Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Miss Trieu is probably related to the baby of the pregnant lady the comedian shot that somehow survived imo if she's not a direct clone. That would make her Silk Spectre II's half sister.

graham cracker fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Farm Frenzy posted:

It took ages for the show to confirm that the guy who is almost certainly ozymandias is ozymandias and I don't really think the ambiguity added anything. It just feels like its just there to incite speculation. I'm enjoying lots of the show but this sorta stuff has left me not really invested in what's going on.

Yes...it was certainly a ~TOTAL MYSTERY~ of who Jeremy Irons' character was supposed to be.
:nallears:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

In what you linked, is that JD from scrubs? He has aged awfully.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
:stare:
I’m guessing the kid in the intro is Looking Glass?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's cool that he's linked to what happened at NY.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Well that opening fuckin owned.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Le Saboteur posted:

Well that opening fuckin owned.

Seriously makes me rethink the “well, the movie had to change the ending because the squid one would terrible in a film” stuff.

E:yep, it was him. He’s basically my favorite character on the show and this background stuff really adds a lot to his character.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 18, 2019

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Hrrrrrm beans

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Doggie!

Nononononononononono

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I think I’ve found a new 12 step fellowship

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This is definitely the best episode they've put out so far.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe controversial given some of the talk in here, but I really like the slow unfold of the universe one character at a time.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I wanna see that Pale Horse movie Spielberg made instead of Schindlers List in this universe.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I cannot stop laughing at the Puppie incinerator

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

:ohdear:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Jesus this scene is making me anxious. That tick tick is pushing it over the edge.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This episode rules

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

squid pro quo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This episode is loving nuts

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Arist posted:

This episode rules

It’s definitely the best of the series so far, which puts it in the running for best thing I’ve seen all year.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Thats a Smooth Jeremy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh poo poo, Looking Glass is gonna actually become the new Rorschach.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Looks like that theory was accurate :stare:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's actually building a ship of their corpses like he said he would. Holy poo poo.

Oh, guess not. Haha. Who was he sending the message to? Dan?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, that's not Mars, it's Jupiter. So this is probably Europa?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Either Europa or Io most likely.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh poo poo, Looking Glass is gonna actually become the new Rorschach.

I’m really interested to see how his character develops the rest of the series. A human lie detector finding out that much of his life is a lie strikes me as someone who is not gonna handle that well.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm loving all these Careless Whisper versions. It really is a great song with a great melody but it gets lampooned endlessly because of that sexy sax

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

drat just took a memory overdose.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Le Saboteur posted:

drat just took a memory overdose.

Dry swallowing a whole bottle of pills sounds difficult.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Dry swallowing a whole bottle of pills sounds difficult.

Those fuckers were big too

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Oh poo poo that ending. :ohdear: it’s gonna be a long wait for next week.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Seems like the Governor sent the racists to clean up the lose end once he knew Wade did what he wanted.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Next episode looks like a trip

Codependent Poster posted:

He's actually building a ship of their corpses like he said he would. Holy poo poo.

Oh, guess not. Haha. Who was he sending the message to? Dan?

Yeah, it seemed like the message was "SAVE ME DA-" with the ending getting cut off, so it's entirely likely that he was sending it to Dan.

Anyway, do we know why the Kavalry seemed like they were about to kill Wade? Or did I horribly misread that ending?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like we got to the fireworks factory.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I just spent 10$ to tell you the Jupiter facing side of Europa would experience enough radiation to kill you easily in a day.

Also great show!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Arist posted:

Next episode looks like a trip

Yeah, it seemed like the message was "SAVE ME DA-" with the ending getting cut off, so it's entirely likely that he was sending it to Dan.

Anyway, do we know why the Kavalry seemed like they were about to kill Wade? Or did I horribly misread that ending?

They’re cleaning up loose ends. I’m hoping he’s enough of a paranoid fucker that he manages to get away, killing him off before the stuff from this episode gets to sink in would be a doozy.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

beanieson posted:

I don’t understand how anyone ever doubted he was ozymandias. Like, it was announced that actor was cast as Veidt, he was acting like Veidt, and just because he hadn’t put on his silly costume people were speculating it wasn’t him??

I think that “ambiguity” was there because people wanted some Lostish mystery to complain about, it seemed pretty obvious who th character was.

For what it's worth, neither was Jeremy Iron's casting announced as him playing Veidt, and he spent multiple episodes being credited as Lord Of The Manor.

So the original argument about the pointless withholding of information remains true, made all the more egregious for it being entirely obvious who he was playing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a good episode. Veidt was sent somewhere else, and though I think we're supposed to believe it was Dr. Manhattan, it's likely Trieu.

Looking Glass isn't gonna get killed. I think him going back to get the alarm is a sign he's still on the fence. And him knowing the truth has way too much potential to kill him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Despera posted:

I just spent 10$ to tell you the Jupiter facing side of Europa would experience enough radiation to kill you easily in a day.

Also great show!

That’s why he was there for less than a day!