Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

So I got to plat 2 0LP last night. I figure I need to end today around 65LP to be on pace to get diamond 4 by end of season, so if I can win 3 games I’ll be set.

... what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a fatguy baldspot posted:

this is cool, thanks. how do You remind Yourself during the game to keep looking at the minimap / cs better /

you should really be learning to CS in the practice tool, if you have to actively think about CSing it's going to negatively impact every other area of your game because it's taking up active brain power that you need to be applying to other stuff. this is also somewhat of a big factor in the (what i find terribly boring) advice of maining one champ to learn to climb, basically if you learn your champ well enough you dont have to think about your plays it removes a huge barrier that makes it harder to pay attention to other stuff

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the first wave is too important. everyone should start at level 2 - me, watching my carry not kill creeps during the first wave

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Why do you guys reckon that like on Caitlyn when I look at winrates, Mortal Reminder has like a lower winrate as a late item than just about everything else?

Should I basically skip it unless they have more than one huge tank that's becoming A Problem or a ton of healing?

I mean I know going by winrates is kinda suspect but it's like I feel like statistically significantly lower and I wasn't sure why

Maybe because it doesn't really help you kill objectives and towers?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

im not a brain genius but i'd wager its like if you're resorting to have to buy mortal reminder it means you're far behind and thus more likely to lose?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

that said, grievous wound items are often bought too late in my experience

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
So go flat pen unless I'm fighting hypertanks, gotcha

Stefan Prodan posted:

Why do you guys reckon that like on Caitlyn when I look at winrates, Mortal Reminder has like a lower winrate as a late item than just about everything else?

Should I basically skip it unless they have more than one huge tank that's becoming A Problem or a ton of healing?

I mean I know going by winrates is kinda suspect but it's like I feel like statistically significantly lower and I wasn't sure why

I think Grievous Wounds, and by extension, MR is really important to have, but its opportunity cost is so high on an ADC. It could take up space that would be better served by GA, BT, or QSS, when the rest of your team should be applying GW and you shouldn't be engaging solo

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Just my guess, but it might be because Mortal Reminder is p.much always a late buy and champions that heal a lot tend to have winrates almost directly correlated with game time. So in the games that last long enough for it to be built, the champions it is being built against get strong enough that its winrate tanks even if it's objectively the optimal item to buy. Conversely, a lot of items are probably really suboptimal but have sky-high winrates becasue they're what people buy when they're stomping.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Toxic Mental posted:

So I got to plat 2 0LP last night. I figure I need to end today around 65LP to be on pace to get diamond 4 by end of season, so if I can win 3 games I’ll be set.

the only way you have a chance is to win a whole bunch in a streak so like, theres no 'pace'. youre either very lucky or you arent

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
well when I say mortal reminder I was thinking of it in terms of as an armor pen item, because I almost never see anyone buy LDR

what I'm saying is I feel like Caitlyn has a higher winrate with no armor pen items at all and I was wondering why that was the case

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Stefan Prodan posted:

well when I say mortal reminder I was thinking of it in terms of as an armor pen item, because I almost never see anyone buy LDR

what I'm saying is I feel like Caitlyn has a higher winrate with no armor pen items at all and I was wondering why that was the case

Mostly it just comes down to team comps. Tanks are pretty rare right now, and thanks to the changes to runes and items they still tend to be less durable than they were in seasons past. Finishing your build as an adc late game now is more about being able to kill whoever is attacking you faster than they kill you or having something defensive to mitigate burst damage.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Two things.

This isn’t really a season with many tanks. That lowers the relative value of armor penetration items considerably.

Comparing item win rates is also super tricky. For example, when your team snowballs and you get that 20-25 minute win, you don’t have time to build LDR or Mortal Reminder, so that pushes the total win rate for no armor penetration items up. Does that mean armor penetration items are bad? No, they’re just items you typically build in the late game, so you have to judge them in the proper context. To my knowledge, no analytics site really helps you to do that.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how does my "jungler" "lose jungle" with 3 winning lanes?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I'm not a botlaner, but if healing is an issue, couldn't you just pick up executioners early and just not finish mortal?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Erdricks posted:

I'm not a botlaner, but if healing is an issue, couldn't you just pick up executioners early and just not finish mortal?

This is often a decent idea, especially if you're against the likes of Vladimir. Though if you're in bot lane you shouldn't really be running into a Vlad that early.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Sona and Raka

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Nothing better then being against a heavy heal tank comp and a healing support and seeing your adc didn't bother to spend 800g on a executioners by 20 minutes.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
If I'm against Yumi support bot, Executioners is literally my first buy. gently caress that champion.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Slaapaav posted:

how does my "jungler" "lose jungle" with 3 winning lanes?

enemy jungler walks in and kills them over and over again because their laners don't respond to invades?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nothing better then being against a heavy heal tank comp and a healing support and seeing your adc didn't bother to spend 800g on a executioners by 20 minutes.

ARAM - The Losening right thee.

Oh, they rolled Warwick, Mundo, and Zac? Better go Ludens into deathcap if I'm AP, BC into Ravenous if I'm a Brawler or full crit build if ADC!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just had the funniest loving game

I'm support Lux and the enemy Lucian is obviously playing EXTREMELY tryhard

We get a few kills on him and some clutch escapes and the enemy team starts saying "report Lucian for racist chat and toxic please"

Then I say in all chat "you mad lucian" and this just snaps him and starts going off

"you weight 100 irl"
"i bench 400"
"you probably support Bernie, voted for hillary, and warren and AOC"
"god your so cringy"
"OH NO I SAID A RACIST WORD I'M GONNA GET BANNED OH NOOO"
"add me after and I'll loving show you"

to the last one I say "don't @ me nerd, I don't add poo poo players" and he spends the entire rest of the game spamming all chat with "okay bro"

So after we win I report him, and get an instant feedback report that he was punished :)

He starts spamming friend requests at me, and every time I say no he does it again until he eventally starts cancelling the ones he sent before and re-sending them to I guess annoy me with the friend request sound?

This was his profile
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=MacedonianOp

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Erdricks posted:

Yup. That's a very good idea for a good number of champions and situations. The similar magic damage one is going Morello's. In that case the Oblivion Orb is a good item on a hell of a lot of AP carries anyway.

Lethality can be goofy but flat pen isn't something you should ignore entirely. There are some champs that want it early but in the case of ADC specifically a lot of them want attack speed and/or crit first.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

"Now playing!" thanks riot.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Draven main, what a surprise

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most hosed up thing is going by his stats he seems way better at jungle than adc

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
wow a jungle main who plays a lot of draven is the most toxic rear end in a top hat ever?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

TheAnomaly posted:

ARAM - The Losening right thee.

Oh, they rolled Warwick, Mundo, and Zac? Better go Ludens into deathcap if I'm AP, BC into Ravenous if I'm a Brawler or full crit build if ADC!

Do poo poo that makes sense :argh:.

Maybe rush a void staff if we're all AP don't save it for your 3rd+ item.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

players like that are funny to me because if they would stop being gently caress heads they would probably win at least 30% more games

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Welp I was gonna make a push for diamond from p1 but I tilted all the way to p3 by losing like a poo poo ton in a row. Probably end of the season for me, I'll just reset my mental by not playing for few days.

Also not sure why but whenever I duo I get dogshit teammates.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Toxic Mental posted:

Just had the funniest loving game

I'm support Lux and the enemy Lucian is obviously playing EXTREMELY tryhard

We get a few kills on him and some clutch escapes and the enemy team starts saying "report Lucian for racist chat and toxic please"

Then I say in all chat "you mad lucian" and this just snaps him and starts going off

"you weight 100 irl"
"i bench 400"
"you probably support Bernie, voted for hillary, and warren and AOC"
"god your so cringy"
"OH NO I SAID A RACIST WORD I'M GONNA GET BANNED OH NOOO"
"add me after and I'll loving show you"

to the last one I say "don't @ me nerd, I don't add poo poo players" and he spends the entire rest of the game spamming all chat with "okay bro"

So after we win I report him, and get an instant feedback report that he was punished :)

He starts spamming friend requests at me, and every time I say no he does it again until he eventally starts cancelling the ones he sent before and re-sending them to I guess annoy me with the friend request sound?

This was his profile
https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=MacedonianOp

is this you

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Down+singedrome

your name loving sucks poo poo

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

pick whoever has the most aoe dmg on the team and get them to buy morrellos regardless if it helps them or not

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

players like that are funny to me because if they would stop being gently caress heads they would probably win at least 30% more games

the more toxic they are the better they are as a player, feeding their toxicity even more. it’s a vicious cycle

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

goddamn

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 18, 2019

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

whew made it

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I didn't even know the free chests you get can give you a free chest/key combo, let alone that can happen twice in a row.

Lucky me I guess?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I didn't even know the free chests you get can give you a free chest/key combo, let alone that can happen twice in a row.

Lucky me I guess?

I had a chain of 5 chests once. It was awesome.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hellioning posted:

Lucky me I guess?

recently i rerolled three skin shards into a permanent (headhunter nidalee thanks riot) and for some reason it also gave me a chest and a key, which had a chest and a key, which had a chest and a key which ended with the "nice try" emote. it was random chance but it was funny random chance.

but also recently i had a weird beneficial bug where i got rare ugly awful nosferatu vlad out of a chest and decided i obviously had to have it, but the game lagged out while i tried to activate it and said something along the lines of "your materials should be returned to your inventory but if not contact support" except i got the skin and they also put a nosferatu vlad skin permanent into my inventory, which i think is worth roughly a dozen less orange essence than it cost me to activate. so i guess i scored a free skin. kind of.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Incidentally the chance of a free chest is 10%, which is quite a bit higher than I thought it was.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so like is there a chance to get a free chest every time you activate a skin or is it just because i rerolled the skin shards??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I think rerolling them is like opening a chest that only has finished shards in itt