Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Imagined posted:

I'm sorry

nice hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jim Carrey as Baron Harkonnen

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Jim Carrey as Baron Harkonnen

Leave this one in the erg for the Maker.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
So somehow I completely missed the fact that Funcom is working on a Dune game based on Conan Exiles.

I had no interest in the later but I'm looking forward to screenshots of this new one

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So somehow I completely missed the fact that Funcom is working on a Dune game based on Conan Exiles.

I had no interest in the later but I'm looking forward to screenshots of this new one

Quest: Bring 10 Harkonnen Heart Plugs to Jamis and be rewarded with a Crysknife of the Sands

Kills 8 Harkonnen Troopers, none drop Heart Plugs, checks Dunehead, only Harkonnen Palace Guards drop Heart Plugs

Kills 10 Harkonnen Palace Guards

Runs back to Jamis, turns in quest

"Return to me when you have proof you've slain 10 of those water-fat Harkonnen pigs!"

Checks inventory, sees 3 Heart Plugs and 7 Heart Plug Fragments. gently caress

Kills 32 more Harkonnen Palace Guards and gets 7 more Not hosed Up Heart Plugs, but not before getting killed twice because not looking for respawns and then ganked once by some loving Saudakar

Turns in quest, gets Crysknife of the Sands, stats are worse than Crysknife of the Scirocco I'm currently using
OR
WTF? Jamis is dead, some rear end in a top hat named "Muad'dib" is standing over him, and when I try to turn in the quest he just says in turn each time I try to turn it in, "I am Usul, base of the pillar", "I have given water for Jamis", and "Stop shoving that gross poo poo at me, do you know where those Heart Plugs have been? Hint: it's in the name!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

skasion posted:

Momoa strikes me as a better fit for the Duncan(s) of books 4-6, by which point he’s morphed into an all-action wiseass sex god and is thus basically a Jason Momoa character anyway. Idaho in the first book is almost nothing like even the depressive clone of books 2-3 let alone what the character eventually became.

it doesn't really come across but that was Herbert's idea for the character in Dune, a Flash Gordon-ish space hero who is not at the center of the action. I guess it demonstrates the Atreides strategy of attracting and promoting the best people by being conspicuously worthy of their service. The man was born a slave, for pete's sake. How do you even escape a planet as a non-noble in this universe?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Admiralty Flag posted:

Quest: Bring 10 Harkonnen Heart Plugs to Jamis and be rewarded with a Crysknife of the Sands

Kills 8 Harkonnen Troopers, none drop Heart Plugs, checks Dunehead, only Harkonnen Palace Guards drop Heart Plugs

Kills 10 Harkonnen Palace Guards

Runs back to Jamis, turns in quest

"Return to me when you have proof you've slain 10 of those water-fat Harkonnen pigs!"

Checks inventory, sees 3 Heart Plugs and 7 Heart Plug Fragments. gently caress

Kills 32 more Harkonnen Palace Guards and gets 7 more Not hosed Up Heart Plugs, but not before getting killed twice because not looking for respawns and then ganked once by some loving Saudakar

Turns in quest, gets Crysknife of the Sands, stats are worse than Crysknife of the Scirocco I'm currently using
OR
WTF? Jamis is dead, some rear end in a top hat named "Muad'dib" is standing over him, and when I try to turn in the quest he just says in turn each time I try to turn it in, "I am Usul, base of the pillar", "I have given water for Jamis", and "Stop shoving that gross poo poo at me, do you know where those Heart Plugs have been? Hint: it's in the name!"

Paul, standing over Jamis' corpse: DEAD I AM THE ONE...

You: Please no, I just need to turn the-

Paul: EXTERMINATING SON

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Slam in the back of my Drag’Huluuuuuud!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
https://twitter.com/SecretsOfDune/status/1196889819856752640

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Dig through the sietches and burn through the witches and-

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Slam in the back of my Drag’Huluuuuuud!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Dave Franco as Feyd

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i swear to god if loving jared leto bribes his way into LOVELY FEYD, i will do something murdery

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

vivisectvnv posted:

i swear to god if loving jared leto bribes his way into LOVELY FEYD, i will do something murdery

Jared leto will send his castmates reproductions of sting's codpiece/underwear to "get into character"

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
he will also shoehorn feyds space emo metal band, Instant Travel from Ix

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Feyd will be Heath Ledger via cgi

We live in a sietch-ciety

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

vivisectvnv posted:

Instant Travel from Ix

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
it should obvioudly be a young, peak creep, michael pitt

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

vivisectvnv posted:

it should obvioudly be a young, peak creep, michael pitt

I initially misread this as michael cera for some reason and now I can't get the image out of my head.

FEYD: I WILL KILL HIM!

*Ron Howard Voice*: he didn't

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

we have just folded space from Ix

"alright what can i get yall"

yeah i'll have the uhhhhhh

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

magic cactus posted:

I initially misread this as michael cera for some reason and now I can't get the image out of my head.

FEYD: I WILL KILL HIM!

*Ron Howard Voice*: he didn't

Just trying to imagine cera all buff and shirtless is breaking my brain

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This Messiah Fucks!

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Now I get to be Mister Baron!

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Feyd and Paul in “Les cousins dangereux”

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Feyd and Paul in “Les cousins dangereux”

Lmao

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

priznat posted:

Just trying to imagine cera all buff and shirtless is breaking my brain

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lmao oh yeah I remember that now!!

Omg the nevernude shorts

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

priznat posted:

Lmao oh yeah I remember that now!!

Omg the nevernude shorts

As you know, the Imperium has never been able to take a census. But there are dozens of them. Dozens!

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

ChubbyChecker posted:

There's more than one book?

There’s two actually

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Doc Hawkins posted:

it doesn't really come across but that was Herbert's idea for the character in Dune, a Flash Gordon-ish space hero who is not at the center of the action. I guess it demonstrates the Atreides strategy of attracting and promoting the best people by being conspicuously worthy of their service. The man was born a slave, for pete's sake. How do you even escape a planet as a non-noble in this universe?
This makes Duncan's role in the accursed books somewhat less of an rear end-pull if he's supposed to be some kind of Kimball Kinnison motherfucker. In the books he mostly just comes off as The Other Sworn Man (Not Thufir, Not Gurney)

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Nessus posted:

This makes Duncan's role in the accursed books somewhat less of an rear end-pull if he's supposed to be some kind of Kimball Kinnison motherfucker. In the books he mostly just comes off as The Other Sworn Man (Not Thufir, Not Gurney)

Duncan is The Sworn Man Who Fucks.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Oh I love Premium Style games!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Not sure if it helps that 'premium' is app store for phone games you actually buy and usually have no further in-app purchases.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I look forward to joining and being surrounded by 900 identical male characters in their underwear named LovelyFeyd42069

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Nessus posted:

Kimball Kinnison
That's one hell of a pull, and also an incredible coincidence because I'm just finishing re-reading the Lensman series.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

D. Ebdrup posted:

That's one hell of a pull, and also an incredible coincidence because I'm just finishing re-reading the Lensman series.

how coruscating are the energy beams

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

sebmojo posted:

how coruscating are the energy beams
There's a whole shower of them!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

davidspackage posted:

Oh I love Premium Style games!

lol at marketing framing a game only in terms of how much people are going to pay for it, genius!

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

More showing the disconnect between the marketing team and the product.

:eng101: "Well what's the game like?"
:downswords: "It's gonna be great, an amazing experience, players will love it.
:eng99: "But what will they do? What's the objective?
:downswords: "Amazing, incredible gameplay. They'll get a premium experience. Unforgettable."
:eng99: "I guess that'll have to work."

Mr. Merdle fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 21, 2019

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_J9n8mgQaY&t=190s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Just realised the whole thing about the Atreides being 'actually be decent and likeable to attract the best people to your service' thing is basically a King Arthur and the Round Table dealio, and now picturing some kind of mashup. Def some Once and Future King themes, though maybe one where Arthur and Merlin are the same person.