Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/1196765926357684224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Also, what the gently caress is with Pete using yellow? Are they baiting CSPAM into piss tape photo editing? Are they just piss?

imaging the strategy sessions of suit-dummy campaign leadership

All like: fast food uses yellow because science says it makes people hungry

And then: yes yellow will make people hungry for Pete

Lone dissenter: yellow looks like piss

Everyone else: it's science, actually

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Boomers like loud yellow things?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

is this dork that played the plucky office prankster guy on the office?

The Office sucked.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Liking Panic at the Disco so much you make one of their songs your campaign song is disqualifying.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

all of mayo Pete's supporters seem like sheltered college sophomores (juniors if you count credits earned in high school) who went to STEM magnet schools.

Yellow works for them because it evokes the bus which whisked them to their AP paradise every day.

Bernie supporters understand the two noble truths of existence

1. School sucks

2. Work sucks

So bernie is the blue of the deep sky, which we toilers gaze toward in momentary wonder as we dream of a better life

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

Pete will lead us not left, not right, but forward to Carcosa

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Over Easy posted:

Also, what the gently caress is with Pete using yellow? Are they baiting CSPAM into piss tape photo editing? Are they just piss?

he is not subtle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_colour#Yellow

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All I want in life is to be able to live comfortably, enjoy some entertainment. These are simple demands, why is it so hard for capitalism to accept them, especially when selling those things is supposed to be their business model?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

All I want in life is to be able to live comfortably, enjoy some entertainment. These are simple demands, why is it so hard for capitalism to accept them, especially when selling those things is supposed to be their business model?

What's the point of moderate wealth if I cannot look down on someone who has nothing and is begging for scraps?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Over Easy posted:

it's not yellow, it's Heartland Yellow!

quote:

Yellow is big in Indiana. It is prominently featured in both the state flag and in South Bend's modern new flag – yet another symbol of the city's penchant for reinvention ushered in during Mayor Pete's tenure. It might be seen as a reference to gold found in local streams or to its golden wheat fields, but to us Heartland Yellow represents innovation–different people coming together in the heart of America, building on our industrial heritage to bring new ideas to life for the 21st century economy.

https://design.peteforamerica.com/colors

*fart*

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lmao the face obama makes

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

A Handed Missus posted:

it's not yellow, it's Heartland Yellow!

https://design.peteforamerica.com/colors

*fart*

Oh jesus loving christ I had forgotten about this

with the whole page devoted to the aggrandizement of his bullshit color palette

Of all the candidates, it is currently Mayo Pete and his mayonnaise minions who make me want to just not exist any longer

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

fits my needs posted:

Wasn't that someones Av for a while?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Claeys Cream
Claeys Candy is a family-owned company that makes Old-Fashioned American Hard Candy. Founded in a South Bend garage in 1919, Claeys Candy has been making high-quality treats in the city for 100 years.

Strato Blue
Strato Blue was one of the available colors in the 1964 line of Studebakers, an American automobile manufacturer founded and headquartered in South Bend, Indiana in 1852. Studebaker closed its doors in 1967 but still forms an important part of the local identity as can be experienced at the Studebaker Museum. The redevelopment of a former Studebaker plant is a cornerstone of the city's Renaissance District.

Calm Blue
Pete Buttigieg is unapologetically substantive yet salt-of-the-earth. He speaks plainly and intelligently about the everyday issues that matter to real everyday people. He is a rational thinker and a great communicator. Above all, he is a calming voice who can clearly explain how we can face the great challenges before us.

Rust Belt and Blue Sky
Like many midwestern American cities, South Bend’s landscape is a window to its past. Its weathered red brick structures are a testament to the region’s industrial heritage, its contrasting bright skies a persistent symbol of optimism and readiness to adapt to the changing winds of history.

Buddy Gold and Truman Brown
Buddy and Truman Buttigieg are the first dogs of South Bend and an important part of Pete and his husband Chasten’s family. You can learn all about the lovable pooches on their lively twitter account.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

man, a big "way to go" to the marketing firm that fleeced Pete on that bullshit

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I think if you asked the average Hoosier what the state colors are, they'd answer crimson and white.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Over Easy posted:

he's using the notre dame school colors

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nothing will get better for me under Mayor Pete. I haven't had a solid stretch of work in years and even before that it's been wildly inconsistent. I'm tired of filling out applications for jobs I'll never get. I'm tired of thinking death is preferable to the current state of the world. I'm tired of not being able to have anything.

Either give me full communism now or let me scam my way into a techbro ceo job.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1195748092974444544?s=19

:magemage:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Mayo Pete strategy session

"We have got it to telegraph that Pete is gay in a way that signals he is also bourgeois and boring"

"I've got it! *snaps fingers making wet fart sound* we take a color palette from a grandma's house and shoehorn in some biographical bullshit and call it design. Gays love colors. Gays love design."

At the head of the table lis smith nods approvingly, her mind drifts, as it always does to what her life would be like if Elliott spitzer didn't fall from grace.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Since when is this allowed? Nobody asked me, a white man, if this was okay! :v:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

The Muppets On PCP posted:

he's using the notre dame school colors

#1 school for water sports and I aint talking about rowing on the crew team

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

You stare into the succ too long and the succ becomes brainworms. Destroy it. Destroy the succ.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Over Easy posted:

It's actually the red that makes people hungry for fast food. :)

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

this one owns though. You can and should mute it though.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I'm seeing this video all over Twitter and it's kind of infuriating that that's as far as it'll go

if it were Bernie this poo poo'd be on MSNBC in primetime

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

gradenko_2000 posted:

There's always going to be some level of cross-over between a candidate's policies and "personal loyalty" to them, but there's definitely been a push to deliberately make it more about the latter, in order to paper-over the lack of good policies.

Id pol....

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Addamere posted:

It's actually the red that makes people hungry for fast food. :)

I'm thinkin' Arbys. Except not because they've gotten really expensive in the last few years.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

fits my needs posted:

The face of a man that knows she's never getting a show on Netflix if he can help it

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

now make one for MAS tears

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
people without healthcare tears

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
mayo butt getting 0% with black voters again

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1196523322722398212?s=19

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCRK25tiFU

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene
gently caress, Biden is going to win the primary and then lose to trump. that’s what’s going to happen isn’t it

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Addamere posted:

i just do not understand

This tweet was violence

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Dog Toothbrush posted:

gently caress, Biden is going to win the primary and then lose to trump. that’s what’s going to happen isn’t it

Nah. Biden is Hillary in 08. The entirety of his support is because of his "electability" so the second that he underperforms in a primary his support will crater.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/Ciara87C/status/1193268493560504320

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1196783788220657664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

He reached into his leather briefcase, sitting nearby, and produced a tiny notebook that was filled with the candidate's handwritten jottings. “I was reunited with [the quote] a few weeks ago,” he continued. “It was wasted on me in college but now is really striking.”

He proceeded to read James Baldwin's words aloud: “White people in this country will have quite enough to do in learning how to accept and love themselves and each other, and when they have achieved this—which will not be tomorrow and may well be never—the Negro problem will no longer exist, for it will no longer be needed.”

He closed the notebook, appearing satisfied. Yes, the quote was insightful and timely—but of course, I knew it would be as soon as he reached for it. In some ways it seemed as if the presidential candidate was still the eager (and eager-to-please) high school student who told his teacher Julie Chismar that he wanted to learn a language for every continent.