Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

HGH posted:

Wait why do we need casters, is there some nasty Assassin node in Christmas 2 3? Or is this about Salem?

Also I max ascended and leveled everyone I own. I feel an odd sense of emptiness now...

Level up all the skills and max all the bonds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Are we thinking Salem is going to drop after the Thanksgiving campaign?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

one of the campaigns has a gap of time on Dec 2 so the theory is that's when Salem drops

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

dogsicle posted:

one of the campaigns has a gap of time on Dec 2 so the theory is that's when Salem drops

looks like that puts us 4 days behind where japan was 2 years ago (their's was november 29th for the start of the salem banner).

Poor Caster of Okeanos and Nezha though. One of the only banners where there's no SSR rateup at all, and even if there were, given what we know about the next banner no one would be rolling on it anyway.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's def a weird choice to slap two general pool SRs on a banner alone lol. okeanos is good though so even a split rateup is alright for people who want her. i guess shinjuku did the same (but with storylocks) and the other EoRs just had relevant SSRs to recycle

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Wait caster of okeanos is SR? Neat, I'll probably through some tickets at that banner.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

dogsicle posted:

it's def a weird choice to slap two general pool SRs on a banner alone lol. okeanos is good though so even a split rateup is alright for people who want her. i guess shinjuku did the same (but with storylocks) and the other EoRs just had relevant SSRs to recycle

I guess that's the hidden cost of having half the story cast be FP servants.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Darox posted:

I guess that's the hidden cost of having half the story cast be FP servants.

lol, i didn't look at the support cast to realize that but it makes sense

(obviously they should've just made lavinia the other ssr, right???)

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
That reminds me. Was anyone else surprised that (Shimosa spoilers) there wasn't a 4 or 5* Sasaki Kojiro? That seemed like such an obvious time to introduce the "real" Kojiro.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

HGH posted:

Also I max ascended and leveled everyone I own. I feel an odd sense of emptiness now...

Welcome to the cool kids club! Now work on 4/4/4 or 6/6/6 everyone's Skills.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So I just upgraded my phone to an iphone 11 pro max and it lags like poo poo.

what the gently caress?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Kuai posted:

what the gently caress?

Yup, it's been a known issue for a while now, IIRC.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Since all of our logins got collectively wiped out on the same day, that means we all got a ticket today!

Here’s mine:

Wow!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Kuai posted:

what the gently caress?

So it turns out that the version of Unity the NA client is built on is old and doesn't jive well with the GPUs in the newer iPhones so until they give us the newer unity update we're gonna have to deal with it - it sucks so bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

Since all of our logins got collectively wiped out on the same day, that means we all got a ticket today!

Here’s mine:

Wow!

You got this Ishtar in one ticket but you couldn't save me some cash on Space Ishtar?!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I got spooked on the Gramps banner twice in a row by Ozy and Rider Martha. Is that good or bad luck, idk :negative:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

You got this Ishtar in one ticket but you couldn't save me some cash on Space Ishtar?!

Alas, I was absorbing all the Ishtar particles that whole time

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's not a huge deal since I've just finished Camelot but I did not know the upcoming Christmas event required Babylonia cleared to do it

It's just a bit farther of a gate than I expected for a holiday event but hey I am relatively new here :shrug:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Squiddycat posted:

It's not a huge deal since I've just finished Camelot but I did not know the upcoming Christmas event required Babylonia cleared to do it

It's just a bit farther of a gate than I expected for a holiday event but hey I am relatively new here :shrug:

There should be some time for Salem in between now and the start of Christmas. Babylonia's longer than Salem, but theoretically you should have time to get through it. Worst case scenario they'll rerun this Christmas next year and you can get Santilla then.

Ideally I'd recommend trying to get through Solomon as well if you can, the Part 2 prologue at the end of the year will require it. That one isn't limited time only like Christmas, but it's a big enough story event it's nice to play it along with everyone else.

Also, try to keep on pace with the story in the future, as part 2 has some events with fairly strict story gating. In particular, the Benienma new years event next year will require the 3rd part 2 story chapter despite it only having come out a month or so previous.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Nov 19, 2019

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Squiddycat posted:

If you cleared Camelot, then you should have the chops to clear Babylonia. It's not easy mind you, but after dealing with the Raw Spite of Nightless Gawain, everything else by comparison is simple.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Whoops, double post. Ment to hit edit, not quote.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
That being said, try not to hurry through Babylonia too quickly. It's generally considered to be the best chapter, so I'd hate to see someone power through it just for a repeatable Christmas event.

Enjoy it. Fate Grand/Order will seldom be as good.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

Also, try to keep on pace with the story in the future, as part 2 has some events with fairly strict story gating. In particular, the Benienma new years event next year will require the 3rd part 2 story chapter despite it only having come out a month or so previous.

tbf there are part 2 time gates as early as next year (and Sparrow's Inn is in 2021), Halloween will require LB2 completion and Samba Christmas requires LB1. so in general yeah, once you catch up to the story you want to stay on top if you can.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yeah, I wouldn't say I'm rushing anymore. I was a little when I was still trying to get that free 30SQ for clearing the final singularity, but I haven't skipped any cutscenes or anything on my way up to this point.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

dogsicle posted:

tbf there are part 2 time gates as early as next year (and Sparrow's Inn is in 2021), Halloween will require LB2 completion and Samba Christmas requires LB1. so in general yeah, once you catch up to the story you want to stay on top if you can.

I mean it's not like once you catch up to the story there will be any events going on when new story chapters are released.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Vengarr posted:

That reminds me. Was anyone else surprised that (Shimosa spoilers) there wasn't a 4 or 5* Sasaki Kojiro? That seemed like such an obvious time to introduce the "real" Kojiro.

quote:

Takeuchi: In old "Fate", it was the Kojiro Sasaki from the Musashi Miyamoto legend who was summoned, right?
Nasu: In old "Fate", yes. Though both were summoned by Caster, the Kojiro Sasaki in old "Fate" was the real deal. But during my 15 years since I wrote old "Fate", I've been able to read up some more on Kojiro's legends, and it turns out there's a theory that the legends are compiled from the feats performed by three different individuals. Based on this, I thought it would be interesting if this Assassin was a "Fake" Kojiro. If a Master were to try and intentionally summon Kojiro Sasaki, they wouldn't be able to because he didn't actually exist. As was suggested in the storyline, if there existed a giant database of humans, this swordsman would be the one whose data most closely resembled the profile of "Kojiro Sasaki". Through this process, this man's persona became that of Assassin's (Kojiro Sasaki's), and any accomplishment he achieved would therefore be attributed to Kojiro Sasaki rather than this random "nameless samurai". This "reality shift" of sorts is also why a mere human being was able to master a move like the "Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon (Tsubame Gaeshi)".

There is no "real" Kojiro in Fate. Which seems a bit silly when you have completely legendary figures being treated as having been real, but Nasu gets to decide who existed and who didn't in his setting. And the Kojiro in FGO was the same person as the one in FSN.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Factor_VIII posted:

There is no "real" Kojiro in Fate.
Well yeah this one isn't deaf.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Kojiro is low key one of my favourite bits of Fate insanity. Yeah, this random nameless farmer learned how to sword so well, he broke reality and achieved True Magic (or at least a limited facet of it but still).

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Censor Abigail so I can roll on her.

Sen-dart
Oct 9, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Here’s mine:

Wow!

Man Ishtar sure is loving to pop up on single rolls, did a random 3 quartz roll for the hell of it the other day and pulled her myself

Holy balls I need so many EXPs and mats now on top of Ishtar I pulled Shuten when trying to roll for Raikou, got spooked by Jack when rolling for Gramp and then he showed up himself, and I still need to get a bunch of 4 and 3 star dweebs up to. :shepface:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Ishtar took me something like 1430 quartz last year so I am very jealous of everyone getting her on singles

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
My niece was playing with my phone and now I have 30 less SQ and Enkidu.

Bad trade.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Good niece.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Viva la Niece!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Good niece, good clay.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Factor_VIII posted:

There is no "real" Kojiro in Fate. Which seems a bit silly when you have completely legendary figures being treated as having been real, but Nasu gets to decide who existed and who didn't in his setting. And the Kojiro in FGO was the same person as the one in FSN.

I guess that gets down to what Yagyu was saying--about how Musashi would never be able to face her rival, because no human could master an "infinite" sword.

It would take some kinda bizarro sword ghost to help her achieve the Void.

I juuuust realized that Shimosa was old man Musashi's dream all along :aaa:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

50% ready for the hell of xmas lotto, just need to scrounge another ~50m for Enkidu's mana burst and then run numbers to see how possible raising Moriarty to usability is.

i've also got one slot open at 111,489,815 extra-specially hmu if you're putting up a maxed NP2 Gil during the lotto

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

dogsicle posted:

50% ready for the hell of xmas lotto, just need to scrounge another ~50m for Enkidu's mana burst and then run numbers to see how possible raising Moriarty to usability is.

i've also got one slot open at 111,489,815 extra-specially hmu if you're putting up a maxed NP2 Gil during the lotto

Define maxed. Level 100? 2000/2000 Fous? Both?
Lotto node in Altera's Christmas is chock full of saber-class Servants, right? Shouldn't even a mere lvl 90 Gil eat those for breakfast?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Omobono posted:

Define maxed. Level 100? 2000/2000 Fous? Both?
Lotto node in Altera's Christmas is chock full of saber-class Servants, right? Shouldn't even a mere lvl 90 Gil eat those for breakfast?

plain ol lv90 1k fous 10/10/10 with interlude and rq completed
NP2 Gil just reduces the RNG/facecards needed on a lot of setups even before the saber node

there's a setup sheet that's been going around here, minor formatting/proofreading issues aside: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1448wbABDw8yAxHQtzg05uytlNmwSsaHIx-GmrtK-EqY/edit#gid=316046083

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Request sent, I should be able to max Golden Rule if needed.

Also :lol: at that 6 bonus CE setup.