Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Relin posted:

you wont trick ME into watching pp3

i was really hoping that guy in 2 wouldnt betray after all but he did in the banal predictable plot turn possible

I was too. He seemed like the kind of fun pseudo-villain that was gonna look at the bad guy's plan and go "lol, loving amateur, I'm gonna poo poo on his day for fun!". But, no, he had to be boilerplate goth Oedipus :sigh:. Nevermind just fundamentally not getting how the Sybil gestalt is meant to work with their avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I really like the way Stars Align shows characters' personalities with different styles of playing, in addition to that great ed. Good show!

Btw, I'm having a little dilemma wrt the thread I've made. It seems that goons don't have the need to discuss this show and I'm wondering if I should just let the thread fade into obscurity, try to keep it alive just in case, or just close it altogether and share my thoughts somewhere else?

(the thread's here , come say hi if you feel like it or whatev)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

no reason to close it, just post what you thought of each episode and maybe youll get some replies

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I feel a bit silly being the only poster in the thread though :sweatdrop:
I probably care too much anyway

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

macabresca posted:

I feel a bit silly being the only poster in the thread though :sweatdrop:
I probably care too much anyway

Just post!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sometimes there's just not a lot to say about a show even when it's good. If you want more thread content to post you might look up official twitter accounts for the show or people involved with the show and see if they're posting about it, sometimes you can find commentary or bits of trivia that way.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
All right, thanks for the responses :keke:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/avary/status/1196117244134096896?s=21

lmao

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I'm definitely going to watch Stars Align, and I loved the first episode, but I didn't want it tying my stomach in knots once a week for 3 months. I gotta wait and binge it like I wound up doing with March Lion.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Understandable, but the show is not that hardcore. The last episode featured 0% drama and 100% tennis gold, for example.

Well, by hardcore I don't mean it doesn't drop emotional bombs on you, but it does weigh them out with lighter stuff

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
HEY HEY HEYYYYYY
https://twitter.com/Haikyuu_EN/status/1196401552950513665?s=20

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
A quick summary of the last two episodes of Babylon for those who aren't watching this masterpiece:

First there's an episode dedicated almost entirely to a dry political debate about the moral, social, and economic repercussions of making suicide more acceptable in society. This ends with a politician we're told is experienced and relatively savvy announcing his party will be running a 10 year old boy in a mask who was an internet meme as their candidate for mayor. At which point the opposition candidate stands up and proclaims "I'm perfectly okay with this. After all, that boy is MY SON!" everyone gasps. Roll credits.

Then in the next episode like 90% of the cast shoots themselves in the face.

mod edit: The spoiler tags are your friend.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I had sort of been planning on watching that but none of that actually sounds good at all.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This week's Babylon was so bad it made me remember it was by the Kado guy

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That ending was so bad it briefly trended on Twitter in the west.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I enjoyed the first two episodes of Babylon, but that sounds like I shouldn't be continuing.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I watched the first couple episodes of the animal loving wrestler program and it didn't really blow me away. Is anybody watching it? Does it pick up or does it mostly keep on as it was?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm laughin' but let's be real: it's a very stupid anime

i wouldn't exercise yourself if the gags aren't landing for you

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

I watched the first couple episodes of the animal loving wrestler program and it didn't really blow me away. Is anybody watching it? Does it pick up or does it mostly keep on as it was?

It pretty much stays at the same pace as the first couple of eps, so if it wasn't grabbing you, there's probably not going to be anything to change your mind on it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I guess it's probably my fault for having unreasonable expectations. I was kinda hoping it would be like the animal husbandry version of Delicious in Dungeon; if these creatures were real how you would go about taming them. Instead of just suplexes.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I thought having a luchador as an MC would've been a longer lasting appeal. Alas, it does not (still sorta enjoyable, but nowhere near as funny as Konosuba).

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Wark Say posted:

Yeah, I thought having a luchador as an MC would've been a longer lasting appeal. Alas, it does not (still sorta enjoyable, but nowhere near as funny as Konosuba).

Yeah, Kemono Michi is basically a few gags run into the ground. The anime is still better than the manga though, which started in media res for no good reason. It just flat out skips the character introductions.

The third manga by the Konosuba guy is much better though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I for one cannot possibly believe that a modern isekai show would have one joke and that's it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Can someone spoil what happened with babylon that was so bad, bitte?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Can someone spoil what happened with babylon that was so bad, bitte?

there's a big rear end spoiler above on this very page

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it was a normal episode of babylon

babylon isn't a normal show but idk, i feel like people are reacting more to the rather reductive post (that also kinda spoils the ep, so thanks guy) than anything else

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

btw they're re-airing the previous 7 eps of babylon from here on, so we don't actually get a new one until december 29

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

I for one cannot possibly believe that a modern isekai show would have one joke and that's it.

To be fair, Cautious Hero at least knows how to tell the joke well. It also understands that if it's only got one punchline, then it's gotta keep the setups nice and fresh to actually still land. (See also; One Punch Man).

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, Cautious Hero at least knows how to tell the joke well. It also understands that if it's only got one punchline, then it's gotta keep the setups nice and fresh to actually still land. (See also; One Punch Man).

One Punch Man also plays it straight sometimes - the ramifications of Saitama's power and how it affects him and others is often taken seriously. This really helps the series, because it existing as more than just a joke helps keep the audience interested in seeing how things will play out.

Cautious Hero might also do this but I've yet to watch it. It's on my to-do list but there's like 50 other things too so who knows if I'll actually get around to it.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Cautious Hero is very mediocre. I haven't dropped it yet but I'm watching it mostly out of inertia.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It is a series of very good funny face gifs and still images surrounded by pretty bad show.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Terrible Opinions posted:

It is a series of very good funny face gifs and still images surrounded by pretty bad show.

Yeah that about sums it up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Terrible Opinions posted:

Yeah I'd agree with that. Ristarte really is what you're sitting down to watch rather than the intended protagonist.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Okay cool, I guess I haven't been paying enough attention because I thought it was better received than that. One less thing on the list.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
if you all you want is the goofy ristarte faces just watch the two other shows the animation director's done that kind of significant work on, soushin shoujo matoi has the exact same style on display and girls' last tour is just an actually good show all around that adds a lot onto existing good material that makes it worth watching even if you've read it already

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Just rewatch girl's last tour anyway

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

boredsatellite posted:

Like I sorta enjoyed cautious hero, but you can never go wrong with this.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Zinkraptor posted:

Okay cool, I guess I haven't been paying enough attention because I thought it was better received than that. One less thing on the list.

i think most of the discussion moved to individual threads but in general yeah it felt like people liked these shows and then stopped talking about them without saying if they were bad or w/e

but tbh a lot of the isekai stuff getting praise this season felt very much like grading on a curve to me, when i read the posts

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

boredsatellite posted:

I loved Girls' Last Tour, and the OP and ED are still in rotation, but just thinking about the show bums me out. I'm not quite sure how someone fashioned a couple of moe blobs into a perfect delivery vehicle for existential angst, but I'm damned impressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because the phrase 'moe blob' is a lie foisted upon you by the cishet male normative establishment