Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/jengriffinfnc/status/1196940230055645184?s=21

Get hosed, war criminal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

thank loving god

eat poo poo forever

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

somebody isn't special

any

more

:cabot:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
This flies in the face of prevailing sea lawyer wisdom your crows can fly away but your warfare pin can't

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

For once in a blue moon, good on NSW for doing the right thing. I wonder if that E-7 can still carry the SO rate without the Trident or if he has to crossrate?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Some good news for once.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nick Soapdish posted:

For once in a blue moon, good on NSW for doing the right thing. I wonder if that E-7 can still carry the SO rate without the Trident or if he has to crossrate?

he can be a yeoman or a cook

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

I’d guess that he’d go back to what ever rate he was before completing BUDS. A Seal team I worked with had a guy within the team loose his trident and he went back to being a GM. He was kicked out there after so it was more of a temporary status while the paperwork caught up.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Smiling Jack posted:

can they just make him burn shitters forever

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Smiling Jack posted:

Just don't spit in his soup

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Is there a reason to pardon someone like this other than to try and win the military vote back for the next election? Like was there any question to his guilt or anything? Or was it pretty open and shut? Or just cuz trump said warcriming was cool during his campaign so hes following through now?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Stravag posted:

Is there a reason to pardon someone like this other than to try and win the military vote back for the next election? Like was there any question to his guilt or anything? Or was it pretty open and shut? Or just cuz trump said warcriming was cool during his campaign so hes following through now?

Fox News said he wasn't guilty

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There's no reason to pardon someone like that. Because it spits in the face of international warfare and relations. But it plays well on Fox because OUR PRESIDENT is righting the wrongs of our corrupt justice system preventing ARE TROOPS from fighting terrorists.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stravag posted:

This is one of his most confusing behaviors. Very, very few in the military actually support decisions like these. There's like, some ultra-specific group of super chud outside the military that thinks there's no such thing as a war crime but that seems rare even among chuds.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stravag posted:

Someone who wants to gently caress with the tenuous stability that may exist in any areas occupied/being visited by the US military now or in the future probably told him to pardon blatant warcrimes so they can then start blaring "they pardon their atrocities" propaganda into the ears of whoever is being occupied.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Y'all are way over-thinking this.

Its "The black guy did x, I'm going to do opposite"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The thought process that goes into these decisions is very simple. It's "they people they killed were (probably) terrorists, what crime is there in killing them?"

Now on the other side of things, by that logic, 9/11 was completely justified. The people cheering those pardons on are broke-brained morons.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Remember the 2016 GOP debates where they were trying to outdo each other to support / advocate for more warcrimes?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

His wife has the "Can I Speak To the Commander-in-chief" haircut.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Fallom posted:

This is one of his most confusing behaviors. Very, very few in the military actually support decisions like these. There's like, some ultra-specific group of super chud outside the military that thinks there's no such thing as a war crime but that seems rare even among chuds.

That ultra-specific group of super chud is the Trump base and it controls the GOP.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Stravag posted:

The Cruelty Is The Point

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Assign him to a NOSC in uh Nebraska or something.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
birthday officer at thule

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Recruiting duty in Puerto Rico.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

Too pleasant weather.

Buffalo NY

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Too pleasant weather.

Buffalo NY

gets to experience small joys as a bills fan

cleveland, OH

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gets to experience small joys as a bills fan

cleveland, OH

Goddamn that’s cruel.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Y'all are going at this wrong, make him have to be a Milton. Assign him to the basement where his only job is to be there to answer a random phone and nothing more until he quits, gets written up enough, or has a psychotic break

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

A Bad Poster posted:

the US has killed enough Puerto RIcans, please keep your war criminals.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Assign him to the Navy Det at the US Disciplinary Barracks, Ft. Leavenworth.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Send him somewhere where he's likely to gently caress up in a non-murder sort of way. Then take his retirement away.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

Assign him to the Navy Det at the US Disciplinary Barracks, Ft. Leavenworth.

Meta.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Casimir Radon posted:

Send him somewhere where he's likely to gently caress up in a non-murder sort of way. Then take his retirement away.

We already said recruiter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah theres no fate worse than recruiter

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

In that position he'll exclusively recruit kids who like to hurt animals.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

LingcodKilla posted:

Assign him to a NOSC in uh Nebraska or something.

you keep him the gently caress out of this state

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

hobbesmaster posted:

This makes the "top 1%" part a clever statement to have. If the top 1% is this bad, how bad is the other 99%!

If we're talking about field grade officers, you know the answer to that.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Put him on Baker Island, or one of the uninhabited atolls that are considered ours.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

does mcmurdo station have any full time duty postings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

FAUXTON posted:

does mcmurdo station have any full time duty postings

Don't do that to those scientists