Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Sondland's hearing should be fun tomorrow morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Again, it's the 'audience of one' thing.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Castor's questions are making this worse. They should stop lol

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

of course trump only judges a head of state by the people directly around him

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Andronian posted:

of course trump only judges a head of state by the people directly around him

Why not? I mean, Trump only surrounds himself with the very best people, right?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

sinburger posted:

Oh poo poo guys, ratings are way down!

Someone must have been distributing talking points. Limbaugh was saying the same thing around lunch during the break.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

This is surprising bc his default expression is Rick Moranis:

Thank you! I'm glad someone else sees it. It's all I could think of every time I see the guy.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1196887394018058240

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Kermit the Frog rear end sounding lawyer.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

...is that all they got?

Cabbit posted:

Kermit the Frog rear end sounding lawyer.

It isn't easy being GOP.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

Again, it's the 'audience of one' thing.

Well, right, but as with many things the Republicans on this committee have said, it's not only irrelevant except as a message to Trump, it's also false, and easily provably false at that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

im gonna go with "social media person is too dumb to understand Volker is a GOP witness" on this one

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Castor smiled! When he mentioned Volker worked for free, he was like 'sly smile' for freeeeeeeeee

This is surprising bc his default expression is Rick Moranis:

I just see terminally ill Cory Lewandowski.

Or the twin from whom Cory stole all his nutrients while in the womb.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Majorian posted:

I just see terminally ill Cory Lewandowski.

Or the twin from whom Cory stole all his nutrients while in the womb.

low-rent Brian Unger from It's always Sunny...

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

just amazed at everyone involved testifying that Trumps brain is so broken that a secret channel had to be created so that they could tell Zelensky what Trump wanted to hear

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Andronian posted:

just amazed at everyone involved testifying that Trumps brain is so broken that a secret channel had to be created so that they could tell Zelensky what Trump wanted to hear

That's what happens when you have a moronic racist ride the wave of racism he helped generate all the way to the White House, and those already in the establishment scramble to have the system function in some capacity for him and his whims.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

zonohedron posted:

Well, right, but as with many things the Republicans on this committee have said, it's not only irrelevant except as a message to Trump, it's also false, and easily provably false at that.

At risk of beating a dead horse, facts don't matter at all anymore. We know they're full of poo poo, and so do they, and this administration began the first thing on the first day in office with an easily provably false statement about inauguration attendance.

Being easily proven false doesn't matter at all.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol

https://twitter.com/BarbaraComstock/status/1196911378818359297

she would know something about republicans doing moronic things that don't play well with voters

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Castor now making the case that there was nothing inappropriate about moving that call to the compartmented system.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oooh an instruction not to answer! Interesting.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Lol, "your character assassination attempts are not relevant to this hearing"

Edit:

They are really trying to go after vindman and paint him as disgruntled.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh good, more attacks on Lt. Colonel Vindman's character, that's surely a winning proposition.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Man, I'm really curious about those "other concerns."

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Angry_Ed posted:

Oh good, more attacks on Lt. Colonel Vindman's character, that's surely a winning proposition.

Let's go after the heavily decorated career guy, this can only end well for us! :downs:

Clowns, all of them

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

im gonna go with "social media person is too dumb to understand Volker is a GOP witness" on this one

I think with the GOP it's actually fair to assume the complete opposite of Hanlon's Razor. "Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by malice"

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

yeah when thinking about talking to lawyers you should always just consolidate all concerns to one person because it would be easier, that wouldn’t be any problem whatsoever

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Andronian posted:

yeah when thinking about talking to lawyers you should always just consolidate all concerns to one person because it would be easier, that wouldn’t be any problem whatsoever

Yeah that was such a sketchy as gently caress answer. Morrison sounds like he was covering not only his rear end but someone else's as well.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Angry_Ed posted:

Good call, doing them while he's not on the stand.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
recess time tends to be 15 mins, yeah?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

recess time tends to be 15 mins, yeah?

They said 10, so by congressional time that'd be 15-20 probably :v:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

They said 10, so by congressional time that'd be 15-20 probably :v:

As if we needed more proof that government is inefficient.:argh:

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

like, was Morrison making the implication that he would have STOPPED Vindman from going to the lawyers? I'm just, extremely mad at everything he said about Vindman. What a dick.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Lol, at the camera continuing to roll when Meadows goes "off the record"

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Mark Meadows (R-NC) just declared he wanted to go off the record while live on CSPAN. Is that a verbal tic for congress people at this point?

E: I'm watching CSPAN3 right now and the camera was lingering on Mark Meadows as he chatted with reporters. Now it's going between crowd shots of people milling about during the break. Are there spots for congress people to stand that the cameras will focus on them, or was that the camera person's own decision to focus on Mark Meadows' conversation?

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 19, 2019

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Andronian posted:

like, was Morrison making the implication that he would have STOPPED Vindman from going to the lawyers? I'm just, extremely mad at everything he said about Vindman. What a dick.

No because he also went to the same lawyers. He's just upset that he didn't have the opportunity to frame it without an underling messing it up.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/1196922333375668224

quote:

“In Russia, my act of expressing my concerns to the chain of command in an official and private channel would have severe personal and professional repercussions and offering public testimony involving the president would surely cost me my life. … Dad, my sitting here today in the U.S. Capitol talking to our elected officials is proof that you made the right decision 40 years ago to leave the Soviet Union and come here to the United States of America in search of a better life for our family. Do not worry, I will be fine for telling the truth.”

— Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, in his opening testimony before the House Intelligence Committee

This was either a lovely, inspiring reminder of the great hope that America has to offer, or a statement laced with deep, bitter irony! Stay tuned for which!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

just got back, sounds like I missed the GOP's own witnesses admitting the core of the allegations against Trump?

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Jesus today is bad for Rudy and Sondland. Even the Republican witnesses are rat loving them.

Its like the moral quandry of changing tracks, do you hit 1 person or do you hit 5?
Well in this scenario Volker and Morrison are crucifying Rudy and Sondland to the track, and then making the train run over them.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

eke out posted:

just got back, sounds like I missed the GOP's own witnesses admitting the core of the allegations against Trump?

Yeah, and sondland has no legs to stand on, so he either perjures himself (again) or amends his testimony (again) to throw trump under the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

eke out posted:

Morrison is being shifty, Volker called every single GOP actually it was anti corruption"
talking point a "conspiracy theory" multiple times