Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu56xVlZ40M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That owns, I love the physics exploits :3:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Soon robots learn to use physics exploits in the real world.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Elentor posted:

Slightly unrelated but https://artbreeder.com/ now allows portraits. You can finally crossbreed your photos with Nomura's drawings, style-transfer and Nomurafy yourself. Zippers optional.

Or vice-versa. Here's what it thinks of Seifer:

Detective Buttfuck posted:

I did George Costanza crossed with Jenova's headless corpse and it gave me this

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mixed Kefka with an oatmeal cookie and got this:

and

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:itwaspoo:

https://thiscatdoesnotexist.com/

e :stonk:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly that thing is

*meaty cracking noise followed by high-pitched screaming*

Captain Hygiene has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Nov 13, 2019

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea it gets pretty lovecraftian

Iä! Iä! Θiγs Cꬰı⁻ıꬰਜც!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

More books! This time I removed all book titles starting with a number and most parentheses from the dataset, because parentheses were usually used to mark which part of a series the book was, and there were several sci-fi and other books that had just numbers in the title. Emphasis mine, as usual. Somehow it's gotten much harder to find good entries; I've pondered this before but it really might be that with markov chains increasing the dataset size might make the results more predictable in a bad way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hempuli posted:

Eats, 1 Poodle, a Husband

Good to see the panda grammar author is still getting work

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hempuli posted:

More books! This time I removed all book titles starting with a number and most parentheses from the dataset, because parentheses were usually used to mark which part of a series the book was, and there were several sci-fi and other books that had just numbers in the title. Emphasis mine, as usual. Somehow it's gotten much harder to find good entries; I've pondered this before but it really might be that with markov chains increasing the dataset size might make the results more predictable in a bad way.
I wouldn't read Rednesday but I'd watch a Netflix or SyFy original of it.

Also some real nominative determinism on Ms. Bova

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Provocative Surviving School is just Battle Royale and every other high school death game that cribbed from it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Hempuli posted:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

:kimchi: It's wonderful! Amazing work!

Something I've been pondering with these simple markov systems is trying to augment their usefulness by making them somehow recognize certain simple tendencies in the source text. Like, what if the engine first went through the dataset and stored some basic data of "which word comes n words/letters after where we currently are", then checked the frequencies and remembered cases where the same word consistently came up a certain distance from another (or a specific string of letters?) It'd still be no match for the pattern-recognition of actual NNs, obviously, but at least it could add some semblance of that kind of logic, and, say, make correctly-used parentheses more common.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Supersonic Shine posted:

Provocative Surviving School is just Battle Royale and every other high school death game that cribbed from it.

It even has a certain "poorly translated Japanese title" feeling.

I feel like Glitter Baby Swap Miracle For To Hold is either a YouTube video title or a shovelware phone app. Maybe both.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Antivehicular posted:

I feel like Glitter Baby Swap Miracle For To Hold is either a YouTube video title or a shovelware phone app. Maybe both.

It makes me think "Christmas edition Harlequin romance".

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nyssa's Guide to Die

There was a time, in my life, when I'd read people's responses to Internet quizzes, and invariably someone would answer "yes" to "would you like to be immortal?". Occasionally someone would think about being a Vampire without second thought - and although a few novels in the 20th and 21st century would emphasize the growing apathy after a few centuries of living, and how boring eternal life would be! "Who wants to live forever", right?

Unfortunately after Twilight Zone knockoffs started making Every. Single. Episode. About people being forced to live forever in computers, humans kinda grew desensitized to the perils of immortality. It wasn't until the book "L'Immortalite: Madame Lalaurie and the Terrible, Horrible, Horrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad" was released that people realized the dangers of being immortal! Luckily, I am here, "back from the future", to give good God-fearing boys and girls across all periods of History solutions to the problem of eternal life!

First of all this guide has been auto-translated to the language most convenient to you! It uses my own smart-pun technology to cheer you up! You're welcome!
Second of all, I'm celebrating my 16 → 16 → 134 → 7 + 53rd anniversary next week! Congratulations to me! In reading this, you might be asking two things:

1) Why should I be heeding your advice if you're, like, alive and all?
2) Why would I be taking advice from someone so young??

And these are all valid questions! To answer your concerns:

2) I'm only this young in this time dimension! Yes, I know we are all immortal in the second dimension but I guarantee you I'm far older in the fourth and fifth time dimensions. Plus, I'm dead across all timelines in the third dimension! You won't find more experience than that!
1) I believe I already answered both questions! Hah, my mastery of time shenanigans knows no bounds. :)

Now let's get down to business! Let's clear some bad bad assumptions people make:

A) You do not need to worry about Closed Time Loops! Eventually entropy will break it in a higher time dimension! For your "$errornouniversenamegiven" universe apparently this takes a long time, but the great news is that it doesn't matter because Closed Time Loops feel like a single experience as soon as you get out! And when you get out you're usually dead due to the collapse of space-time as you know it! So really, you only get to experience it once.
ADDENDUM: As a corollary, people who decided to enter a Closed Time Loop during orgasm or sex are "hosed"! They must have felt so smart, before instantaneously dying! And they say "auto-erotic asphyxia" is dangerous, right? :newlol:
B) Quantum Immortality stopped being a thing in 1987. The universe saw you were on to it! Good job!

Okay, I believe we can now get to the guide.

a) On Afterlife: :pray:
* If you're in a Heaven 1.0 kind of experience then all you have to do is ask management to get out! I know it's really hard because you keep feeling wonderful and all feelings of boredom and apathy and repetitiveness are gone and everything feels exciting and there's no reason to leave. However if you're still "hell"bent on leaving Heaven but you can't find it in you to ask, all you have to do is to run out of the map boundaries, then after two trillion years falling you'll hit the Kill Plane. Easy!
* If you're in a Heaven 1.0b and that has been fixed, you will have to recite a number bigger than any number the memory can store. You might not know but they save these as real numbers instead of strings in the log! Be aware that the moderators know this and pay attention to anyone starting a sequence. A good trick to crash the system is just saying (shout where Caps apply) TREE of LIFE, a perfectly inconspicuous phrase, then finishing by saying "in base 22" and you and everyone else living in eternal bliss are immediately out! Good job!
* If you're in HVN tell Saint Peter you don't have any molly.
* If you're in some sort of Hell, the secret backdoor word is still "Shibboleet" but you have to pronounce it with the proper accent.

b) On being trapped in a simulation:
* Just wait, your universe will run out of gas eventually! You're welcome! :dance:

c) On being a Highlander floating out in Space long after the Earth exploded:
* This one is tricky! If you have supernatural regeneration keep scratching yourself to release atoms in the universe. Eventually you will add more atoms than the universe can handle and it will freeze. Good job!

d) On finding out time is circular in your universe:
* You need to solve the problem of hard-defining "Unit" and splitting yourself from your current self so your current consciousness is separated from the one that will be reborn as you a few trillion years from now. You will find it in the addendum 1-3, as the definingunit.doc file in the "On solving the hard problem of consciousness" floppy disk. You can find it next to addendum 2-1, "Sample magnets and how do they work". :)

Elentor has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Nov 19, 2019

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

this is my stand

e: disregard. this is definitely my stand

Mister Olympus has a new favorite as of 07:38 on Nov 19, 2019

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Hempuli posted:

:kimchi: It's wonderful! Amazing work!

https://thrilling-tales.webomator.com/derange-o-lab/pulp-o-mizer/pulp-o-mizer.html

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I just hope Hercule Poirot and the Jedi Academy is still canon after the Disney acquisition.

Elentor posted:

Nyssa's Guide to Die
This is excellent, and folks (mostly you, I think?) using those book titles as writing prompts is one of my favourite things about this thread.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not as in-depth but:

Return to Eat Friend Zone

Three months and ten pounds,
she says she wants to be friends.
I return to eat.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Woebin posted:

I just hope Hercule Poirot and the Jedi Academy is still canon after the Disney acquisition.

What? How could that be? Wasn't that the time where Yoda was allied to Sidious?

quote:

"Hercules Poirot and the secrets of The Jedi Academy, by Agatha Christie."

It was a sunny morning over Belgium
and Hercules Poirot was waiting to pick me up at the airport. I didn't have much to wear, just my jeans and a tee shirt.

The first thing I noticed about Poirot is that he had his own chauffeur, a tall man named Gautier.

"I think he wants me to drive him to the airport, just to let him know I'm there."

"I'm not allowed to take any money from you," Poirot said. "It's only for the chauffeur."

"Oh, I understand," I said, giving him my address. "I'll make sure he gets here on time."

"He's waiting outside, but he can't come in."

I didn't know whether to be excited or puzzled because I did not expect Poirot to have a so handsome chauffeur with him. It was rather odd, I must admit. I have always been attracted to people with a good figure. I like women with big breasts. They are beautiful and full of life. It was only when I realised that Mr. Levene, Poirot's chauffeur, was also a tall man that I got a little turned on. I had been walking behind a tall man and suddenly I realised that I could never hope to get past him as long as he was holding that small body up. He was so handsome that I could not help thinking how much I wanted to grab hold of it. My eyes were wide as I watched him walking on the road. As I looked at him more and more, I became more and more aroused.

Finally, I had to get up and clear the situation. "Hercules Poirot" I said. "I absolutely do not want to enter a threesome with you and your chauffeur" I added.

Hercules didn't budge. He took off his helmet and put it on the table. "You can sit down now" he said with a wink.

My car was in neutral, and I had just finished my breakfast, so I couldn't actually move my car. I was going to get out and walk home, but the two of them just kept standing there.

I tried talking to them, but they just stood there. The driver was clearly quite pleased with himself, so I decided to just sit in the car and watch, not really listening. After about ten minutes, the car started moving, and I could make out the couple.

"That's it!" I shouted. "We'll just walk home and forget all about this."

"Yeah, right." I was a little irritated with myself for going out of my way to do something nice, but I guess it was kind of my thing.

It was pretty dark when we reached the end of the alley. I saw the light from the cityscape in front of us and began to feel comfortable. I had never been to Seattle, but from what I had heard, the place was pretty cool. Even if they were just rumors. I'd definitely go to Seattle if I were ever invited to go there.

[...]

At home Poirot told me "Mademoiselle I really hope I did not offend you with my manners" and then went to the kitchen to prepare me a cup of tea. It tasted fine, not bad really but the taste was really strong, not like the tea that was served by all the English people when we arrived in Paris, with just a hint of sugar. Poirot had a way of using the tea to make it more delicate and I was able to appreciate it more.

The first day, we visited Poirot's home, the home of his father, a man who had died a few years before. He was always working at the house, but he never stopped being a family man and loved Poirot so much. His daughter was there, he was always very kind to her and she always did a wonderful job in the house. The only thing that bothered him was his inability to read a newspaper, because he couldn't stand the sound of it. But he'd get used to it.

While drinking my tea Poirot asked me "So Mademoiselle, your father wrote me a letter about the Jedi Academy being in danger of being closed"

There was a silent embarassing moment until I answered

"That letter must be from you"

Poirot turned to look at me, the light in his eyes made it look as if he was crying. I could see tears of sadness well up in his eyes as he put his hand over his mouth. "Please, sir I'm not a man of secrets"

Poirot was right, he wasn't a man of secrets.

Poirot's expression turned serious, "Then tell me, are you a Jedi Master?"

I looked at Poirot, and then back to Poirot.

"No" I replied, "I am not a Jedi Master"

Poirot looked like he was about to cry himself "What a shame... a man as skilled as you
could have been my apprentice..."

"I'm not a Jedi" I said, "My name is Luke Skywalker, and I am an agent of the New Republic."

"Oh, really?" Poirot asked, "You're in the Republic."

I smiled "Yes, and you're here to get my lightsaber!"

I held up the lightsaber "It's my personal one, I won it at a contest on the planet Naboo a few years ago. I was able to find it, in a shrine on the planet."

Poirot nodded "So you're a Jedi? And you want to use it?"

"I am!" I replied "I have sworn to protect the innocent and I will do that, no matter who it is
in front of me. That is why I chose to join you, my friend."

"I'm not sure I can trust you. We don't know much about each other, and this is the first time we've talked in years."

"There's a lot of things I don't know about you, too," I said, "But I think that's one of them.

If you'll give me a moment, I'd like to tell you more.

It's not your life I'm protecting, it's yours. I can't let the Force keep you trapped.

This world will soon be free from the Dark Lords that rule it,

and that is my goal.

You and me are part of that.

Chapter 2

Darth Sidious felt a shiver running down his spine. The force spake to him. His nemesis Hercules Poirot must have gotten a new apprentice, a gorgeous french lady called Lili. But what was that voice? Was it that of a man? Or was it of a woman? Sidious thought about it for a second, then said "no, I'm certain it is of a man. I am certain of it. My very essence is a man's essence. My entire body is a man's body." This revelation made his blood freeze in his veins. His face twisted into a hideous grin. "It will be a very long time before you and I see the light of the moon again."

"This isn't happening, Sidious!" he exclaimed. "This isn't real! It's not even possible! And you know what this means! It means we're going to meet again."

"This is a wonderful time of year for

"It will be a very long time before you and I see the light of the moon again."

"This isn't happening, Sidious!" he exclaimed. "This isn't real! It's not even possible! And you know what this means! It means we're going to meet again."

"This is a wonderful time of year for
the Sith," Yoda replied. "The old ways will come back into fashion." He pointed his head toward the eastern horizon and said, "And when the time is right, the new ways will also return."

A moment of silence fell upon the room.

"There was a time when we Sith would have been wise to give into the darkness," said Sidious. "But there's a much greater darkness to come. The old ways have been replaced by a new way of thinking."

Yoda, who had been waiting to see what Sidious was going to say next, finally spoke. "We Sith have

Yoda, who had been waiting to see what Sidious was going to say next, finally spoke. "We Sith have always been a race of warriors, even before the creation of the Sith Empire," he said. "This is what we have always done. The path to power is always the same – the warrior becomes the Sith Lord." The Jedi Master did not sound the slightest bit discouraged. "Now that you have found your new Master, the battle is over, Sidious," he said. "You have defeated the Jedi Order, and you are now the new Master of the Sith."

The Battle of Endor

After the death of Darth Sidious at the Battle of Endor, Darth Vader's apprentice, Luke Skywalker, was captured by Darth Vader on Endor. Vader killed Skywalker in the duel that followed. His body was returned to the Emperor's throne room to be destroyed.

Appearances

"You have defeated the Jedi Order, and you are now the new Master of the Sith."

The problem for Darth Sidious was that he knew that a Jedi academy was still operative in San Francisco on Earth, in the year 1898. And that they had, in fact, survived the destruction of the Jedi Temple.

Now, the Order's master would have to go to San Francisco for training, and also to find out who was responsible for the Temple's destruction.

"Darth Sidious," Anakin Skywalker intones in the first movie.

"Sidious, Master," Obi-Wan Kenobi says in the second.

But who were those mysterious words, "Sidious, Master"?

"A Sith Lord," according to the official Star Wars Encyclopedia, written by Michael A. Stackpole. "One who has become the master of a Dark Force nexus and is skilled in Sith magic."

What the heck is a Dark Force nexus? "A nexus is a space or plane where two or more galaxies are bound together by the pull of dark matter, with gravity acting on each galaxy. This dark matter is so dense that it forms a gravitational force." A dark-matter nexus is a type of gravitational attraction between two or more galaxies in which gravity acts on the dark matter. The two galaxies and the dark matter are so tightly bound together that gravity acts like a net, pulling on the dark matter and preventing galaxies from migrating apart. Dark-matter-dominated nebulae are thought to be formed from dark-matter-induced supernovae.

Advertisement

I'm still waiting for some of the other explanations for the dark matter to be answered. There's a possibility that the dark matter could be made of dark energy, but at this point, it's difficult to imagine what would be necessary to produce such a vast amount of the stuff.

In other words, my "evidence" that dark energy exists is actually evidence that dark energy is not the reason for the universe's accelerating expansion. As an aside, if dark energy is not the source of the expansion, then what is the "driver" of the universe's acceleration?

I have to say I find this very hard to believe. It seems like there is something else out there with all those forces and everything. I do not believe that it is the sun or something else like that. I do not even think it is something that is within our solar system. I think it is a whole other dimension that the rest of the universe is orbiting around, and I think that the only way to reach this other dimension is to be inside of the sun.

So the fact that dark energy doesn't fit with the sun being the driving force of the universe is a little surprising. It is almost like that the way the sun has evolved, that it is evolving into something that is a whole other dimension that we are orbiting

Darth Sidious now was going to confront Lili who just allied with the belgian detective Hercules Poirot.

Sidious: Yes. I have a meeting with the senator in a few days.

Lili: Ahh, I am sooo excited!

Sidious: Not your own business.

Lili: My business is my business.

Sidious: And your business is yours.

Lili: But I am a senator, sir.

Sidious: Now you're being a little pushy about it.

Lili: I've told you this already.

Sidious: I never listen to a thing I say.

Lili: I will not listen to you, sir.

Sidious: I am a senator, Lili Poirot. So you can talk.

Lili: "I am not Poirot, he is Poirot"

Poirot: "I am Poirot, Darth Sidious"

Sidious: "I am Sidious, Darth Sidious"

Poirot: "I am Poirot, Darth Sidious"

Sidious: "I am Sidious, Darth Sidious"

Lili: "I am not Poirot, he is Poirot"

Sidious: "I am Poirot,

Lili: "You are not Poirot, he is Poirot"

Poirot: "I am still Poirot"

In the scene, Lili, who is a very bad liar, says:

Lili: "What I saw was that someone had been dead there for ten years."

Sidious: "Lili, if someone had been dead there for ten years, it is not possible that I should not have been found there for ten years."

It is hard to say whether this is really Poirot or Lili's interpretation of the truth. If Poirot's voice is not coming from the phone then is he not really alive? Maybe Lili is the one who is not Poirot?

The parts in italic are the parts I reused from the previous input, in bold they are mine... next time I will try feeding more of the previous sentences.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

The fact that it was written by "His Forgotten Baby" makes the title extra funny to me. :D

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Headline Smasher, special gently caress the Police edition:

Kentucky Police Fatally Shoot Man Who Later Died

Man Shot by an Officer in Apparent Game of Tetris

Dallas Police Officer Shot a Man Who Body-Shamed Her at John McCain's Funeral

Tempe Cops Now Pulling Over Drivers to … Give Them AIDS

California Police Officer Dies After Ingesting Plastic Trump

Paul Batura: Cop With Truck, Tried to Kill a Great rear end

What % Evil Are You Based on Your Body Cam

Boy's Death a Result of an Officer Who Was Alive

In other news:

Philadelphia Airport Visitors May Have Medieval Origins

Kanye West Now Taking Public Stand Against Freedom

Andrew Yang Is Full of Hydrogen Car Emissions

Tennessee Man Prosecuted for Pro-Gun Sticker That Says "Daddy's Little Slut"

A Northeast Storm Will Intensify Into a 1,300-Foot-Tall Volcano

X-Rated G-Spot Ads Lead to Even Greater Loss of Catholic Identity

Sonic the Hedgehog Is Back, but More Queer

We Might Soon Be Forbidden to Do the Thing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*Al Pacino sheds a single tear*

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

loving SJWs!!!!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Just dropped the police headlines into the TRUMP thread, no one batted an eye. Goofy but spot on in our reality

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Nov 23, 2019

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It was covered by The Who & The Who II & The Who 3

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

*rubbin my clit & balls*

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Phlegmish posted:

It was covered by The Who & The Who II & The Who 3

Eagerly awaiting Who: The 4wakening with their hit, "Lick 'em Like You're Hot"

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Krankenstyle posted:

*rubbin my clit & balls*

Washing my balls four times.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What if you're out of Glorious Chilies, can you substitute regular ones?

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1199373556016132096?s=09

I'm enjoying her book a lot, although I just realised I forgot to pack it for my trip. Might have to double purchase it as an ebook.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I mean, it checks out, but it could perhaps have been more subtle about it

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

man this thing sucks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Friend posted:

man this thing sucks

lmao

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:confused:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ah, reverse psychology.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

It's discovered trolling, it's just not very good at it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Where's the link to that personality chat AI?