Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Biplane posted:

Right wingers are loving dumb. They’re literally less intelligent.

Conservatives don't have a monopoly on bad grammar, but they're industry leaders on people who put spaces before commas or use them as ellipses. It's the pettiest possible thing to care about, but it drives me crazy regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Acute Grill posted:

Conservatives don't have a monopoly on bad grammar, but they're industry leaders on people who put spaces before commas or use them as ellipses. It's the pettiest possible thing to care about, but it drives me crazy regardless.

lol,,, u triggerd ,lib?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Don't forget about ending every single sentence with ellipses... That's one of the most annoying things for me... Like what do they think they're even trying to convey when they do this...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fister Roboto posted:

Don't forget about ending every single sentence with ellipses... That's one of the most annoying things for me... Like what do they think they're even trying to convey when they do this...

Talking like Ben Stein.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

This combined with using "hum" for "hmm" is like a stiletto straight through my eyeball

Yknow, like, "Gun control... hummm... when did you ever see a gun pull it's own trigger..."

I feel like I need to wash my hands after typing like that tbqh

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Boomers: Back in my day, we went to school and learned the 3 Rs, none of this safe space worthless snowflake poo poo.

Also Boomers: ,,,used to be we STOOD FOR THE FLAG.. ....guess obummer really WAS ......from AFRICA ha ha,, ,,makes you think...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What I "CAN"T" understand is how many Boomer's capitalize random Words,,, seemingly for "EMPHASIS"....and put others in "totally" unnecessary quitation mark's!!!!!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They try to type how they speak and aren't interested in any feedback.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Lead-addled brains.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
There was an episode of The FPlus I listened (can't remember if it's a recent one or I just recently listened to it) where they pointed out how it's actually harder to read "schizophrenic text" when it's not written with seemingly random punctuation and capitalization. Just seemed somewhat relevant.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

MizPiz posted:

There was an episode of The FPlus I listened (can't remember if it's a recent one or I just recently listened to it) where they pointed out how it's actually harder to read "schizophrenic text" when it's not written with seemingly random punctuation and capitalization. Just seemed somewhat relevant.

I highly suggest the stuff that Prestor Jane has on her blog on the subject. Seems like the punctuation could have actual meaning in the language they're thinking in the head that we're slightly picking up on without realizing it.

I wonder if I can get a masters in linguistics of schizophrenic english speakers, really round out my useless accreditation. Shoot for a doctorate of holistic medicine.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta
https://twitter.com/BBCNormanS/status/1196371786851651584?s=19

This is a BBC political editor

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Look, going to the pub at lunchtime and having a pint or five is a big part of British culture alright.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Fister Roboto posted:

Look,, I just read it... as if voiced by Christopher Walken

Let me tell you... at least ,it's more... entertaining.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/NigelBig/status/1196375408230440960?s=20
Real ones whipping out those the Allo Allo references.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Found some IOSM in the wild!

Seriously this is a level beyond bootlicking, it's like, injecting boot right into your veins.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Some people have spent way too much time in the post-industrial world and you can really tell.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Agents are GO! posted:

Found some IOSM in the wild!

Seriously this is a level beyond bootlicking, it's like, injecting boot right into your veins.

Where are the NRA/2nd Amendment nuts supporting the rights of a militia to defend themselves against a corrupt government? Seems like a lot of imagery from Honk Kong/Chile/Bolivia could be repurposed as “if they had guns, they’d be winning” marketing material. Obvs that’s not true but that wouldn’t stop the NRA.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

Where are the NRA/2nd Amendment nuts supporting the rights of a militia to defend themselves against a corrupt government?

Well, they're not white, so.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Cops don’t count as Big Government. Neither do The Troops.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Cops don’t count as Big Government. Neither do The Troops.

Yeah right-wingers understand that the cops will be on their side.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

cohsae posted:

Yeah right-wingers understand that the cops will be on their side.

The cops will defend right wing power structures but they'll happily bash the head of any Chud who their masters tell them has steppe out of line.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"The right of ME to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

The cops will defend right wing power structures but they'll happily bash the head of any Chud who their masters tell them has steppe out of line.

that's mainly a problem with mounted police

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Scratch Monkey posted:

"But I could never get my head smashed in by hammers" said Nail-Head Jerry.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Dear Strong Bad,...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/transpo01/status/1196538505788346368

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have no context for these, they're old screenshots found on my phone

And a good one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1196765315365056512

Republicans starting to learn the brands will always betray you

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1130648204582760448

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1196582160335069185

Lol at eating Bill Miller's in the state of Texas to own the libs

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

At least Hucks is fully aware that doing this will absolutely push for higher profits for the company. It's almost as if more people will by your products if you don't openly support bad groups. Funny that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it had a lot more to do with Popeye's than ideology.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

I have no context for these, they're old screenshots found on my phone

And a good one

There's a new thread title in here somewhere, but I can't decide.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"happy white genocide week bois" has my vote

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

"god dame lizards" sounds like something out of a 1920s period piece about lizards disguised as women.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1196765315365056512

Republicans starting to learn the brands will always betray you

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1130648204582760448

https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1196582160335069185

Lol at eating Bill Miller's in the state of Texas to own the libs

That fuckin thread

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dark Sith Lord Scummus: This dude is too damaged, too sick to be my apprentice. To him, crime is funny.

(ad hominem btw)

zoux has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Nov 19, 2019

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

"Ending funding to two christian charities that oppose same-sex marriage" is a fun spin on "Literally funding genocide."

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Goddamn, edit =/= quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Yeah, a lot of people seem content to leave it at 'funding anti LGBT groups' when the true context is 'funding groups who want to make being LGBT punishable by death'.