Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the speaker of the house thinks the president is some kind of doppleganger

she said he had imposter SYNDROME gym

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

empty whippet box posted:

Just actually got to tune in to Gym :qq: 'ing about the speaker calling trump an imposter, I just don't understand how this is relevant at all?

Bluh bluh conspiracy bluh bluh will of the people bluh bluh please ignore the impeachment polls.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
No, Democrats don't trust Trump, you loving bootlicker.

I know I'd eat a probe if I wished him harm, but I wish he'd lose his voice for a while so I wouldn't have to listen to his bullshit.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

empty whippet box posted:

The one trick the government doesn't want you to know about! Commit any crime! Order any murder! Get away with it simply by not using particular words while you directly and openly demand a crime be committed in front of multiple witnesses!

You laugh, but I'm convinced this is why Trump keeps congratulating himself on his "perfect phone call". He's done this sort of poo poo his whole life, crooked poo poo with his businesses but he crossed the t's and dotted the i's so that they're technically legal, or just the kind of illegal that you can't really prove in court. He's looking at the call transcript and thinking "yep, I made sure not to say specifically 'you have to investigate Biden if you want your aid package', so it's a perfect call. What is everyone complaining about? The magic words aren't there, ergo no crime."

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Is Gym going to ask a question or is he just jerking it to Trump right now?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hey Gym, maybe stop reading a tweet made in response to Sally Yates being fired.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Madkal posted:

Is Gym going to ask a question or is he just jerking it to Trump right now?

none of his other questions have gone well for him so he might as well spend the time auditioning for a new job, like to replace mulvaney

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Shut.

The gently caress.

Up!

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I have to turn my volume down. Like I'm not even upset about the content, just... speak in a normal tone Gym.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

evilweasel posted:

none of his other questions have gone well for him so he might as well spend the time auditioning for a new job, like to replace mulvaney

gently caress me. Don't joke about that poo poo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Trump loses, I cannot wait to watch Jordan response

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Trump loses, I cannot wait to watch Jordan response

Zell-Miller-esque screaming. forever.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i cant get past calling it an electoral landslide haha

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Gym just did a five minute "please love me daddy"

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016
Gym Jordan: wow the whistleblower waited 18 days to file a complaint

the irony of Jordan complaining at length about how crimes were reported is heavy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
lol, if I was testifying right now while Jim Jordan is babbling I would totally open my mic and say, "Do I need to be here for any of this?"

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

the guy spending 5 minutes congratulating and thanking Vindman was just trying to stall so we wouldn’t have to hear Gyms stupid voice for longer right

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Thank you, Gym Jordan, for summing up the current current plan to gaslight America in four points.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
God, I want nothing more than for any of these people brought in for depositions to answer Gyms bullshit with "Why dont you have this fervor for all the students who got raped under your watch?" Someone needs to say that to his face, I want to watch him melt.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I think it would be funny for the witness to point out that more people voted for Trump so really he is an imposter.

DebtBeat
Oct 17, 2016
also Jordan's rant is playing to an audience of one: Daddy

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

1glitch0 posted:

lol, if I was testifying right now while Jim Jordan is babbling I would totally open my mic and say, "Do I need to be here for any of this?"

LMAO I agree.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jim Jordan has got to be the most irritating person on this committee, but hearing him scream about Democrats not accepting the will of the people when Trump didn't even win the popular vote is driving me up the loving wall.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

Jim Jordan has got to be the most irritating person on this committee, but hearing him scream about Democrats not accepting the will of the people when Trump didn't even win the popular vote is driving me up the loving wall.

I mean he's all about the will of the people not being accepted, covering up all those rapes.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

1glitch0 posted:

He could have just got mic'd "okay boomer" to all of that

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Rep Welch: Investigate the Bidens you Republican cowards!

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
don't think Trump's "done it hard" for a few years now

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Kids table

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Whats Welch talking about re: 106 people dying and snipers on rooftops? I remember something a ways back about people protesting something, and apcs getting melted into the roads because of thrown molotovs. Is that what he's talking about? I can't remember what or when that was.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Maloney: "They're throwing spaghetti at the wall, to see what sticks."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

Whats Welch talking about re: 106 people dying and snipers on rooftops? I remember something a ways back about people protesting something, and apcs getting melted into the roads because of thrown molotovs. Is that what he's talking about? I can't remember what or when that was.

The 2014 Ukranian Revolution.

EDIT: Maloney bringing the fire, pointing out the GOP have not made any arguments on substance.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Maloney, really teeing up some very good answers from Vindman...

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Maloney is really good with this line of questioning

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Maloney: "They're throwing spaghetti at the wall, to see what sticks."

I would have used a more colorful analogy myself.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Vindman seems so hardcore straight down the line it's hilarious.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Maloney is crushing it

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Applause

Jordan must be pissed

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

1glitch0 posted:

Vindman seems so hardcore straight down the line it's hilarious.

He's everything beltway dorks love and admire, especially the "It's Lt. Colonel Vindman" bit.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

God why was there not a cut to Gym and Nunes during the applause.

WHERE'S THE PEZZAZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

When there are multiple spontaneous applauses by the crowd during an impeachment hearing you must realize you're the bad guy.