Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Godholio posted:

Nobody cares that you don't like Shim.

If they get to spout off their hatred towards inherent, inborn groups (aka bigotry) I'll spout off my hatred towards an individual for being a bigoted gently caress.

It's not "dont like". Its "hate".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Dwanyelle posted:

If they get to spout off their hatred towards inherent groups not doing anything wrong (aka bigotry) I'll spout off my hatred towards an individual for being a bigoted gently caress.

Just report it instead of making GBS threads up the thread about it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

NYT and The Intercept got a bunch of MOIS (Iranian intelligence) cables relating to Iraq:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/18/world/middleeast/iran-iraq-spy-cables.html

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Dwanyelle posted:

If they get to spout off their hatred towards inherent, inborn groups (aka bigotry) I'll spout off my hatred towards an individual for being a bigoted gently caress.

That cloud you're shouting at is 4 1/2 years old.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Dwanyelle posted:

I hope someone makes a "best-of Shim posting" thread and you have to read the entire thing aloud before you're allowed to push submit reply

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Meanwhile, 1994 called, they want their candidate AND their drug policy back.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1196412252699664384?s=20

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

joat mon posted:

That cloud you're shouting at is 4 1/2 years old.

I think he's more specifically referring to this from a week ago:

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I just have an insatiable lust for Slavic and Terrorist blood and a true desire to see nukes at least go back into testing so we can see 4K HDR nuclear explosions. If they’re over Moscow or Riyadh, all the better.

Which is kinda hosed up

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dwanyelle posted:

You can just use the ignore button too

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Meanwhile, 1994 called, they want their candidate AND their drug policy back.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1196412252699664384?s=20

This is what the face of "electability" looks like? I'm supposed to avoid becoming a "radical leftist" by supporting this on the basis that it can win a general election in 2019?

gently caress me running. Can this please be the final landmine he steps on that convinces people we need to actually change poo poo, not try to chase the mythical "moderate Republican" vote with these assholes?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The DNC just can't get it through their collective heads that Republicans don't vote for Democrats.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Shim is definitely a piece of poo poo but its overlooked because reasons so just ignore and move on please

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

A Bad Poster posted:

The DNC just can't get it through their collective heads that Republicans don't vote for Democrats.

Here's some supporters of decorum favorite Pete Buttgieg's spouse in New Orleans. Tell me whats missing from this photo.

https://twitter.com/Chas10Buttigieg/status/1196142077442220032?s=20

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Here's some supporters of decorum favorite Pete Buttgieg's spouse in New Orleans. Tell me whats missing from this photo.

I don’t care what you’re trying to say, Buttigieg has a lot of black supporters.

they’re just in Kenya apparently

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/18/pete-buttigieg-black-american-douglass-plan-kenyan-photo/

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Caption: "I turned the gamma all the way to max but I still can't see the black person"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://twitter.com/RuairiWood/status/1196367271389736960

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/AHoweBlogger/status/1196486754502664192?s=19

No real surprise here. I personally think this thing is still on a glide path for certiorari denial in a few weeks. Even in the worst case, it kicks the whole thing to the election season, plus if Trump wins, it's a solid reminder to everyone involved how important the election will be for potentially reversing the Supreme Court takeover.

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...

hobbesmaster posted:

Caption: "I turned the gamma all the way to max but I still can't see the black person"

There is one (1) Brown Guy in this picture, who bears an eerie resemblance to the "indian" actor in Short Circuit.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is pretty gross.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shim is definitely a piece of poo poo but its overlooked because reasons so just ignore and move on please

That’s how we got “GAS CURES KIKES” and “THIRD WORLD NI**ER” here for so long.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 18, 2019

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fallom posted:

That’s how we got “GAS CURES KIKES” and “THIRD WORLD NI**ER” here for so long.

To be fair when someone pointed out Third World the whole forum was like that gif of Weebay in the copy shop

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I think we all know that those names were in extremely poor taste and would likely preclude us from running for office if it ever got out. But I’m not sure why it’s coming up now unless people are gonna get banned for it or be forced to apologize for it or something.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fallom posted:

and “THIRD WORLD NI**ER” here for so long.

Wait, what?

Oh god yeah, that guy. His name didn't even register with me because he had some odd memetastic AV and I didn't think twice about it, since the ~edgy~ offensive names were generally in your face as all hell. I didn't even catch on for several posts after it was pointed out, at which point I was "Whaaaa...oh. Welp"

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 18, 2019

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sharknado slashfic posted:

To be fair when someone pointed out Third World the whole forum was like that gif of Weebay in the copy shop

Not really? That was a common codeword for the n word my entire life

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

I think we all know that those names were in extremely poor taste and would likely preclude us from running for office if it ever got out. But I’m not sure why it’s coming up now unless people are gonna get banned for it or be forced to apologize for it or something.

You don’t understand why I brought that up in the context of people saying to just ignore Shim?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

That Works posted:

I guess I didn't grow up with enough racists because I had never heard that term before in my life

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/hollyotterbein/...ingawful.com%2F

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That Works posted:

Maybe the surprise was influenced by geographic location or something but there were definitely a bunch of people seeing the FedEx arrow for the first time. Regardless, it doesn't matter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

good stuff

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

I guess I didn't grow up with enough racists because I had never heard that term before in my life
I haven't either.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
What was his name again?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Bored As gently caress posted:

What was his name again?

Third world reggin

I'd never heard it before either.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

drat, I just noticed that.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Chichevache posted:

Third world reggin

I'd never heard it before either.

Oh. Oh

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

You don’t understand why I brought that up in the context of people saying to just ignore Shim?

What do you think we should do about it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

For starters, don’t give people poo poo for calling him out and say they should just ignore him.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 18, 2019

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yeah wow now I remember. I had originally thought it was like Third World Reggin' (instead of Regging, ie registering).

That's... problematic.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Those posts are 4 years old

Mcnally what's the statute of limitations on posting

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fallom posted:

For starters, don’t give people poo poo for calling him out and say they should just ignore him.

Can we also talk about dqanyelle's alleged antisemitism?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Fallom posted:

I don’t think the CE thread should be used for this purpose though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

colachute posted:

I don’t think the CE thread should be used for this purpose though.

Weird to go from “I don’t understand the problem” to “what should we do about it” only to end up with “actually just don’t say anything here” but ok.