Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

rabidsquid posted:

caffeine can increase blood flow to the face, it helps a lot with my sinus headaches but i have to make sure i get caffeine without dairy so typically no tea or coffee
neither of those should have dairy added to them hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AlphaKeny1 posted:

become a coffee snob like me and make your own that you can drink black

This really. I only ever put sugar or dairy in my coffee if the coffee itself isn't very good (or if I'm just feeling kind of indulgent). Thankfully my favorite roaster is just like less than 5 mins from my place so I have great fresh beans on hand all the time

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

little munchkin posted:

they're not on mtgtop8 either, you seem to have just imagined this

Oops, must have been something I saw on Reddit, disregard my nonsense.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yawgmoth posted:

neither of those should have dairy added to them hth

get on the milk tea train, choo choo (QQ)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

bubble tea is p good too

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
It's immoral to drink anything but water. And it is immoral to do drugs for a competitive advantage. Drugs are for festivities and numbing ONLY

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It's immoral to drink anything but water. And it is immoral to do drugs for a competitive advantage. Drugs are for festivities and numbing ONLY

Guys, quit playing with amphetamines while calling cola a blood thinner (I love you steve). None of you nerds needs a permanent heart problem or worse.

The chemical companion of choice for concentration is called provigil/modafinil and it's loving great! Fighter pilots take it to stay sharp on 6 hour plus flights and it's not a stimulant like ADHD meds (stay the Holy hell away from dexedrin etc) so it's nowhere near as rough on your body.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

PleasantDirge posted:

The chemical companion of choice for concentration is called provigil/modafinil and it's loving great! Fighter pilots take it to stay sharp on 6 hour plus flights and it's not a stimulant like ADHD meds (stay the Holy hell away from dexedrin etc) so it's nowhere near as rough on your body.

This is an absolute must for me to survive GPs because I have narcolepsy and this is a loving miracle drug that lets me function like my brain chemistry isn't hosed :smith:, I really wish others wouldn't abuse it because as a result it's unnecessarily difficult for me to get a legitimate prescription for an actual medical problem covered by any insurance plan.

BaronVonVaderham fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Nov 19, 2019

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

A spot of cream in your tea is a wonderful thing.

Doesn't belong in a thousand miles of coffee though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

BaronVonVaderham posted:

This is an absolute must for me to survive GPs because I have narcolepsy and this is a loving miracle drug that lets me function like my brain chemistry isn't hosed :smith:, I really wish others wouldn't abuse it because as a result it's unnecessarily on one of the strictest drug schedules and is consequently insanely difficult for me to get a legitimate prescription for an actual medical problem covered by any insurance plan.

Same but for all drugs, TBH, the scheduling system exists to punish minorities and poor people for wanting to be happy, not to protect us from the horrors of narcotics.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Yeah pretty much. There's actually a big thing I got in the mail on my desk next to me right now about a settlement relating to modafinil because of course they were fixing the price. Even with insurance I was supposed to pay almost $400 for a 30 day supply the first time it was prescribed to me. Now I have much better insurance and it's still in the most expensive tier on my plan.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ItBreathes posted:

Only thing that goes in coffee is more coffee.

Bust Rodd posted:

Same but for all drugs, TBH, the scheduling system exists to punish minorities and poor people for wanting to be happy, not to protect us from the horrors of narcotics.

For narcotics yes. But there's piles of medicine that are dangerous outside of its intended use, things like insulin or chemo drugs. We keep that stuff behind a prescription wall because if you think that dumb things like "miracle medical cure" (literal bleach) can produce dumb fake science, just wait until some quack has people taking chemo drugs to cure autism.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Standard still sucks, it's just esper piles being the thing now, because wotc is rewarding greed way too much and they gave esper an easy way to deal with any kind of problem permanent.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

rkajdi posted:

For narcotics yes. But there's piles of medicine that are dangerous outside of its intended use, things like insulin or chemo drugs. We keep that stuff behind a prescription wall because if you think that dumb things like "miracle medical cure" (literal bleach) can produce dumb fake science, just wait until some quack has people taking chemo drugs to cure autism.

Same with antibiotics that are overused as it is, imagine if that poo poo was available OTC. A bigger problem is crap like "prior authorization" that are much bigger barriers to getting drugs when your insurance company can just go "nah, you don't actually need that thing your doctor prescribed".

In news actually related to magic, I just found out my LGS is partnering with some guy to set up a separate "singles store" inside the game room (and merge their inventories to have better selection). The big win there is you don't clog up the front counter when people always come in with the decklist that won last weekend that they want to buy every card for, especially when they always want do that 5 minutes before an event.

They're also overhauling their event schedule....and now we get Legacy on Saturdays :dance:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Panzeh posted:

Standard still sucks, it's just esper piles being the thing now, because wotc is rewarding greed way too much and they gave esper an easy way to deal with any kind of problem permanent.

It's been like 16 hours dude, chill.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I played Bo3 for like 4 hours yesterday and saw an extremely diverse meta with tons of different Aggro, Control, and Midrange strats.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

ItBreathes posted:

A spot of cream can make lovely coffee more palatable. I can't write it off entirely.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Did this thread break or are the forums broken?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Sickening posted:

Did this thread break or are the forums broken?

Yes

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Panzeh posted:

A lot of people are trying esper again because it was unplayable before. Still not convinced it's good tbh, but it is fun to not be at an immediate disadvantage vs oko.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Panzeh posted:

lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Esper is gonna be awesome for the next few days. The beginnings of a new Meta are always very Aggro intensive, so control strats with tons of removal are gonna be awesome until the disruptive midrange strats settle on good builds to combat the control decks.

Then we’re gonna have another MC and the brewers will finish god’s work and we’ll all have new Netdecks to try out.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bust Rodd posted:

Esper is gonna be awesome for the next few days. The beginnings of a new Meta are always very Aggro intensive, so control strats with tons of removal are gonna be awesome until the disruptive midrange strats settle on good builds to combat the control decks.

Then we’re gonna have another MC and the brewers will finish god’s work and we’ll all have new Netdecks to try out.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of Fandom Legends today on one day's notice

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Framboise posted:

A spot of cream can make lovely coffee more palatable. I can't write it off entirely.

I prefer a healthy dose of sugar in my crappy coffee.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Flea Bargain posted:

Can someone link me to these well performing colourless Eldrazi and Izzet Phoenix decks running OUaT with no green sources? I can't find them on Goldfish, and would love to link them to a friend who called the card stone unplayable.
I haven’t seen any zero green source lists, but there is a temur Phoenix list with once upon a time and some other green cards https://arenadecklists.gg/temur-phoenix-the-best-pioneer-deck-nobody-is-talking-about/

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Panzeh posted:

I mean, that's Esper. White's the best color at dealing with most kind of permanents and Black nets them Planeswalker murder (and double down on creature kill) while Blue stuffs particularly problem spells before they resolve. Which is fine, because that's three colors, a range of colors should have a range of solutions and if the mana base is good enough to support that without issue, then the problem is Standard having too easy access to good fixing, not three colors combining to do stuff three colors should do together. (The problem with Simic was that with Oko and Veil, Green solved everything better then any one color had the right to)

Which, they don't have, really. Sure, we basically live in an era where every legal expansion brings some kind of fixing, but outside the shocklands, Standard's fixing is kinda slow. Most Esper lists look ripe for getting run under while they try to secure their presence but we're also leaving a meta where aggro just didn't work unless it had a ways to blow an opponent away through Oko and early-dropped Wicked Wolves and animated lands, which was a very specific build of Gruul and a very lucky grip of Black/Rakdos Knights. It's time to retune your aggro deck to NOT assume that any particularly threat will have to find a way to be useful as a 3/3 Deer and just punch an opponent as hard and fast as possible again.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Locke posted:

useful as a 3/3 Deer

:confused:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
He means Elk.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh gotcha, thanks for clearing that up

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/mtgo-standings/pioneer-challenge-2019-11-18#diemx_st_place

Mono black aggro has became more of a thing and I love it.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

BaronVonVaderham posted:

This is an absolute must for me to survive GPs because I have narcolepsy and this is a loving miracle drug that lets me function like my brain chemistry isn't hosed :smith:, I really wish others wouldn't abuse it because as a result it's unnecessarily difficult for me to get a legitimate prescription for an actual medical problem covered by any insurance plan.

Sorry! I usually just self medicate with MMJ but it used to be a LOT harder to sneak out in between rounds of a long tourney and provigil was the ONLY not amphetamine choice I found.

Now that I have a scrip for that and a portable oil rig I need that 100% less

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I love how every mono-B pioneer list looks like a complete pile and they’re still ruining people

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

New MTG survey from Wizards asks about a cyberpunk magic setting, returning to among others, Dominaria, Innistrad and.... Kamigawa?

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5109354/10db7359c442

I for one would kinda like to see Magic: The Shadowrunning, but I'm a weirdo.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 19, 2019

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I love how every mono-B pioneer list looks like a complete pile and they’re still ruining people

It makes me very happy to see that pile ride again

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

This decklist seems loving spicy too.

I want to also point out that brazen borrower being a mythic loving hurts.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
No Teferi in that list is nutso. The spell queller interaction alone makes it an auto include imo

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

sit on my Facebook posted:

No Teferi in that list is nutso. The spell queller interaction alone makes it an auto include imo

I would think that it would make the deck less aggressive. I think the deck wants to play a creature at 3, not a planeswalker. It should probably fit some in the 75 though.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Cactrot posted:

New MTG survey from Wizards asks about a cyberpunk magic setting, returning to among others, Dominaria, Innistrad and.... Kamigawa?

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5109354/10db7359c442

I for one would kinda like to see Magic: The Shadowrunning, but I'm a weirdo.

If they did it right, it could be amazing. Will they? No idea.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

that temur list is kinda spicy and I’m tempted to try it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
They could 100% recreate cyberpunk out of Magical elements and I hope they go that route. It'd be unsettling to see it played straight Netrunner, but Shadowrun would be cool.