Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Never mind what I said about the Rainbow Alcremie, we have a event Lycanrock situation here:

https://twitter.com/PikaHikariKT/status/1196219436182757376

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Araxxor posted:

Never mind what I said about the Rainbow Alcremie, we have a event Lycanrock situation here:

Which icon is Dusk?

Which icon is night also?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What time is considered 'night' exactly, 6pm? 7pm? Trying to get an Obstagoon.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
is it just me or are the TRs, like, barely used at all
I got an aura sphere one and was like "woah, hell yeah" only to learn that only 4 pokemon in galar (not counting the ones that're in the game but inaccessible like legends/blastoise) can learn it: togekiss, gallade, lucario, and kommo-o. You may also notice that one of those pokemon learns it on level up and another isn't a special attacker. So you have a TR that two pokemon in the game can make use of.

I get that aura sphere is one of the rarer moves, but at the same time, the scarcity of TRs doesn't bother me because it's exceedingly rare that a member of my team can actually use one of the things.

Araxxor posted:

my friend thought it was random, but said she got it at 7pm, so yeah, that tracks

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Incoherence posted:

The gym battle music is the best track in the game; change my mind. (The refights have a somewhat worse remix, unfortunately.) It's very Jock Jams, and the chanting part at the end just seals it.

Second place is a close race between Piers and Rose.

It's the first dog encounter theme

https://youtu.be/C3kwx8j1ygo

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Sword and Shield might be the best games after all

https://twitter.com/joe_facker/status/1196053183283392513

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Blaziken386 posted:

apparently, there's a rainbow form of alcremie too :eyepop:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pansexual_pride_flag

So we have Hatterene in trans and lesbian (shiny) pride flag colors, shiny Inteleon in bi pride colors, and now rainbow Alcremie in pan colors.

Pokemon SwSh says LGBT rights

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m playing Sword, in which area can I start finding wild Farfetch’d?

Also based on the first episode the new anime looks pretty good so far. They weren’t in this episode oddly enough but I actually wouldn’t mind seeing Team Rocket come back eventually though as long as they were handled right (which I felt like Sun & Moon did a decent job with honestly).

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Blaziken386 posted:

is it just me or are the TRs, like, barely used at all

Well, I think it's mostly based on the move, I have an Ice Beam TR and a lot of fuckers learn Ice Beam.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Honestly TRs have better availability than TMs. Most of the good TMs are locked to the dang postgame

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I have altogether too many tri-attack TRs. Like 20 of the drat things.

I'm fine with "trash" TRs because you know they're random drops and you're sorting through the chaff for the good stuff. That's the nature of the thing. It's pretty fun and chill to ride around the Wild Area beating up giant monsters to see if you get something neat, even if most of what you get isn't neat.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Larryb posted:

I’m playing Sword, in which area can I start finding wild Farfetch’d?

Right after the first gym. There are wobuffets there too that you can use to get three critical hits in one battle.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I’m pretty sure you can sell extra TR’s for cash.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Eiba posted:

I have altogether too many tri-attack TRs. Like 20 of the drat things.

I'm fine with "trash" TRs because you know they're random drops and you're sorting through the chaff for the good stuff. That's the nature of the thing. It's pretty fun and chill to ride around the Wild Area beating up giant monsters to see if you get something neat, even if most of what you get isn't neat.

Which Pokemon can even learn Tri-attack anyway?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Larryb posted:

Which Pokemon can even learn Tri-attack anyway?

Let me tri to find a list.

:dadjoke:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

So what all is there to do in the post game? Because so far it just seems like catching the box legendary

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

iospace posted:

Oh my gods. I just realized what the theme of the 7th gym is.

IT'S A TRIBUTE TO loving BEAT-EM-UPS. Also my Hatterene evolved just in time for it :getin:
Yeah, it's great, but I imagine the subtlety was lost on a lot of people.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
When is it considered night time in game

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

iospace posted:

Let me tri to find a list.

:dadjoke:

Seriously, anybody got a real answer (and is the move even any good or should I just sell off the ones I currently have)?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

tri-attack's only notable with normal-type special attackers

so like, porygon z and uhhhhhhhhh

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

tri-attack's only notable with normal-type special attackers

so like, porygon z and uhhhhhhhhh

So it’s basically worthless then, good to know

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Larryb posted:

So it’s basically worthless then, good to know
Yeah:
https://www.serebii.net/attackdex-swsh/triattack.shtml

I think Indeedee is the only pokemon you'd ever consider using it on in this game.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

When is it considered night time in game

For the most part it's tied to the story. There are a few areas that are unaffected by it and are tied to the IRL clock. (Such as the Wild Area)

Note that time based events like evolutions are still tied to "story time" so if you want to evolve something at night, you actually have to go to a night area.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tying the new poke's evolutions to time of day when most of the game's world doesn't have a day-night cycle is a baffling decision, but it wouldn't be the first of such in the series.

I was a bit annoyed yesterday because my Linoone should have evolved inside the Ghost gym and I missed out on Dynamaxing Obstagoon :argh:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of evolutions, when can I start buying Fire/Water/Leaf/Etc. Stones?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 18, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
question: is there a point to the pokejobs? Even on the 4 star jobs it's like: "good job, some of your trash mons worked for us for 24 hours! have 1,000 pokebux, 1200 exp, and a soda."

in contrast, a two star raid takes me all of 30 seconds, and will dump TRs, exp candies, and big nuggets on me.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
https://twitter.com/SuperSpacedad/status/1196246338842677248

Bonus:

https://twitter.com/reiwakeya/status/1195763705687896065

Perpetual Motion
Aug 12, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

My favorite thing about endgame Hop is after you thrash him in the semifinals, his brother, the person who he admires most in the world and whose validation he seeks, comes out and delivers a speech about you, the player character, and how hard you worked. loving brutal.

The best part about this is he’s completely and realistically crushed by this in the postgame. He doesn’t get any confidence back until he tames his box legend, and even then he gives up on the whole “be the very best” thing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

This rules.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Larryb posted:

Speaking of evolutions, when can I start buying Fire/Water/Grass/Etc. Stones?

Serebii has them located in "Lake of Outrage", "Motostoke Riverbank", and "Digging Duo", whatever that last one is. No buying apparently...

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Digging Duo are some lads in the wild area near the nursery you can pay 500W to and get random treasures and items like bones, fossils and stones.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

iospace posted:

Serebii has them located in "Lake of Outrage", "Motostoke Riverbank", and "Digging Duo", whatever that last one is. No buying apparently...

So you can’t just buy them from a specific shop like normal? That’s weird.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is there any way to make catching dyanmax pokemon easier? Catching the 5 star ones feels totally unreliable and I hate it for how long it takes to bring one down.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, Team Yell is the best villain team in the games.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Skeezy posted:

This rules.

You might like this also then:

https://twitter.com/DesertPogona/status/1196265255137140736

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Was a bit bummed my free Toxricty was the low key variety, but just found an amped up one for 3 star raid.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
got a +ATK, Leek bearing Farfetch'd on my first shot and promptly evolved him into Sirfetch'd. this duck is insane. i am no longer simply battling trainers, i am headhunting.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I just saw Eiscue for the first time on Showdown. I thought it was a fakemon at first.

Nope, that's a real thing now

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I can't believe so many people were born on the 20th of april

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Like I absolutely love some of these new friends, but lots of them sound like rejects from this Conan bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiU5EeRWnr0