Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

oxsnard posted:

Amazing that Predictit impeachment odds havent budged in weeks

The second they started the impeachment inquiry, it was a 100% chance he was getting impeached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

For the first time in my life I can think "boy, I'd sure like to see Trump's face right now."

I really wish CNN would just go split-screen Jordan/Nunes right now.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

mcmagic posted:

The second they started the impeachment inquiry, it was a 100% chance he was getting impeached.

Correct. It's just really weird

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mind_Taker posted:

At least for me the mattering doesn’t happen until November 2020. This seems like it might increase the chances of it happening.

Well then we'll see. I think this matters more for the Senate than for the presidential election. I don't think this changes Trump's election chances at all.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Im so happy there is a livethread because this is all so loving glorious watching these ghouls turn on each other.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

What does mattering mean? He's still getting impeached and he's still getting acquitted by the senate. That was the case yesterday too.

STFU Mcmagic. You are out of your element and lack all perspective for how this affects all local, state, and federal elections. Sit the gently caress down.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

eke out posted:

also Sondland repeatedly talked to trump personally and knew these were his orders and is going to testify that they were trump's orders

really undercuts the ability to make Rudy the sole fall guy

It's not a good option, no, but their alternatives are getting rather limited. If they bluster enough, they theoretically could portray Rudy as actually going rogue and lying to everyone the whole time, thus causing Trump's orders to get misconstrued and betraying Our Favorite President's intentions.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mcmagic posted:

What does mattering mean? He's still getting impeached and he's still getting acquitted by the senate. That was the case yesterday too.

the core thing, to me, is this is MASSIVELY stripping the ambiguity of the situation away, so it makes it even more clearly 'the gop literally would rather ignore super obvious crimes than go against daddy trump'. It doesn't change the actual end result but it makes it WAY harder for the right to defend to everyone but the base

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i love that the main denial about july 10 is "i didn't yell or scream" - the stuff they said about the quid pro quo was true, but them implying I was ever mad or rude is a LIE

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They didn’t know he would flip like this until only a few hours ago right? The GOP can’t work a good strategy with a week to prepare, so they’re extra hurt today by that news.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oxsnard posted:

Correct. It's just really weird

there are a lot of trump fans on there.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

friendbot2000 posted:

STFU Mcmagic. You are out of your element and lack all perspective for how this affects all local, state, and federal elections. Sit the gently caress down.

I just said the biggest impact will be in the senate races you moron.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

friendbot2000 posted:

lol simmer down, buddy

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008
"I dont remember doing any of the things that made me sound like an rear end in a top hat, even though I clearly am one. We took some fun pictures!"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So is Sonland just saying "This wasn't a secret, all claims of rightous outrage are bullshit,everyone knew and wa sin on it"

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

LOL he's trying to drag others down.

"not only did everyone not clap for how brave they were, Einstein was not present."

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011
Sondland coming out today and saying "Yep, Trump told me to crime it up" changes my feelings on this. That one is hard to ignore.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

bobjr posted:

They didn’t know he would flip like this until only a few hours ago right? The GOP can’t work a good strategy with a week to prepare, so they’re extra hurt today by that news.

Nunes' opening statement still had references to quid pro quo accusations being in the past so yeah probably

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

not joseph stalin posted:

"I dont remember doing any of the things that made me sound like an rear end in a top hat, even though I clearly am one. We took some fun pictures!"

https://twitter.com/petridishes/status/1197162878270410752

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

GOOD GRIEF!

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

bobjr posted:

Yeah i cannot wait to hear the GOP questioning of Sondland.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

ewiley posted:

And the GOP lawyer

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
This is glorious. I only wish my father was around to see it. He died just a couple of weeks before the infamous phone call. He'd be loving this poo poo. He HATED Trump.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Jesus christ he's throwing *everyone* under the bus

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And the GOP lawyer

Captain Constipation is going to have a bad time today, I think

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol "everyone was criming it up but me"

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

And the GOP lawyer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpee2tmEYeI

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is enough to impeach Pompeo and Perry. They should do both.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ewiley posted:

Especially when Sondland's easy response to everything is "The Trump Administration and State Department has denied me access to all of my documentation."

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

ewiley posted:

I assume it's going to be a lot of "you lied in the past, why should we trust you now liar?"

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Wylie posted:

Captain Constipation is going to have a bad time today, I think

Of course he's captain constipation, the GOP is opposed to most new movements

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

mcmagic posted:

Well then we'll see. I think this matters more for the Senate than for the presidential election. I don't think this changes Trump's election chances at all.

It definitely does, also this isn't really the point of the reaction thread

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

This is glorious. I only wish my father was around to see it. He died just a couple of weeks before the infamous phone call. He'd be loving this poo poo. He HATED Trump.

I hear you, I lost my dad a few months ago and he would have been watching this with me like it was a sports event.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

For the first time in my life I can think "boy, I'd sure like to see Trump's face right now."

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1197166512802586625

10:45am Eastern: yells at reporters over chopper noise
2:20pm Eastern: ignores reporters at the Austin airport
3:05pm Eastern: ignores reporters at Apple's factory in Austin
4:35pm Eastern: ignores reporters at the Austin airport
7:50pm Eastern: yells at reporters on the South Lawn

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A$Ap

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Didn't think we'd get an A$AP Rocky reference.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
You have to imagine some GOP staffer told them to prepare for a situation where Sondland flips.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

And there it is

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

queeb posted:

lol "everyone was criming it up but me"

Also I have perfect memory of every time someone else did something bad down to the threadcounts of their suits, but am completely unable to recall whether I know how to operate a telephone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/1197167652847996929