Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

For all the wrong reasons, Jupin's unending and tired Alex Jones impressions

It makes me laugh every time. :(

For me there's a massive list but the one I'll never forget that made me loving guffaw the first time I heard it and still does to this day is Cabin's "HO-ly poo poo!!!" from Easy Rider: The Ride Back. It's an all timer for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

AccountSupervisor posted:

Cant wait to see if they cover The Mandalorian for the inevitable Nick Nolte in Star Wars bits

They are going to do a full on Mandalorian recap show, it was announced on the Patreon feed.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

AccountSupervisor posted:

Cant wait to see if they cover The Mandalorian for the inevitable Nick Nolte in Star Wars bits

I believe that said they were on one of the gleep glossary episodes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, first Mandalorian episode will be on the free feed. All episodes after that will be at the $8 tier, I believe.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Evil Mastermind posted:

And man I loving lost it at the Adam Sandler/Dave Matthews conversation.

The way they kept escalating that gag had me doubled over laughing in the office. Thank god I have a door.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SporkOfTruth posted:

The way they kept escalating that gag had me doubled over laughing in the office. Thank god I have a door.

The Sims mod that replaces simlish with those impersonations is something I would download

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Chris seemed to heavily hint that Rambo - Last Blood may be one of the worst of 2019, but may be too repugnant to be covered on the show.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tato posted:

Chris seemed to heavily hint that Rambo - Last Blood may be one of the worst of 2019, but may be too repugnant to be covered on the show.

I totally forgot that movie even happened until this post

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Tato posted:

The plot synopsis makes it sound like the whole movie is just Stallone jerking off to all the cool hate crimes he wishes he could do, so I could see that.

The live AD that came out today has some audio issues, but it's still pretty funny. Krang trying to gently caress Shredder's mom is an image that will haunt me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crowetron posted:

The plot synopsis makes it sound like the whole movie is just Stallone jerking off to all the cool hate crimes he wishes he could do, so I could see that.

The live AD that came out today has some audio issues, but it's still pretty funny. Krang trying to gently caress Shredder's mom is an image that will haunt me.

rub my bump

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Crowetron posted:

The plot synopsis reads almost exactly like the plot synopsis/trailer for Exploder: Evacuator Part II from GTA: Vice City, which in and of itself was a Rambo parody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U4mvzp9Q5s

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Weird Dispatch today:

quote:

You're getting this email because we never want to lie to you generous patrons but one of the episodes we planned to do in Los Angeles wasn't able to happen—nobody's fault, just the way these things go sometimes—so we're gonna call an audible to the previously released schedule.

Did one of the LA shows get canceled? Or did they have a recording mishap like with National Treasure?

Henker
May 5, 2009

extremely online posted:

Weird Dispatch today:

Did one of the LA shows get canceled? Or did they have a recording mishap like with National Treasure?

I went to one of the LA shows on Sunday (Karate Kid), and the other LA show definitely happened because they mentioned some people went to both. I assume it's an audio mishap.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
The canceled episode was the Kazaam one, so I presume it was just scheduling issues with the guest.

extremely online
Mar 23, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

END ME SCOOB posted:

The canceled episode was the Kazaam one, so I presume it was just scheduling issues with the guest.

Yet another victim of the Mandela Effect, smh

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

END ME SCOOB posted:

I would have pledged my next paycheck to them if they would have gotten Sinbad on to do a deadpan serious commentary as if he were the star. I have no idea why someone hasn’t taken advantage of that opportunity yet and the boys would absolutely knock it out of the park

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think it just hits that unfortunate sweet spot of
"this sounds kinda lame and up its own rear end, like the sort of idea youd have on a comedy podcast...how about giving me more money"
"No sorry, youre sinbad and this a comedy podcast"

Lemon
May 22, 2003

What was the second bad joke Eric made at the start of the live Animation Damnation (not the car-toons one)? I couldn't make it out.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
It's here it's here it's here!!! :dance:

I was finishing an older podcast and was about to open my phone to pick a new one as it ended when it suddenly started playing a new WLM. Best surprise today.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I thought the picture they put in the latest Big Daddy Dispatch was great.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I thought the picture they put in the latest Big Daddy Dispatch was great.

Indeed. I still chuckle at the extended bit in the Garindan Gleep Glossary mocking the UP-dates.

"Zodiac. Yup. Still don't know."

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Great Eric line about the music in Terminator: "It's like a Nintendo tugboat coming in to dock."

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I like whenever (I think Andrew) does the Star Fox voices

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Another WHMism that's taken my vocabulary: "And I'm throwing up..." which is what I say to things that make me nauseous.

And I just relistened to the episode on I Know Who Killed Me which was a letdown the first time I listened to it because I wanted it to be as plotty and rich as their episode on The Butterfly Effect but it's actually full of so many good bits including an aside on Art Bell and a Ask Jeeves impression.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I havent seen zohan but i gotta figure all the gross israeli mossad hero stuff has to at least be ALMOST as problematic as chuck and larry.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Lemon posted:

What was the second bad joke Eric made at the start of the live Animation Damnation (not the car-toons one)? I couldn't make it out.

“wait! The doctor is a pig and the PATIENT is a quack?”

Chefs kiss dad joke yet again

Lemon
May 22, 2003

GPTribefan posted:

“wait! The doctor is a pig and the PATIENT is a quack?”

Chefs kiss dad joke yet again

That was a good'n but the one I'm thinking of was right at the very beginning, before they've even watched TMNT. It's after Andrew says we're going to get to see how the sausage is made. Eric interjects with something that causes groans but I just can't make it out at all.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Terminator is a great ep, especially Jesse Ventura as ClockBot.

I could almost hear the click-clack of e-mails being sent as Steve mentioned that Michael Biehn in the future war sure looks a lot like Solid Snake

From Wikipedia

quote:

The packaging illustration used for the retail releases of the game, which depicts the protagonist Solid Snake holding a gun, was traced over a publicity still of Michael Biehn posing as his character Kyle Reese from the 1984 film The Terminator.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I prounounce Gremlins like "Graham lynns" thanks to them

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I remember renting the og metal gear for Nintendo and being terribly disappointed the game didn’t look anything like the cover art. I was just a dumb baby back then though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I hope the Comicon announcer guy becomes a recurring character.

"Update: Michael Baen is now home. I saw his Instagram, and he's with his dog. Looks cozy."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm catching up on the Nexus and I'm absolutely dying. So loving funny.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm catching up on the Nexus and I'm absolutely dying. So loving funny.

Yeah, if the $8 level only had the Nexus, I would still pay it. It's just good.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Forrest Gump episode was great, although I wondered why they didn’t think it was believable he could graduate from the University of Alabama. He’s a good enough running back to make the All American team and go to the White House, and would have no problem attending classes and wasn’t causing trouble.

Even with his learning difficulties it’s believable the school would steer him towards classes he could handle and he could graduate with a GPA in the 2s somewhere.

University of North Carolina was committing massive academic fraud to keep their football team eligible into the 2010s.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, if the $8 level only had the Nexus, I would still pay it. It's just good.

Speaking of that holy poo poo this coming month's lineup is so stacked (which of course it would be for We Love Movies) that I can't decide which I'm most excited about but it may very well be the Nexus.

Episode 456 — Die Hard with a Vengeance with Jon Gabrus
Episode 457 — The Rock: Live in San Francisco
Episode 458 — Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Episode 459 — Gremlins
Episode 460 — Mad Max: Fury Road

Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Animation Damnation — Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964, Rankin & Bass)
The Nexus, WLM Full Episode Exclusive — Star Trek: First Contact
Gleep Glossary: Uncle Owen & Aunt Beru
We Love Movies Commentary Track: Predator (1987)
The Mandalorian Half Hour — Episodes 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Can't believe they're not doing the better Gremlins film

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cael posted:

Speaking of that holy poo poo this coming month's lineup is so stacked (which of course it would be for We Love Movies) that I can't decide which I'm most excited about but it may very well be the Nexus.

Episode 456 — Die Hard with a Vengeance with Jon Gabrus
Episode 457 — The Rock: Live in San Francisco
Episode 458 — Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Episode 459 — Gremlins
Episode 460 — Mad Max: Fury Road

I can't wait to rewatch all of these in preparation :allears:

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Shaq have used his dirty money and connection with the general to bury the KAZZAM episode for good ? Thats sad .

Violator
May 15, 2003

Man, Die Hard with a vengeance is such a great movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Holy poo poo what a great month