Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Hopkins FBI posted:

The time that guy posted "all intensive purposes"

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

warren's dna test, brought to you by some obama lanyards

It was merely funny that she fell for the most obvious trump bait imaginable, but it was amazing that they made a video being really proud about having weaker-than-average-for-white-americans evidence of Native American ancestry.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
pow wow chow

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Hopkins FBI posted:

The time that guy posted "all intensive purposes"

You pre-Maddonas on here make this a really doggy dog forum

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol he still calls her pocahontas and there are huge parts of the media like the nyt that refuse to call trump a racist

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

warren campaign pissing away money on Big Structural Bailey as if having a giant inflatable dog means anything

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

The FBI dealing with the Black Panthers by just murdering Fred Hampton while he was in bed

The guy who ratted Hampton out to the fbi was the co-founder of amnesty international

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

The FBI dealing with the Black Panthers by just murdering Fred Hampton while he was in bed

How is this funny

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Algund Eenboom posted:

The guy who ratted Hampton out to the fbi was the co-founder of amnesty international

Lmao I had forgotten that

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Algund Eenboom posted:

:wow:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

that MTV campaign in 2004 about Vote or Die pushed by P. Diddy that was going to get The Youths to rise up and vote against Bush. there was also an Eminem song (Mosh).

Bush won.

The only time the GOP have won the popular vote in the last 30 years was against Kerry

Everybody at the time wondered how they could gently caress that up

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Nov 20, 2019

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

How is this funny

Sometimes all you can do is laugh (before the Philadelphia police department drop a bomb on your house)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

MikeCrotch posted:

Sometimes all you can do is laugh (before the Philadelphia police department drop a bomb on your house)

that's a fair reaction but I still wouldn't post it in the "funny politics things" thread, because that kind of laughter is extremely different from "this was funny" laughter

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
idk, I'd argue it's funny in the same way that "both kissinger and obama have Nobel Peace Prizes" is funny

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

MaxieSatan posted:

idk, I'd argue it's funny in the same way that "both kissinger and obama have Nobel Peace Prizes" is funny

On that note: The entire reason the Nobel Prize exists is bc the inventor of dynamite read his own scathing obituary (mistakenly published early) and decided to spend nearly his entire fortune on creating a more positive legacy for himself

A hundred-odd years later, the prize has been given to multiple people who have overseen bombing campaigns in order to preserve capitalist hegemony

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

One of the first to get it was Teddy "war is good until it kills my own personal family members" Roosevelt.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

MaxieSatan posted:

Sure, that's funny. If the person who killed Fred Hampton had gotten a nobel peace prize that might be a wry lol to look back on. But the Fred Hampton post would be more like posting "that time Kissinger oversaw Operation Menu" or "that time obama used a drone to blow up a wedding"

Which, again, are situations where sometimes the only thing you can do is laugh, but that doesn't make them a funny thing to reminisce about.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
There's a Dollop on Fred Hampton if you want to laugh through your tears.

https://thedollop.libsyn.com/214-black-panther-fred-hampton

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.

that MTV campaign in 2004 about Vote or Die pushed by P. Diddy that was going to get The Youths to rise up and vote against Bush. there was also an Eminem song (Mosh).

Bush won.

I don't think it even did that, I'm pretty sure it was just encouraging young people to register and vote anyway because if you're doing a major media campaign like that in 2004 it was still verboten to go against Bush

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

ok thread, hear me out:

joe arpaio

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

System Metternich posted:

ok thread, hear me out:

joe arpaio

That brief window of hope where it was conceivable that he'd get thrown into his own prison instead of getting away with all of it

Lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

System Metternich posted:

ok thread, hear me out:

joe arpaio

as a person who used to live in maricopa county, that guy is extremely poo poo. one of the worst humans on the planet

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
steven seagal killed a dog with joe's help

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
in a tank lol

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol he still calls her pocahontas and there are huge parts of the media like the nyt that refuse to call trump a racist

The AP Stylebook has an update to say “guys when something is racist you can just say racist” because the NYT and other papers were bending over backwards to use euphemisms.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Michael Moore getting booed at the Oscars for saying the Iraq War was bad.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

mooyashi posted:

steven seagal killed a dog with joe's help

Beat me to it so ill remember the thing where he orchestrated a false flag assassination attempt

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Thompsons posted:

I don't think it even did that, I'm pretty sure it was just encouraging young people to register and vote anyway because if you're doing a major media campaign like that in 2004 it was still verboten to go against Bush

poo poo, the dems where too spineless to even tell people to vote for them in 2018

all they could manage to say was "just go vote it doesn't matter for who"

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Jerry Jones and the entire Dallas Cowboys team linking arms and taking a knee then immediately standing back up for the anthem and that basically being the end of the horribly controversial anthem kneeling protest.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Comrayn posted:

Jerry Jones and the entire Dallas Cowboys team linking arms and taking a knee then immediately standing back up for the anthem and that basically being the end of the horribly controversial anthem kneeling protest.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i'm gonna miss deadspin for a lot of reasons, but especially for their coverage of how much of a creepy controlling rear end in a top hat Jerry Jones is

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
the orb

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

How is this funny

An FBI informant drugged me and everything seems a little funny.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Hopkins FBI posted:

Michael Moore getting booed at the Oscars for saying the Iraq War was bad.

Moore's 1997 movie "The Big One" where he calls out Bill Clinton's betrayal of progressive economics and critiques capitalism in general.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

The AP Stylebook has an update to say “guys when something is racist you can just say racist” because the NYT and other papers were bending over backwards to use euphemisms.

yes, but you cant call people racist lol. you can say "stephen miller backs racist laws" but the ap says it isnt ok to write "known racist stephen miller backs discriminatory laws"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Chuck Schumer's "stand with dreamers" twitter av

What the gently caress even happened with that I lost track

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
when waa the last white house press briefing

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mooyashi posted:

when waa the last white house press briefing

i think they stopped them completely after shucks stepped down. any more it's just tramp on the lawn yelling over the helicopter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/FOP3/status/169137754393948160