Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gay Horney posted:

so is mewtwo in this game or not? he was in the first list of cut Pokémon but some places are saying he was datamined and other places are saying he's in. where is he.

He's part of the 35 Pokemon that are in but aren't available yet. So you have to either wait until an event or until Home comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Failed catches on raid pokemon is the biggest of buzzkills. Just watched a 5-star Butterfree go :byewhore: out of an Ultra Ball.

Got a Psychic TR out of it though I guess...

Do we know what the raid dens count as? Do Dusk Balls get amped up?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The Bee posted:

Fair and valid. Mr. Mime is definitely a standout among 3D models among the old generation. But look at Typhlosion for a counter-example. They massacred my boy!

TBH this one has always confused me. Like, there's nothing about being a model that prevents Typhlosion from being on fire. There's plenty of other mons that are still on fire! They just... decided not to on Typhlosion, for some reason.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Has anyone seen or gotten any pokemon in the Mamoswine line out of a raid battle? Trying to figure out if it's possible to get his hidden ability right now.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

CubeTheory posted:

Has anyone seen or gotten any pokemon in the Mamoswine line out of a raid battle? Trying to figure out if it's possible to get his hidden ability right now.

I've gotten a swinub

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

CubeTheory posted:

Lake Miloch during snowy weather I thought? You should be able to see a "yellow glowing" one if it's a strong spawn right?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I've gotten a swinub

Does it have it's hidden ability/would you be willing to breed and trade me one?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

CubeTheory posted:

Does it have it's hidden ability/would you be willing to breed and trade me one?

At work at the moment, but if it does I will let you know

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

TeenageArchipelago posted:

At work at the moment, but if it does I will let you know

Thanks

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

You can't trade online even with Friend Codes w/o Switch Online, right? I really need a Star Sweet and the electric/ice fossils. The Digger Bros. are useless and have only gotten me 2 fossils I already have over 12,000 Watts :argh:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Eh, there's an option to choose number-codes so you can hook up with your friends easier. I don't remember if I have Switch Online or not, but you can trade with friends, for sure.

I honestly think you just need an internet connection; I hadn't touched my switch in at least a year and a half: all the online features are active.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I'm gonna give this latest entry a go and give myself something to do during lunchtime.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
So I beat Sword last night, caught the box legendary and defeated Hop for the last time. More than anything else, I have a question:

Is Bede the least competent Rival (or at least rival-adjacent) character in any Pokemon game? He sure feels that way. Hop was always fairly easy (well, I almost lost the final fight, but aside from that he was mostly very easy), but he was never as trivial as Bede consistently was.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

MoaM posted:

Eh, there's an option to choose number-codes so you can hook up with your friends easier. I don't remember if I have Switch Online or not, but you can trade with friends, for sure.

I honestly think you just need an internet connection; I hadn't touched my switch in at least a year and a half: all the online features are active.

Well, in that case: Does anyone have a Star Sweet, ice, or electric fossil? I want to evolve my Milcery and also make an Arctozolt. I can trade you a Strawberry Sweet or a fossil or something.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

So I beat Sword last night, caught the box legendary and defeated Hop for the last time. More than anything else, I have a question:

Is Bede the least competent Rival (or at least rival-adjacent) character in any Pokemon game? He sure feels that way. Hop was always fairly easy (well, I almost lost the final fight, but aside from that he was mostly very easy), but he was never as trivial as Bede consistently was.

Bede is a stand in for the British ruling class: posh, incompetent, and a bedephile

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So do Dynamax Pokemon respawn in the dens after a while or do you have to use a Wishing Star to bring them back?

Also is there any way to get PP restoring items in this game?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Larryb posted:

So do Dynamax Pokemon respawn in the dens after a while or do you have to use a Wishing Star to bring them back?

Also is there any way to get PP restoring items in this game?

I think I've picked up some Ethers in the Wild Area, and there's always Leppa Berries from trees.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Well, The Vault was a huge let down. I was expecting a small museum like in... most of the games. Instead I got 4 plot relevant tapestries and that's it. :(

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Once you clear out all the active dens, new ones will respawn. It also resets at midnight. PP restoring items are usually rare. Your most reliable source is probably shaking down trees for leppa berries.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Riatsala posted:

Well, The Vault was a huge let down. I was expecting a small museum like in... most of the games. Instead I got 4 plot relevant tapestries and that's it. :(

they stuck the game dev cameos in a random hotel room lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Super No Vacancy posted:

they stuck the game dev cameos in a random hotel room lol

This is also where you get all 3 charms (catching, eggs, shiny) in case anyone's curious.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
So is there a way to check your Pokemon's happiness anymore besides when they start curing themselves and self-focus sashing?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Do Eevees show up in the grass on the overworld or do I have to run around grass and get a surprise encounter for one on route 4?

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
So, of the Pokémon with Galarian forms, which can we get in their regular forms? There's trades for a standard Meowth, Mr. Mime, and Yamask. Are there options for acquiring standard Zigzagoon, Darumaka, Ponyta, Corsola, and Farfetch'd?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

TheHan posted:

So is there a way to check your Pokemon's happiness anymore besides when they start curing themselves and self-focus sashing?

That's actually affection, which is a different mechanic. The happiness checker is in Hammerlocke.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Does your Pokémon's level have any effect on max raid battles? I'm trying to reset the dens but I'm stuck on a hitmonchan that keeps KOing 4 Pokémon by turn 3 and ending the battle.

Can I just go in overpowered?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Does your Pokémon's level have any effect on max raid battles? I'm trying to reset the dens but I'm stuck on a hitmonchan that keeps KOing 4 Pokémon by turn 3 and ending the battle.

Can I just go in overpowered?

Maybe try bringing in something with will-o'-wisp or the electric paralyze move in forgetting the name of. Or a Gyarados with hurricane and intimidate? No clue on your question though

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Leal posted:

Do Eevees show up in the grass on the overworld or do I have to run around grass and get a surprise encounter for one on route 4?

Just the grass, and it's a real low encounter rate to boot.

I could flip you a boy eevee (my girl eevee stock is really low atm) if you'd like?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Why does poor sweet Marnie have to be the first person I have to fight destroy in the semi finals :smith:

edit: Oh. She was literally the only fight before Hop

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 20, 2019

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

YggiDee posted:

That's actually affection, which is a different mechanic. The happiness checker is in Hammerlocke.

:psyduck: I've never even heard of affection. I was hoping there's a Pokemon that evolves by eating a ton of curry but guess that's out the window.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Mizuti posted:

So, of the Pokémon with Galarian forms, which can we get in their regular forms? There's trades for a standard Meowth, Mr. Mime, and Yamask. Are there options for acquiring standard Zigzagoon, Darumaka, Ponyta, Corsola, and Farfetch'd?

According to Serebii, there are no in game trades for those, so they are most likely currently transfer only, unless events are planned.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Found a list on reddit of things you can do/obtain once you complete the game including a couple of free Pokémon:

- Epilogue (you're not done until it says The End a 2nd time, I've seen people miss the last bit)
- Enter Hop's house and go to Leon's room to find a pokéball with a charmander capable of dynamaxing when it evolves
- Go to Budewdrop Hotel, take the elevator and enter the first room on the left to see a cute little Marnie cutscene
- Pick up a Type:Null as a gift from the girl in the Battle Tower
- Talk to the man that sells daily bargains in Stow-on-Side to get a beast ball
- Battle Marnie at Spikemuth for her rare league card
- Battle Oleana in Galar Mine for Rose's rare league card
- Talk to Ball Guy outside of Motostoke arena for his league card he insists is rare
- Beat Leon in the Battle Tower for his rare league card. He will appear every number of matches
- Talk to the Police officer in a room in the hotel on the right in Circhester, he will give you the Oval Charm if you beat him (increases the chance of eggs being found in breeding)
- A man in the lower parts of Motostoke will teach Duradulon Steel Beam
- Talk to the man near the lighthouse in Hulbery City to rewatch the credits
- Once you have all of the data in your pokédex, go to the left hotel in Circhester, take the elevator up and talk tot he doctor in the room furthest to the left for the shiny charm

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Wolfe Glick just posted a method for resetting for ditto raids. Not sure how effective it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf8-o0-MNKE

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Macaluso posted:

Why does poor sweet Marnie have to be the first person I have to fight destroy in the semi finals :smith:

edit: Oh. She was literally the only fight before Hop

Who does Hop fight before you anyway? Aren’t you, Hop, and Marnie the only gym challengers left at that point?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Found a list on reddit of things you can do/obtain once you complete the game including a couple of free Pokémon:

- Epilogue (you're not done until it says The End a 2nd time, I've seen people miss the last bit)
- Enter Hop's house and go to Leon's room to find a pokéball with a charmander capable of dynamaxing when it evolves
- Go to Budewdrop Hotel, take the elevator and enter the first room on the left to see a cute little Marnie cutscene
- Pick up a Type:Null as a gift from the girl in the Battle Tower
- Talk to the man that sells daily bargains in Stow-on-Side to get a beast ball
- Battle Marnie at Spikemuth for her rare league card
- Talk to Ball Guy outside of Motostoke arena for his league card he insists is rare
- Beat Leon in the Battle Tower for his rare league card. He will appear every number of matches
- Talk to the Police officer in a room in the hotel on the right in Circhester, he will give you the Oval Charm if you beat him (increases the chance of eggs being found in breeding)
- A man in the lower parts of Motostoke will teach Duradulon Steel Beam
- Talk to the man near the lighthouse in Hulbery City to rewatch the credits
- Once you have all of the data in your pokédex, go to the left hotel in Circhester, take the elevator up and talk tot he doctor in the room furthest to the left for the shiny charm

What’s the Epilogue? Just catching the box legendary?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Larryb posted:

What’s the Epilogue? Just catching the box legendary?
That whole thing with Swordbro/Shieldbro that ends with you catching your box legendary and fighting Hop with the other one.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Is there any way to trade specific things with people? I would love to roll all starters but the only luck I have had with the mystery trade is to get the water starter I already have back?

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Wolfe Glick just posted a method for resetting for ditto raids. Not sure how effective it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf8-o0-MNKE

Update: this works. Just got a 5 star ditto on my 11th or so reset

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

dude789 posted:

It looks like level has something to do with the catch rate of pokemon. I've had a couple of instances where a higher level pokemon is much more difficult to catch than its catch rate using the old games formula would indicate. Conversely it seems like catching lower leveled pokemon is much easier and critical captures are more frequent if the wild pokemon is a lower level. It kind of sucks if you're rotating pokemon to keep from getting over levelled but find one of your favorites in the wild area who out levels you.

I noticed this too. If a wild Pokemon is like half (or less) the level of my active Pokemon, I can toss basically any ball and capture it without a fight. On the flipside, if my Pokemon's level is lower, I have to drat near paralyze the enemy to catch it.

Makes me wonder if so many people complain about catch rates because they're punching up. I'm over leveled to hell and my catch rate is like 90% often without a fight. Pokeballs acting like Quick Balls sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is a loving pro tip

Also

quote:

I did this and she just handed me the league card without battling.

RatHat posted:

Who does Hop fight before you anyway? Aren’t you, Hop, and Marnie the only gym challengers left at that point?

There’s some rando who’s still in.