Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Apparently the Queen approved that Prince Andrew trainwreck interview.

ol liz is also (i think?) hosting trump before the election

she's cancelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
broke: yas slay kween

woke: yas, slay the kween

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

ok I'm convinced, going to pronounce it scown now

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Forums Terrorist posted:

lmao the ireland map is 1 for 1 with the old maps of the limits of english settlement

Lol I just noticed Cornwall

Free Cornwall

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

foobardog posted:

Lol I just noticed Cornwall

Free Cornwall

It doesn't matter how he says it, it matters whether he puts the jam or cream on first.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Scones are too hard biscuits

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

foobardog posted:

Scones aren't hard at all, what kind of bizarre gaslighting bullshit is this?

Womens Jeans
Sep 13, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

goddamnedtwisto posted:

british teeth

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not as soft as one of the few good things from the southern us, southern-style biscuits, at least in my experience

But it's been in the US, so maybe they're doing it wrong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Womens Jeans posted:

british teeth

are you american? how much does your dental work cost? here are the UK prices for comparison

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/dental-health/how-much-will-i-pay-for-nhs-dental-treatment/

quote:

NHS dental charges
There are 3 NHS charge bands. From April 2019 to March 2020, the costs are as follows:

Band 1: £22.70
Covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, a scale and polish, and planning for further treatment.

Band 2: £62.10
Covers all treatment included in Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions).

Band 3: £269.30
Covers all treatment included in Bands 1 and 2, plus more complex procedures, such as crowns, dentures and bridges.

Find out what's included in each NHS dental band charge

What if I need more treatment?
If, within 2 calendar months of completing a course of treatment, you need more treatment from the same or lower charge band, such as another filling, you do not have to pay anything extra.

If the additional treatment needed is in a higher band, you'll have to pay for the new NHS course of treatment.

But once 2 months have passed after completing a course of treatment, you'll have to pay the NHS charge band for any NHS dental treatment received.

Certain treatments (including lost items) are guaranteed for 12 months from the date they were completed.

These are:

fillings
root fillings
inlays
porcelain veneers
crowns
Treatments provided under this guarantee must be similar or related to the original treatment, but they do not have to be like for like.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
How do you pronounce stone? Do you just say ston?!

ee by gub, lookit ston i t'mines

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Scone is pronounced Skwun

Womens Jeans
Sep 13, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jose posted:

are you american? how much does your dental work cost? here are the UK prices for comparison

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/dental-health/how-much-will-i-pay-for-nhs-dental-treatment/

i’m not american. i live in london and observe my colleagues teeth

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Forums Terrorist posted:

lmao the ireland map is 1 for 1 with the old maps of the limits of english settlement

What kind of hosed up swamp dialect are y’all speaking where “cone” does not rhyme with “gone”???

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

What kind of hosed up swamp dialect are y’all speaking where “cone” does not rhyme with “gone”???

Cone sounds like blown
Gone sounds like Khan

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
oh no it's regional dialect chat

please, i urge all posters to control yourselves and refrain from participating in regional dialect chat

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Jose posted:

yeah so what's their excuse?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Who says sgone

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Who says sgone

Nobody but teeth deformation can cause mouth turbulence that changes the pitch

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

redleader posted:

oh no it's regional dialect chat

please, i urge all posters to control yourselves and refrain from participating in regional dialect chat

No! A week back I got impatient about a farenheit/celcius debate and now it is your turn to suffer. :colbert:

I'm from N. Ireland and you would not believe how different regional dialects can change over such a small area. When I was 17 I worked construction at the Moyle converter. It was always really funny hearing the guys from Irvinstown asking me to hand them 'boults' (bolts) and screws. One of my friends met guys from this town in university and they always asked him "are you listening to much rock&rowl these days?". There is a town not far away from me where everyone uses them term 'sur' (sir) the same way an Australian uses 'mate'. Somebody taped a sign that said "Kick me, sir!" to one of these guys schoolbags once. He got kicked and turned round and said "Ahh, sur! What did you do that for, sur!" I have also heard 'bread' pronounced 'breed'.

:c00l:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bringing Northern Ireland to a weird regional accents fight is just cheating.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

whoopsie indeed

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1196377769963380736

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

/sitting in a dentists chair in a tent in a Walmart parking lot after queuing for eight hours while an overworked volunteer does emergency charity work on your mouth

Womens Jeans posted:

british teeth

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
wonder how long he's been sat on this one

https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/1196387653064822790

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1196387676871630848

Ew, gross. I think Piers Morgan says something I agree with. :barf:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

BMX Ninja posted:

Bringing Northern Ireland to a weird regional accents fight is just cheating.

True. Listening to them speak it seems impossible that Nigel Dodds, Gerry Adams and Liam Neeson came from the same 14,000 sqkm area.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

apparently you get death threats if you say you’ve eaten a Cornish pasty when you’re not actually in Cornwall at the time

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Hillary 2020 posted:

The great thing is that you can use these posters over and over again for a massive savings

orwellian "we have always been 20 days from brexit"

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nonce?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Let's all take a minute to appreciate just how funny this is.

"Hi, I'd like to ask you some questions about your dealings with Boris Johnson"
"Nyet! We have never held Kompromat over your prime minister from that party we were all at!"
*takes out Daily Mail op-ed denying it*
"Wait, what party? Kompromat?"
"Blyat."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

blyat johnson

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

foobardog posted:

you don't have scones, those are rock cakes

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
every time this conversation pops up I have to imagine a confused yank staring from behind a counter, completely at a loss, while a polite brit silently weeps while attempting to salvage the jammy, creamy monstrosity of a rock cake they've been served

in many ways this is brexit

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
My "Not involved in Boris Johnson Kompromat" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Jel Shaker posted:

apparently you get death threats if you say you’ve eaten a Cornish pasty when you’re not actually in Cornwall at the time

well yeah it's only Cornish if it comes from the Cornwall region, otherwise it's just sparkling bread

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

ReelBigLizard posted:

My "Not involved in Boris Johnson Kompromat" T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

That would be an amazing t-shirt.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

legally speaking many of the ones made in cornwall are not cornish pasties

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
only pasties bakes from cornmeal harvested from the great corn wall, that is planted along the country border every year to feed the earl’s household staff, is considered a Cornish pasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes