Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ya, dont know if that was explicitly stated in the game, but thats been my headcanon so far

no, dont think about why chests that u opened during your vision are already opened during the real version, just go with it padawan

Clearly you just gloss over doing that since its boring busy work.

...don't ask about the dead bosses or solved puzzles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

JBP posted:

Have you tried cleaning your PS4 with a can of compressed air?

Is this a troll or is doing that something one is supposed to do? I have never cleaned my PS4 and have owned it for several years

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Huh there was a patch on PC just now, wonder what it did

e:

Fixed a texture flickering issue that would display on the screen while driving the AT-AT on Kashyyyk
Fixed an issue where the input from the arrow keys would sometimes fail to respond within menus.
Fixed an issue where Dynamic resolution settings would not save properly.
Fixed an issue where the game could become slow and loading times longer than expected.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

blue squares posted:

Is this a troll or is doing that something one is supposed to do? I have never cleaned my PS4 and have owned it for several years

He's joking as he had a lot of glitches on launch day which no one else was having so people said he needed to clean out his dusty PS4. But cleaning your PC/Console is usually a good thing to do to keep up performance.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I had that AT-AT texture issue. The ship at the end had a couple of black sunbeams shining past it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Thom12255 posted:

He's joking as he had a lot of glitches on launch day which no one else was having so people said he needed to clean out his dusty PS4. But cleaning your PC/Console is usually a good thing to do to keep up performance.

The game is super buggy and underdone. Nothing has changed since launch day. A lot of reviews mention all of this then just excuse it because it's single player star wars 9/10

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I mean I excuse most of them too because the game's fun and they're almost all trivial imo.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

JBP posted:

Have you tried cleaning your PS4 with a can of compressed air?

You are great. Never stop!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
TBF the game has had a little bit of rare hitching when exploring and some texture pop-in for me. But only a little bit. Doesn't ruin the experience or anything like that.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I am at the point where you backtrack from Kashyyk to the first planet, probably 4-5 hours in, and I haven't noticed a single problem on PC.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

JBP posted:

The game is super buggy and underdone. Nothing has changed since launch day. A lot of reviews mention all of this then just excuse it because it's single player star wars 9/10

The PS4 Pro performance is a bit sloppy on 4K, light flickering, texture pop in, blurry unloaded textures, loading pauses, but it's all just minor stuff. I would love to see a performance patch on PS4 because the video of the Xbox One versions looks way better. Game is really fun though, only had one issue with a respawn staying on a black screen for like a minute.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Oh and also the load times suck on PS4 standard HD. Awful.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JBP posted:

Jim Sterling’s review explicitly says what’s implicit in all these other reviews which is “holy poo poo EA released a game that’s just a video game, please for the love of god keep doing this”

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AxeManiac posted:

The PS4 Pro performance is a bit sloppy on 4K, light flickering, texture pop in, blurry unloaded textures, loading pauses, but it's all just minor stuff. I would love to see a performance patch on PS4 because the video of the Xbox One versions looks way better. Game is really fun though, only had one issue with a respawn staying on a black screen for like a minute.

The game is fun but the PS4 version does suffer a bit from UE and I think more importantly that the last two years have been action game heaven. It makes Fallen Order feel that little bit extra average. If they make another one I'm sure they can knock it out of the park because Respawn are very good, I just hope they get more time since this game is pretty ragged in a few areas. Notably the critter enemies, bland loot, uncharted/tomb raider elements that just don't feel that good and sloppy combat. If you compare this to the king of just blatantly stealing poo poo from other games, God of War 2018, there's a fair bit they might want to consider on another go round. I don't think they'd have lost anything by doing a more linear "you need a blue key to progress to a new planet" because of the lack of fast travel and world tree style hub system. I played the game in a linear fashion except for returning to the vault world to grab some extra stims.

hobbesmaster posted:

Jim Sterling’s review explicitly says what’s implicit in all these other reviews which is “holy poo poo EA released a game that’s just a video game, please for the love of god keep doing this”

His review was on point but I don't think begging EA for another game means you should say this is anywhere near the quality of Spider-Man, gow, Sekiro and DMC5. (Not referring to Sterling specifically here, but the general scoring of the game)

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 19, 2019

UnholyCow
Oct 6, 2005

I had zero bugs until the patch today and now it's crashing every 15-20 minutes while I'm trying to 100% some planets.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I went back and did that optional zone on Zeffo. The lore chunks were ok (even though they just explain what you can gather from looking at the environment) but the reward as with everything else is just raincoats and paintjobs. Not even an optional boss fight at the end with a force ghost or some other crazy poo poo to make you think "wow I'm glad I went and explored that area".

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After the second trip to Wookiee planet I have to wonder, why don’t games just make the “sprint” swim speed the default or at least make the regular speed not so loving slow. They have to know people are always going to be boosting right?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So far my only complaint gameplay wise is how long it takes between you asking BD-1 to throw you a stim and when he actually forks one over.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

JBP posted:

I went back and did that optional zone on Zeffo. The lore chunks were ok (even though they just explain what you can gather from looking at the environment) but the reward as with everything else is just raincoats and paintjobs. Not even an optional boss fight at the end with a force ghost or some other crazy poo poo to make you think "wow I'm glad I went and explored that area".

Just stop playing, op.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Kibayasu posted:

After the second trip to Wookiee planet I have to wonder, why don’t games just make the “sprint” swim speed the default or at least make the regular speed not so loving slow. They have to know people are always going to be boosting right?

Maybe so you don’t boost past the underwater crates? Other than that, bad design.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I'd rather swim fast all the time with a button to slow down for accuracy, than swim slow all the time having to repeatedly hit a button to speed up.

Or just make it a toggle between fast and slow.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just went to the spooky planet as a detour before Kashyyk and :psyduck:

I found a bench and figured "oh hey, an opportunity to check out my new styles/colours", turns out that this bench is where I arbritrarily fix my lightsaber to be a double saber? Not a single word of dialogue or anything, just suddenly boom I have a double bladed lightsaber.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

I found a bench and figured "oh hey, an opportunity to check out my new styles/colours", turns out that this bench is where I arbritrarily fix my lightsaber to be a double saber? Not a single word of dialogue or anything, just suddenly boom I have a double bladed lightsaber.

Yeah I definitely expected there to be more buildup to that. It was jarring how there was zero fanfare.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

list of things I want to fight in a jedi game:

other jedi >> cool droids > stormtroopers >>>>>>>>> space frogs, space goats, space dogs

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

Yeah I definitely expected there to be more buildup to that. It was jarring how there was zero fanfare.

I went back to vault world and got a cutscene and stuff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

SirSamVimes posted:

You're definitely supposed to get it on a return trip to Bogana. Cal mentions finding the dude's old lightsaber and attaching it to his in memory of him.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Apparently there IS a cutscene for the DBL but only if you specifically go back to Brogan immediately after Zeffo. It gives you the option to go to Dathomir but you can only get 1/3 of the way through it at that point. It’s extremely sloppy.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Jolo posted:

I'm having no luck getting this thing running smoothly on pc. The game stutters on all of the areas loading in and out as I run around so it's 60fps in a small area then big framerate dips anytime I'm running around. It's especially funny on any of the sliding bits because the animation is so herky jerky. The Giant Bomb quicklook on a ps4 pro had the same issue but it didn't seem quite as bad as mine on pc.

I'm still having this issue as well, none of the common fixes have helped. It seems like the patch may have made it worse because since the update, the game has also completely hard-locked my PC one of the times I was transitioning into a new area.

I really want to like this game but it's pretty loving annoying every time I die during a platforming section because the game just stops for 15-30 seconds to load in new assets mid-jump/wallrun/etc

astr0man fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 19, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

Apparently there IS a cutscene for the DBL but only if you specifically go back to Brogan immediately after Zeffo. It gives you the option to go to Dathomir but you can only get 1/3 of the way through it at that point. It’s extremely sloppy.

That's crazy, I just hit that point in Wookieeville and it was just like, huh...there it is. I feel like I'm always the game's suggestion of where I ought to be headed, and it took me right there.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

So you have to finish Bogano 1, go immediately to Zeffo, go back to Bogano, ????, go to Dathomir?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's crazy, I just hit that point in Wookieeville and it was just like, huh...there it is. I feel like I'm always the game's suggestion of where I ought to be headed, and it took me right there.

When I went to the navigation after my trip through Zeffo, Cere piped up and said "you know cordova hid a bunch of supplies and poo poo on Bogano, we should really take a trip back there" basically

There's two workbenches where you can get the DBL, the one on Bogano has the cutscene

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tarezax posted:

When I went to the navigation after my trip through Zeffo, Cere piped up and said "you know cordova hid a bunch of supplies and poo poo on Bogano, we should really take a trip back there" basically

Maybe she did and I lost it in the shuffle, I was usually doing a few things between conversations and heading to the next planet so I followed whatever main quest marker showed up on the holomap. Oh well.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kibayasu posted:

So you have to finish Bogano 1, go immediately to Zeffo, go back to Bogano, ????, go to Dathomir?

If you put off Dathomir until like way later the story progresses normally

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I didn't go to Dathomir until directed because I figured it would just be a bunch of poo poo I couldn't access yet

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I went right to dathomir because I felt like the game was calling me a pussy and daring me to do it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JBP posted:

Just to be clear here: you missed the giant yelllow stim box at the end?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Owlbear Camus posted:

I went right to dathomir because I felt like the game was calling me a pussy and daring me to do it.

Same, and apparently I was punished by missing out on what little story the game has.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

Just to be clear here: you missed the giant yelllow stim box at the end?

I had already opened it without traversing that area. I only had six stims when I finished the game anyway so even if I'd opened that one post game I'd have been like :toot:

I've got no idea when or how I'd opened that box but it was already open when I got out to the cliff after collecting my incredible bounty of three paint jobs.

JBP fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 19, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That reminds me, I should probably have more than two stim canisters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Captain Hygiene posted:

That reminds me, I should probably have more than two stim canisters.

The first planet has some easy ones. I got them then cruised through the rest of the game grabbing the ones that crossed my path.