Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Man does anyone like hearing shows you watched in other languages. I just like to see how things translate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I learned to speak 'merican by watching KOTH. :clint:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i learned spanish and yo soy fluento mexicano

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

naem posted:

this isn’t the blessed thread

But this is the koth, tho?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
<<Paulette, vien't'icitte, y'a du propane dans mon urètre, crisse.>>

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

How does the Quebecois version deal with the Canadian episode?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

muscles like this! posted:

They didn't get that far into the translation. Something like the first two seasons were translated I believe?

Anyway. There's a very easy answer to your question. Ontarians.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
What did they do with all the references to the Dallas Cowboys?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Extra Large Marge posted:

What did they do with all the references to the Dallas Cowboys?

Probably left them in. I mean, the idespread fanaticism would map easily to the Montreal Canadiens but the joke probably get lost in the shuffle.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

muscles like this! posted:

Or the fact that Mexico is like half a days drive away in some episodes.

Sleepless Dreamer
Jun 5, 2008

it's my calling to tell nerd :roboluv:ers how to :roboluv: properly
The translation was an ok effort, but they failed to pull off the localisation the same way the Simpsons did. The Simpsons kinda exist in an ambiguous American town filled with reference to Quebec things, but it remained clearly American. KOTH was way too "Quebecised" for its own good and it ended up weird to have a small Quebec town filled with US flags...

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Voilà Hahhhhnk, et Pehhhhgy, et... Boomhauer...

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Toe Blake Middle School

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Holy gently caress, I laughed way too hard at this.

As a New Brunswicker who lived in Quebec, :golfclap:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Extra Large Marge posted:

Toe Blake Middle School

:perfect:

naem
May 29, 2011

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i cant tell if dc is in the uninhabitable zone or not

but otherwise accurate

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GolfHole posted:

but otherwise accurate

it does not appear to be, the virginia border is all orange

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

GolfHole posted:

but otherwise accurate

It's actually pretty embarrassing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

naem
May 29, 2011

this is a very good post

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

THE BEST HANK HILL IMPRESSION EVAR EVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0vg3swDq70

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Anyone know if this show will be available on Disney+?

EDIT: It is not. :argh:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 14, 2019

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Man the episode where Bobby takes home ec and Peggy feels threatened is uncomfortable. Hilarious, but uncomfortable.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

TheKingslayer posted:

Man the episode where Bobby takes home ec and Peggy feels threatened is uncomfortable. Hilarious, but uncomfortable.

Jeans are loving IMPOSSIBLE to sew, so that episode raised my assessment of Bobby to "god-like being."

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TheKingslayer posted:

I love this episode, and a moment I'm personally ashamed of is getting actually mad that some dumb youtuber called it one of the worst episodes of all time.

The dudes main problem with it is that it's unrealistic for a mother to be jealous of their children.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010

PinheadSlim posted:

I love this episode, and a moment I'm personally ashamed of is getting actually mad that some dumb youtuber called it one of the worst episodes of all time.

The dudes main problem with it is that it's unrealistic for a mother to be jealous of their children.

That's almost charmingly innocent.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Pieuvre posted:

That's almost charmingly innocent.

It's sort of meta, because Bobby would've had the same opinion.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8FOlcuUiFo

Here's the review in question, he has another video later titled "unpopular king of the hill opinions" and I'm almost afraid to watch it.

Edit : It's just so weird how it seems like if a character makes this character mad by acting like a bad person it's somehow a "bad" episode

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 19, 2019

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Betazoid posted:

Jeans are loving IMPOSSIBLE to sew, so that episode raised my assessment of Bobby to "god-like being."

the teacher did the sewing... cmon......

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Betazoid posted:

i love how the only people who can't see how alike he and bobby are, are hank and bobby

they may have different interests but hank is as obsessed with color and fabric as bobby is, but only on jerseys

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
I am not sewing. I am upholstering, which is one of the five original industrial arts.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I hope everyone watched their favorite Thanksgiving episodes over the weekend, I tell ya what.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

I am not sewing. I am upholstering, which is one of the five original industrial arts.

Yeah man dang ol talk about you button tuck them folds?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

:laffo:

Edit: I'm watching Hank's On Board and I know it's tv, but they could have tried to make a rope with their swim trunks and hooked the ladder into the water.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Dec 1, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I was at a bar last night and someone came up to me and started complaining about kids and their cell phones. Then 5 mins later they approached my wife.... and again launched into a rant about kids looking at their cell phones instead of dancing. It was this meme twice in five minutes. Except the dude looked like Johnny Appleseed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

lucky is the best addition to late King of the Hill