Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Frond posted:

Can you like a sport but absolutely despise it’s fanbase? That is my relationship with Soccer.

See also: Indycar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sulman posted:

This reminds me a bit of a /r/f1 thread I read where some Americans got uppity about the word oriental; the writer was british where it commonly means 'of the orient', but like SA it's predominantly American so probably easier to think about what you type, rather than risk being called racist when you explain what a word means.

If someone tells you a word is racist or offensive you should just say "thanks" instead of pulling out your dictionary, hth

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i really enjoyed watching the race this weekend

its p cool how a couple of mistakes thrown in with some good drivers starting from the back makes for a very interesting race

safety car restarts were legit good for quality of race too

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

Hey, you might want to avoid unfortunate typos like this in the future, just a heads up.

Holy lmao make iospace an admin

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sulman posted:

This reminds me a bit of a /r/f1 thread I read where some Americans got uppity about the word oriental; the writer was british where it commonly means 'of the orient', but like SA it's predominantly American so probably easier to think about what you type, rather than risk being called racist when you explain what a word means.

I'm British and I would never use the word 'Oriental' because that's some peak empire phraseology.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

lol jack miller got beaten by a rookie on a yamaha with two less engines than the rest of the field
and people were taking that jack to ducati petrux getting the boot rumor seriously

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Sulman posted:

Their constant sniping at F1 grinds my gears.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Sulman posted:

Basically don’t engage with the fans of anything you like because they are gonna be awful

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the paradigm shift posted:

lol jack miller got beaten by a rookie on a yamaha with two less engines than the rest of the field
and people were taking that jack to ducati petrux getting the boot rumor seriously

Uhh that’s because Miller loving owns and Pootrucci is worse than any posts I’ve read in this thread in the past two hours??

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Big Huski Boi posted:

If someone tells you a word is racist or offensive you should just say "thanks" instead of pulling out your dictionary, hth

They don't care, it's just internet flexing.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Frond posted:

Their constant sniping at F1 grinds my gears.

I think it's more the slightly provincial attitudes, and the talking down of their own sport all the time.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sulman posted:

I think it's more the slightly provincial attitudes, and the talking down of their own sport all the time.

I don't see people talking down about IndyCar anywhere near as much as IndyCar fans claim it happens.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

the kentucky quid posted:

Uhh that’s because Miller loving owns and Pootrucci is worse than any posts I’ve read in this thread in the past two hours??

yeah but it's ducati and he's Italian as opposed to miller who dropped the bike in Italy it was never gonna happen

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_GDGniGT3w

:flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap::flashfap:
:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

#BelieveInMcLaren

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

They missed a real opportunity to cut to Lewis in the canteen eating a sandwich an hour later and "Vs Hamilton +1" but that's still a really good video

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

That was great. I still don't know what to make of Sainz, he's obviously pretty decent, but his teammate is equally hard to fathom.

Hope they go well next year.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sulman posted:

That was great. I still don't know what to make of Sainz, he's obviously pretty decent, but his teammate is equally hard to fathom.

Hope they go well next year.

They're both good as hell

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

They are both also goofy dorks and hard to dislike

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
He could have been on the actual podium if he wasn't traded for a Honda engine.

E: I misremembered the timeline of events. Worth pointing out that while Sainz is fun and good, he finished behing Hulkenburg at Renault in 2018.

PhoenixFlaccus fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 18, 2019

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Big Huski Boi posted:

They're both good as hell

Alright, but midfield good or race-winning good? This was the first time I think Sainz really stood out this year. Not that being unspectacular is a bad thing - Prost made a career out of it, it does make them hard to gauge though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sulman posted:

Alright, but midfield good or race-winning good? This was the first time I think Sainz really stood out this year. Not that being unspectacular is a bad thing - Prost made a career out of it, it does make them hard to gauge though.

Title-winning good

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This is a good video full of good lads who mean well.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Big Huski Boi posted:

Title-winning good
You could say that about anyone though if they had the right car. I mean which drivers couldn't win in a Mercedes? If you assume Lewis isn't in the other seat anyway. Probably only KUB and STR huh?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
No one could beat Lewis.

Except for Max.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think Max could beat Lewis if he could keep from making mistakes. Right now though Max makes mistakes. He's not Schumi levels of ruthlessness + tactical thinking.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Ugh nvm

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You could say that about anyone though if they had the right car. I mean which drivers couldn't win in a Mercedes? If you assume Lewis isn't in the other seat anyway. Probably only KUB and STR huh?

vettel

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think Max could beat Lewis if he could keep from making mistakes. Right now though Max makes mistakes. He's not Schumi levels of ruthlessness + tactical thinking.
So does lewis under pressure. He's never looked comfortable racing Max and getting overtaken twice in one race like a punk is going to have made that worse in his head.
His half lunge at Albon was a move 2017/early 2018 Max would be criticised for making.

Lewis swanning away faultlessly at the front is entirely a function of him being there in the first place. He's had no challenger, except in 2016, which he lost.
Lewis lost the mind-games to Nico, and Max has already proven he's better at antagonising Lewis than Nico ever was.

It'll be a drat exciting season if they're ever consistently in similar equipment across it.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

McGuinty posted:

Did Baku welcome you, as it welcomed all of us?

Had to see this for myself, holy crap is Vettel broken. Not merely for his actions but twice asking what was dangerous about his driving :catstare:

Also Hamilton will not shut the gently caress up about safety cars.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

So does lewis under pressure. He's never looked comfortable racing Max and getting overtaken twice in one race like a punk is going to have made that worse in his head.
His half lunge at Albon was a move 2017/early 2018 Max would be criticised for making.

Lewis swanning away faultlessly at the front is entirely a function of him being there in the first place. He's had no challenger, except in 2016, which he lost.
Lewis lost the mind-games to Nico, and Max has already proven he's better at antagonising Lewis than Nico ever was.

It'll be a drat exciting season if they're ever consistently in similar equipment across it.

It’s a shame that Max is not able to motivate his team to deliver the goods like Lewis. Lewis shares in the win, is humble and gives credit where it’s due.

Max wins only for himself and to avoid being beaten by his father.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
leclerc needs to leave ferrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

Agreed on your assessment that Our Rossie is the best driver of the era. Godspeed you in your posting endeavors, friend.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

leclerc needs to leave ferrari

Ferrari needs to leave this planet

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx8_9rjdSg0

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Ferrari needs to leave this planet

gonna be hard with those suspensions

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Hell yes OP!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

:perfect:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Am I crazy for thinking this is in bad taste?

This question #poweredbyhonda

https://twitter.com/hondaracingf1/status/1196425228743847937?s=21

#obrigadosenna for letting me question if this multinational posting photos of their drivers on your grave is a bit cynical.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I ate at Texas de Brazil once. Looks like someone else did too.