it would ruin the magic

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Met Higgs for the first time outside of Port Knot City where it never rains. Then he literally asks you if you've enjoyed the game so far and isn't it time for a boss fight? Oh dear

e: Got a C :negative: Easily my lowest grade in the game, forgot about the blood grenades for ages then only towards the end did I realise you're supposed to stun it's charges with tosses. Had to repatriate. Fun though once I figured out what was going on and looked cool as hell

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 18, 2019

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its epic the beer runs out and you need to go bring more over

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The mission in Chapter 5 where you deliver Mama to her sister at Mount Knot might be my favorite in the game. I hoofed it the whole way without ziplines or anything. I stopped at the hot springs near the roboticist's house and you can sing a little song with Mama there.

The game does a really good job of making long-distance treks feel important. You really feel like you've accomplished a lot by the end

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The mission in Chapter 5 where you deliver Mama to her sister at Mount Knot might be my favorite in the game. I hoofed it the whole way without ziplines or anything. I stopped at the hot springs near the roboticist's house and you can sing a little song with Mama there.

The game does a really good job of making long-distance treks feel important. You really feel like you've accomplished a lot by the end

It also makes building ziplines and roads that much more satisfying to know how luxurious it is to not walk

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can you rebuild your motorbike after you destroy it or is there a set mission when you get the fabricate vehicles ability?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
youll be swimming in motorcycles soon enough, dont worry about the free one

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

God drat the sticky gun is so good for everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy