Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Happy People the one about the peopel of the tiaga was reallly really fuckin good

it was about the people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MOM GET OFF THE PHONE

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Bulgakov posted:

fitzcarraldo is the better klaus-containing amazon-adjacent movie

and then after that you can watch burden of dreams

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i really feel bad for the mom of the xbox pooper

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Piss poo poo pee pee Doo Doo rear end

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so i do a twitch stream, and instead of playing games i put cameras on my radios or bench and we talk to people far off, or i solder up a circuit

i ran it for 6 months over last winter and it was a lot of fun. i made affiliate and had to sign tax forms with twitch. I don't care about the money but it's fun to randomly get a $102 check from twitch every 3 months and also i had to get an okay from my CTO because it's a """ side job """

anyways i had to stop over the summer because real life was bullshit and it was too hot over in the ham shack, but i'm bringing it back on sunday, with a bang

yall remember these things? maybe a dad or an uncle bought you one and you made some resistors smell funny and got bored and put it in the closet?

i just bought a fresh one

and i'm going to speedrun it

130 circuits, one twitch stream. i'm estimating 2-4 hours but may come in under that if i'm super swift

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite herzog moment is in his ski jumping documentary where he’s standing on the side of a mountain wearing a Dallas cowboys jacket talking about people slamming into the ground and dying while they prep for the ski jumps

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

slaughterhouse five was a documentary

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

BONGHITZ posted:

Happy People the one about the peopel of the tiaga was reallly really fuckin good

it was about the people

oh yah that one was is nice too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

herzog also really, really fuckin' loves wrestlemania

his best quote is probably when someone tried to explain to concept of pokemon go to him

quote:

"When two persons in search of a Pokémon clash at the corner of Sunset and San Vicente is there violence? Is there murder? Do they bite each other's hands? Do they punch each other?"

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Jonny 290 posted:

so i do a twitch stream, and instead of playing games i put cameras on my radios or bench and we talk to people far off, or i solder up a circuit

i ran it for 6 months over last winter and it was a lot of fun. i made affiliate and had to sign tax forms with twitch. I don't care about the money but it's fun to randomly get a $102 check from twitch every 3 months and also i had to get an okay from my CTO because it's a """ side job """

anyways i had to stop over the summer because real life was bullshit and it was too hot over in the ham shack, but i'm bringing it back on sunday, with a bang

yall remember these things? maybe a dad or an uncle bought you one and you made some resistors smell funny and got bored and put it in the closet?

130 circuits, one twitch stream. i'm estimating 2-4 hours but may come in under that if i'm super swift

This is extremely loving cool and I wish you the best

I kinda want to do it myself. I'm an EE but haven't wired a circuit in a lab in 6 years or so

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

still hope theres Mandalorian outtakes of Herzog contemplating the horrors of these star wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze9-ARjL-ZA

BONGHITZ posted:

i really feel bad for the mom of the xbox pooper

same ive seen youtubes of parents raising extreme autists and drat

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
bad lieutenant: port of call: new orleans

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jonny 290 posted:

oh right i saw you mention that in yospos (i assume it was there)

and those spring based kits are such a super clever design for wiring things up imo. enjoyed the heck out of them as a kid.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

fibblins posted:

Cloud 2020

crazy cloud 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

sunday u say...

ill do my best to remember

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmfao

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Jonny 290 posted:

cool

for your next project, have you considered wiring a car battery to stephen millers ballsack

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

i feel like cspam has an extremely disproportionate number of people who have watched the entire filmography of werner herzog and also david lynch compared to the general public

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alec Eiffel posted:

I’m forcing my gf to watch that tomorrow after she enjoyed fitzcarraldo

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Stereotype posted:

if you enjoy listening to static punctuated by incredibly grumpy recluses for only thousands of dollars and months of effort then you’re gonna love it.

I wanna talk to the ISS

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I had a really good night. Dating is great.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

it’s not going to get easier either. it’s just going to get harder every day until you die

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lorn Wayne posted:

cool

for your next project, have you considered wiring a car battery to stephen millers ballsack

why do that when i can pump 2.4 ghz wifi through a grey market chinese amp and surplus directv antenna and roast his scrote remotely

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

i feel like cspam has an extremely disproportionate number of people who have watched the entire filmography of werner herzog and also david lynch compared to the general public

nyone say David binch yet

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Mayor Dave posted:

my av does 90% of the heavy lifting for my posts

Boy I'm changing as soon as I find a worse av

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

BONGHITZ posted:

it’s not going to get easier either. it’s just going to get harder every day until you die

ah my daily morning motivation

who needs mindfulness apps

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Poniard posted:

no you’re the first

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Poniard posted:

i honestly can't remember so i'll give you credit

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No sign of trump the whole day huh

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

BONGHITZ posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Consummate Professional posted:

I wanna talk to the ISS

i've talked to the ISS multiple times (they have a digital repeater that will spam your SMS-length messages over its whole orbit), the space shuttle (fuckin' rip), Ronnie Milsap and the drummer from .38 Special.

I heard the King of Jordan on the air but didn't get to make a contact. He used an alias and just liked to get on his ham radio and talk to ordinary people who didn't realize who was on the other end.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

why do that when i can pump 2.4 ghz wifi through a grey market chinese amp and surplus directv antenna and roast his scrote remotely

hey you're the expert I'm just the ideas guy

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

No sign of trump the whole day huh

he dead

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Alec Eiffel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yDkoKoZdXY

fwiw

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jonny 290 posted:

I heard the King of Jordan on the air but didn't get to make a contact. He used an alias and just liked to get on his ham radio and talk to ordinary people who didn't realize who was on the other end.

lol thats so dorky and fun

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Donald Trump....... is dead!!!!!!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

herzog also really, really fuckin' loves wrestlemania

his best quote is probably when someone tried to explain to concept of pokemon go to him

i like his version of pokemon go a lot more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I had a really good night. Dating is great.

Wow, that was fast.