Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Im the 15 second long panning focus shot on the sad mint sprig at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Fart Car '97 posted:

Im the 15 second long panning focus shot on the sad mint sprig at the end

I'm the theme from Tristram playing over it

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4nAph0Zj7I

This is still the GOAT.

The most important ingredient in any cocktail is a quarter ounce of cocaine-infused mucus.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
About 2 shots of vodka

*glug glug glug glug*

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

About 2 shots of vodka

*glug glug glug glug*

Yessss

For posterity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFVaH0E9X3s

And the full version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7bo-aeznzY

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm getting shitfaced just looking at those videos.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When I hit up a local dive bar my tabs run from $12-$30. Depending on if I buy drinks for other people or if I'm buying (craft) beer all night. My personal max in rum n cokes is like 6 drinks( for the whole night). Otherwise I'm just blackout drunk.

Reporter tries to drink everything at an All-You-Can-Drink bar in St. Louis
https://www.riverfronttimes.com/stl...owFullText=true

I know this is written for "comedy" but this guy sounds like a prick. I don't think I've ever seen the, "I'm a big guy I'm ok sell me more" tactic work.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Didn't read past the introductory paragraphs, but depending on what's available at the $20/hour tier, that seems like a reasonably cheap way to sample nice liquors without buying bottles on faith or paying through the nose on a per-drink basis.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:shrug: His main point is to see if it's "worth it" He goes to a dive bar and orders 12 drinks all at once and complains that the first bar cut him off after he chugged 6 cocktails in 30 mins. Where as the local dive just didn't give a poo poo. Though 5 of his drinks were Busch lights (lmao) at the dive so wouldn't count those, personally. At least compared to what I'm assuming is a regularly mixed cocktail.

Also, Applebees apparently doesn't give a poo poo either with their dollaritas

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 7, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And he does this overwrought thing where he thinks he needs to come back in disguise because he’ll get thrown out if he’s “caught.” Either he’s a paranoid jackass or he behaved way worse on his first visit than he’s letting on and he’s bullshitting about his tolerance.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Made my own mulled wine (red wine + brandy + spices) in the slow cooker last night. We had 4 inches of snow and I had to clear out the drive way by hand because the snowblower is on the fritz. Now I am relaxing with a cup of hot mulled wine and it feels great.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Margarita toddy remarkably good!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Do tell.

My hot toddy recipe is an Old Fashioned lengthened with hot water, maybe an amaro as a modifier too. Hot citrus juice is grody to me. Give me a generous swath of lemon and/or orange peel in my toddy, that's all I want.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

iirc last year the thread got into citrus vs. no citrus in toddy chat, with some people loving it and others thinking it was like cough syrup.

I just faked the ratios. I already had a lime halved from something else, so instead of a lemon and whiskey toddy I did:

2 oz gold tequila <-- my silver is at the back of the booze cabinet :effort:
0.5 lime
~0.5 oz triple sec
~0.25 oz agave <-- I normally don't in margaritas, figured it'd need it in a toddy

Tasted but decided it didn't need any adjustment

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's hard to disassociate citrus in toddies from the taste of Theraflu once you make the connection. We leave it out of our house toddies, and if it ever goes in we typically only add a barspoon.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I cannot abide hot citrus. It's corrosive to the throat and sickening to the belly. I'll take my hot cocktails with hot water (maybe tea?) and liquors, and perhaps with something like apple cider if we must have juice.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Maybe it's cultural but I grew up drinking citron/yuja tea and so hot citrus is pretty normal for me.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Best hot toddy I ever had called for de-acidified orange juice and a bunch of zest. So you could always do that.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Sextro posted:

de-acidified orange juice

Do you mean acid-adjusted, meaning extra acidity?

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
I like boozy hot chocolate

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

BrianBoitano posted:

Do you mean acid-adjusted, meaning extra acidity?

Nope, other direction. Think of orange juice with no acidity?

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I've heard of increasing acidity in citrus, but not decreasing it! How is that done?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I mean orange juice already has low acidity. Before I replied, I did a cursory google and found 1) science article and 2) a Tropicana brand, and 3) a shitload about acid-adjusted upwards.

Did you create said toddy, Sextro, or did someone serve it to you? Now I'm intrigued.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
they crushed a bunch of extra strength smoothie Tums in it before adding to the toddy

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Klauser posted:

I like boozy hot chocolate

What kind of booze?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I was served it at a pop up, but I did end up finding out the trick. They used electrolysis

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!

Toast Museum posted:

What kind of booze?

Whisky, brandy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Everyone I know just assumes that a toddy includes tea. Not that that's bad.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

Everyone I know just assumes that a toddy includes tea. Not that that's bad.

Ironically, they're not far off base for the time period. They're just angling toward traditional punch rather than toddy.

Comb Your Beard
Sep 28, 2007

Chillin' like a villian.
Picked up 2 Buddha's Hand citrus fruits. Gonna make an oleo syrup.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Toast Museum posted:

What kind of booze?

Fernet.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Toast Museum posted:

What kind of booze?

Rumpleminze

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

I really ought to give Rumple Minze another chance. It figured heavily in a college bender that remains the worst of my life, and I haven't had a drop of it since.

The temperature's only just started dropping here, so I haven't jumped on the hot drink bandwagon yet this year, but last year I was mostly doing toddies with tea (mostly rooibos because I had leftover bags from making punch), rum, and sherry. When I did hot chocolate, I was spiking it with green Chartreuse, which is apparently a Verte Chaud.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I made a butter rum hot toddy couple years back that was pretty decent. DO you like butter? Would you drink boozy butter? I got the recipe for you! Actually, no. I found the recipe online and didn't do it right. Butter, rum, simple syrup, cinnamon sticks. Let it all get to heat (or until butter is melted) and serve.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Toast Museum posted:

Verte Chaud.

Oh poo poo, I didn't know it had a name! I'd heard it was traditional in the French Alps and tried it and found it to be very delicious. My friend is a manager at a small-batch chocolate shop and we've been throwing around the idea of a Verte Chaud-inspired bar of dark chocolate with some sort of Green Chartreuse candy crumbled and mixed in. Does that sound cool? Should we do it?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was told by a local bartender friend that the best thing to do when going to Universal is to sneak a flask of funky Jamaican rum and mix it with butterbeer.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

prayer group posted:

we've been throwing around the idea of a Verte Chaud-inspired bar of dark chocolate with some sort of Green Chartreuse candy crumbled and mixed in. Does that sound cool? Should we do it?

listen to your heart

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I just left the liquor store, where I got a tiny bottle of Hennessy as well as a big ol bottle of some very botanical gin I like that's great value for money IMO (New Amsterdam is the brand). The (very young) cashier told me that he "likes henny straight, but I really like it mixed with mountain dew." I "ah, niced" him because I dont poo poo on people for their drink of choice, but I'm always happy to meet another cultured gentleman in my travels.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
new amsterdam is not botanical at all, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

got some chores tonight posted:

new amsterdam is not botanical at all, lol

I disagree. Well, compared to Gordon's it sure is lol. That was my go-to before I tried new Amsterdam and my wife likes it cuz it is way more botanical than it is "piney," which she dislikes.

e, I guess "citrus" rather than "botanical" would be a more apt descriptor, I guess

e2: also, I smoked for 16 years so my palate is garbage

Eat This Glob fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 23, 2019