Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Yeah I almost never try and catch pokemon higher level than mine, and thus have not had much issue catching things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Snowmankilla posted:

Is there any way to trade specific things with people? I would love to roll all starters but the only luck I have had with the mystery trade is to get the water starter I already have back?

You can link trade with a random person online. I got the other two starters by putting up my starters.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Marnie and Team Yell cheering me on is just the best. Why is Hop even in this game

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
so, wait, the game's thematic message is "climate change is fake and we should keep doing what we're doing"? uhhhhhhhh

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ungulateman posted:

so, wait, the game's thematic message is "climate change is fake and we should keep doing what we're doing"? uhhhhhhhh

Isn't it more like "oil is an evil dragon that wants to kill everyone"?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Incoherence posted:

That whole thing with Swordbro/Shieldbro that ends with you catching your box legendary and fighting Hop with the other one.

Speaking of which I just caught my box legendary Zacian in a heal ball and she has a perfect nature and accompanying traits......I won't lie I've had stupid good luck this game.

Macaluso posted:

Marnie and Team Yell cheering me on is just the best. Why is Hop even in this game

gently caress if I know, he really doesn't add much.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I'm just some scrub grinding through the midgame lvl 40s and such. I want to trade some Pokemon to evolve them up is there a Discord or something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Axetrain posted:

I'm just some scrub grinding through the midgame lvl 40s and such. I want to trade some Pokemon to evolve them up is there a Discord or something.

Sure is

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

What the hell? Why does Drifloon learn freaking shadow ball by level 20? This wild one just wrecked half my team in the process of trying to catch it.

...It's timid with unburden, and I kind of want to roll with it for a while now.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Wolfe Glick just posted a method for resetting for ditto raids. Not sure how effective it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf8-o0-MNKE

Don't want this to get buried on the last page. Can personally confirm it works

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ungulateman posted:

No, climate change is definitely real (just look at Cursola), but you shouldn't try to solve it by summoning an elder good. It's the kind of thematic message that doesn't really apply to the real world.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, climate change is definitely real (just look at Cursola), but you shouldn't try to solve it by summoning an elder good. It's the kind of thematic message that doesn't really apply to the real world.

I think was maybe show a modicum of patience when someone asks you to wait for a day. Like...that's all he had to do...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Don't want this to get buried on the last page. Can personally confirm it works

Yep, got a 3-star Ditto in like four tries, and I'm sure it can turn out 5-stars too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wolfe Glick just posted a method for resetting for ditto raids. Not sure how effective it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf8-o0-MNKE

For those unable to watch at the moment, text summary?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Grimmsnarl...isn’t at all like Morgrem...

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

iospace posted:

For those unable to watch at the moment, text summary?

Set your text speed to slow, save right outside the Ditto Den, throw a wishing star in, and you can see the color before it starts to save the game. Reset if it's the normal color and not the rare color.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Eminai posted:

Set your text speed to slow, save right outside the Ditto Den, throw a wishing star in, and you can see the color before it starts to save the game. Reset if it's the normal color and not the rare color.

gently caress youtube, you were able to explain a 14 minute video in less than 50 words

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eminai posted:

What's the soft reset combo?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

iospace posted:

What's the soft reset combo?

Hit the home button and close the game.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013
Just a bit of information on raids, I can confirm that the AI partners scale with the level of your Pokemon chosen for the raid. Going in with a level 100 Pokemon lets even the weaker AI tank a few hits from regular 5 star raids. So the higher your level, the easier it'll be.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Huh, just found a normal gem. Looked it up and I guess that's the only gem that's been in games since Gen V?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

GoodBee posted:

You can link trade with a random person online. I got the other two starters by putting up my starters.

That makes more sense. So throw up starters and reject until they do the same?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Eminai posted:

Think people must be doing this all over because I am seeing tons of ditto raids all of a sudden. Caught three already that cover all the IVs at max between them. Even got one with Imposter. GG

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I’m playing with a GameCube controller because we’ve been waiting that long for a decent home Pokemon

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Without spoiling too much, is there any plot stuff between the second to last fight of the tournament and the champion fight?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Without spoiling too much, is there any plot stuff between the second to last fight of the tournament and the champion fight?

Yes.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Yes

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Purriwinkle/status/1196503977745010688?s=20

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Are the Gen 1 starters in this game? Do people trade the starters from this game?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Axetrain posted:

Are the Gen 1 starters in this game? Do people trade the starters from this game?

The Charmander line is in natively, and the Bulbasaur and Squirtle ones are in the data, but are currently not available. The Alola starters are also in the data, but not any of the others, if I recall right.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AngryRobotsInc posted:

The Charmander line is in natively, and the Bulbasaur and Squirtle ones are in the data, but are currently not available. The Alola starters are also in the data, but not any of the others, if I recall right.

Yeah, gotta wait for Home to come out next year or some obscure Japanese event that makes all of them legal to trade.

Or use CFW to hack the game

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 20, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

decent chance modders are gonna put all the pokemon in before home gets released

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
they already made a better looking tree texture because of the n64 tree memes and implemented it, so who the hell knows what the limits are

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Bear trap stunfisk is good as hell actually.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
From my understanding you can hack the other included Pokemon in the data to make them hypothetically playable but they don't, like, actually function.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/NailsOU/status/1196934063707131904?s=20

Dragon Darts has smart targeting in doubles. :eyepop: It tries to go for the Pokemon with no immunities if there's a Fairy on the field. Also it ignores Pokemon that used Protect. Only forced redirection like Follow Me defeats the smart targeting.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Holy poo poo that's good

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Flopsy posted:

I think was maybe show a modicum of patience when someone asks you to wait for a day. Like...that's all he had to do...
Also "kids, don't listen when the adults keep telling you it's okay and they got this and you shouldn't worry about it, because they're actually morons", which is a timeless message.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ungulateman posted:

they already made a better looking tree texture because of the n64 tree memes and implemented it, so who the hell knows what the limits are

Nintendo’s legal department, I’d imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

From my understanding you can hack the other included Pokemon in the data to make them hypothetically playable but they don't, like, actually function.

Sciresm imported an Omastar from Let's Go but anything related to the new features (Dynamax & Camp) weren't working.