Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Tashilicious posted:

is this beans benedict?

beanedict?
eggs benedict isn't generally made with rice cakes

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Nov 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

gschmidl posted:

I was about to go "again, would so hard" and then they befouled the guac with tomatoes.

Don’t leave Mexico City if you don’t want tomatoes in the guacamole.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

gschmidl posted:

I was about to go "again, would so hard" and then they befouled the guac with tomatoes.

That's bait

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/ZyBurton83/status/1195706979232231424

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Please stop heating avocados

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

this legit looks like something you would find in a long lost tupperware from way in the back of the fridge

the kind of thing that you made so long ago, you can't even remember cooking it

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

The Glumslinger posted:

This...so much. I love avocado, but only cold or room temp. Hot avocado is comparable to an unintentional cold coffee.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJyHGKwj5o

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That's probably fine, I've had sweet fruit hummus, and it wasn't half bad.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I would eat that whole container in about 10 minutes if you let me.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

WITCHCRAFT posted:

this legit looks like something you would find in a long lost tupperware from way in the back of the fridge

the kind of thing that you made so long ago, you can't even remember cooking it
I have no idea what it is.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

CannonFodder posted:

I have no idea what it is.
https://www.marthastewart.com/334312/grapes-with-sour-cream-and-brown-sugar

That's my bet.

eta: Plus pecans.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oozy cheese is delicious

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Glumslinger posted:

They're cellulose flavored crisco it's all they're good for.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Tony Snark posted:

They're cellulose flavored crisco it's all they're good for.

This is almost as bad a take as the one dude who thinks all Indian food is garbage.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

DiggityDoink posted:

This is almost as bad a take as the one dude who thinks all Indian food is garbage.

Who's that? Because it isn't me.

Now, all your posts being garbage, that's another story.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Mods change thread title to Soup Time tia

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I liked avocado toast when I made it at home, but then realized it was mostly a delivery system for garlic and I was basically just eating garlic bread for lunch.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DiggityDoink posted:

Nah, avocado is a disgusting load outside of guac and certain hot preps, it's the real reason the Aztecs named them after the ballsack.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Avocado sucks in general, hth.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Avocado is amazing if you're on a clean diet, it tastes super rich and delicious. If you're on a lovely diet it's just some extra fat, and flavorless against the salty garbage you're already eating.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I have never understood the avocado fascination because it really does not taste like much. It's great as a component in other things but I see people just eating straight slices of avocado and I have no idea what's going on with that.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
The cheaper avo is, the better it is. In California, it's better: in Mexico, it's really amazing. Any cold dark country where you need a miracle of supply chains to have it at all, it will suck

Hass cultivar is most common because of its cold resistance. But that means that it doesn't really taste like anything. The Criollo Oaxaca avocado is the best I've ever had

bob dobbs is dead has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Nov 18, 2019

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Avocado has a nice creamy texture and a mild vegetal flavor. Guess goons have to be contrarian about everything though.

I'd eat more of it if it wasn't so fatty.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bob dobbs is dead posted:

The cheaper avo is, the better it is. In California, it's better: in Mexico, it's really amazing. Any cold dark country where you need a miracle of supply chains to have it at all, it will suck

Hass cultivar is most common because of its cold resistance. But that means that it doesn't really taste like anything. The Criollo Oaxaca avocado is the best I've ever had

spankmeister posted:

Avocado has a nice creamy texture and a mild vegetal flavor. Guess goons have to be contrarian about everything though.

No and no, all avocados taste like lawnmower bag funk and cheap margarine and as a Californian cutting down old rear end avocado trees because of termites is one of my greatest joys in life. Put an herb garden there and grow some peppers and cilantro and get some loving flavor in your life.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
I've never been so close to buying a red text in my life.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The problem with avocado is putting it in things that it has no business being in. Get out of my omelette, get off of my burger. I get it, you want your menu to appear hip and cool by having a "California" version of everything that costs 4-5 dollars more than the version without avocado, but just because you can jam avocado in any random thing doesn't mean you should.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The problem with avocado is putting it in things that it has no business being in. Get out of my omelette, get off of my burger. I get it, you want your menu to appear hip and cool by having a "California" version of everything that costs 4-5 dollars more than the version without avocado, but just because you can jam avocado in any random thing doesn't mean you should.

This is more my feeling. It has its place, its place is not "everywhere".

I have probably only had Hass though.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tony Snark posted:

No and no, all avocados taste like lawnmower bag funk and cheap margarine and as a Californian cutting down old rear end avocado trees because of termites is one of my greatest joys in life. Put an herb garden there and grow some peppers and cilantro and get some loving flavor in your life.

Thank you, God had to create the manifestation of basic nonoffensive trash, and out came avocado.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Soft scrambled eggs, avocado, bacon, and some asiago cheese is my favorite breakfast.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

yeah I eat rear end posted:

get off of my burger

There's a local place that serves standard beef burgers with jalapeno relish and guacamole and I will defend that flavour combo to the death

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fair enough, gucamole good, plain avocado poo poo. There are avocado rules after all.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The things that make guacamole good are the things that aren't the avocado

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Tony Snark posted:

grow some... cilantro

Tony Snark posted:

get some loving flavor in your life.

Pick one. :colbert:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
A good avocado is a sublime thing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Grand Fromage posted:

I see people just eating straight slices of avocado and I have no idea what's going on with that.
It tastes nice. HTH.

spankmeister posted:

It's good fat though.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I will forever treasure that period in the early 2000’s when Togo’s had a thing where you could, according to the posters in the front windows, “Make your lunch EXTREEEEME”

Which meant “add avocado to it”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
avocados are nature's most puzzling enigma.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GexnUyuc4ps

stay safe out there.