Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I very much look forward to this one being translated from Japanese raws instead of Chinese translations.

edit: fujiawara fanart snipe

Agronox fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
What happened to the other chapters?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

klapman posted:

What happened to the other chapters?

It looks like this group just didn't translate them because Jaimini's Box already did chapters up to 168. So they just skipped to the latest chapter they could snipe on.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Poor Fujiwara can't even get the time of day at this point of the game. Is she bound to become the new Megako? :ohdear:

Hayasaka will give her all the time in the day she needs and more.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Wark Say posted:

Poor Fujiwara can't even get the time of day at this point of the game. Is she bound to become the new Kiloko? :ohdear:

At this point, I'm expecting a "Chika blows up" chapter any day now. There have been hints of it for ages.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

nrook posted:

At this point, I'm expecting a "Chika blows up" chapter any day now. There have been hints of it for ages.
she wont get far

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

nrook posted:

I mean, the signs are all there:
  • Kaguya has replaced her at the top of her personal friends' totem with the Pres and Ishigami (and possibly the Pres' Little Sister)
  • The Pres has all but become her child, which stresses her to no end, causing her to gain weight, which further stresses her.
  • Ishigami doesn't respect her
  • Iino seems to be growing closer to Ishigami and the Pres at the expense of having her at her beck and call.
  • Maki and Nagisa seem to be growing closer to Kaguya when it comes to being actually helpful wrt her relationship with the Pres
  • One of the retired ramen kings talked smack to her face!
Where does it end? Poor Fujiwara doesn't deserve this kind of shabby treatment!

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Chapter 169, nice.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
It's been a while since I've seen Ishigami go :qqsay: and he didn't disappoint.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

This manga is incredibly powerful.

Oh gently caress what if Maki sleeps with Kashiwagi's boyfriend and is the one to get pregnant! The prophecy!

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 20, 2019

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Fujiwara should be glad that they're casually including her in the conversation. Doesn't that means she's on the in-group?

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
If Chika wants to be a Prime Minister she's probably gonna have to get used to this kind of talk.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i expected better of shirogane at least...

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

I was wondering where Ishigami was from his inceldom.

What will be the final straw that breaks Subject F?

Kashiwagi gets her threesome and Kashiwagi's boyfriend knocks up Maki.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Wark Say posted:

I mean, the signs are all there:
  • Kaguya has replaced her at the top of her personal friends' totem with the Pres and Ishigami (and possibly the Pres' Little Sister)
  • The Pres has all but become her child, which stresses her to no end, causing her to gain weight, which further stresses her.
  • Ishigami doesn't respect her
  • Iino seems to be growing closer to Ishigami and the Pres at the expense of having her at her beck and call.
  • Maki and Nagisa seem to be growing closer to Kaguya when it comes to being actually helpful wrt her relationship with the Pres
  • One of the retired ramen kings talked smack to her face!
Where does it end?

I’m not sure where it ends, but the ending begins with the tabletop gaming club involved in an international incident

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
So have they already had the plot with Hayasaka kissing Fujiwara? Feels like if they did, they must have comparitively glossed over it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can't believe we were reading Maki's descent into villainy every time misfortune befell her. Aka truly is a master of his craft.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

thechosenone posted:

So have they already had the plot with Hayasaka kissing Fujiwara? Feels like if they did, they must have comparitively glossed over it.

Yeah it wasn't actually that long a story, Fujiwara was talking about being lonely and Hayasaka jumped on her.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Dabir posted:

Yeah it wasn't actually that long a story, Fujiwara was talking about being lonely and Hayasaka jumped on her.

Or rather, "Fujiwara was dropping a long series of hints"

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Well I'll be mildly upset if they don't revisit it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly don't see the manga going for much too long, what with the Pres and Kaguya (potentially) going to San Fran, so yeah, likely that they're going to revisit a potential Ai x Chika pairing.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lol, saw an edit/joke translation of that fujiwara backing away page where someone vulgarly emphasized the fact that they were talking about ntr, and had fujiwara say 'I seem to have accidentally entered the ntr club' while leaving.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

I honestly don't see the manga going for much too long, what with the Pres and Kaguya (potentially) going to San Fran, so yeah, likely that they're going to revisit a potential Ai x Chika pairing.
You assume that Kaguya Love is War won't go into college with branching off into American and Japan side-series. Do not underestimate our god.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, don't get me wrong: I could (and would!) follow this adorable cast of gently caress-ups for years to come, but I'd honestly prefer if Aka ends this when it's on top of things.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong: I could (and would!) follow this adorable cast of gently caress-ups for years to come, but I'd honestly prefer if Aka ends this when it's on top of things.
Which is why I think Aka treating Kaguya post-graduation like Jojo arcs would be optimal. And he might do just that.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kaguya will continue running forever.

In 2049 we'll be reading the saga Kaguya's 9th child entering high school and getting HOW CUTE'd by Ishigami and __Iino__'s child in the stuco while Principal Fujiwara drops in every so often.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Imagine Aka developing a cast of AMERICAN gently caress-ups in the heart of California silicon valley. :allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The return of Harry MacKenzie.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

MonsieurChoc posted:

The return of Harry MacKenzie.

It's been over a decade and this still makes me laugh. It's the dumbest bit, but I love it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SpacePig posted:

It's been over a decade and this still makes me laugh. It's the dumbest bit, but I love it.

Agreed, it's actually the best gag in the entire series. Kind of a shame it happens so early.

Aka has said School Rumble was a major influence on Kaguya, btw.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Agronox posted:

Agreed, it's actually the best gag in the entire series. Kind of a shame it happens so early.

Aka has said School Rumble was a major influence on Kaguya, btw.

"This explains so much," I say, four feet from a stack of Scrumble volumes.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, School Rumble was so good. Onigiri faction for life.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

MJP posted:

:yeah:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Flag supremacy. Canon, bitches!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

The much cleaner scans from JB (though I think I might prefer the line "Oy, you jerks!" to "Hey, you animals!"):

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/kaguya-wants-to-be-confessed-to/en/0/169/page/1

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

MJP posted:

It's between either that one or Flag faction for me. Which means that one of them luckily came true for me.

And Tenma can have Karasuma and gently caress off, I guess.

Also, I just realized that both series have a character who's basically a parody on your standard romantic comedy MC. The difference is that Kashiwagi's boyfriend went further with his girlfriend than your typical romcom protagonist ever does, while Nara never gets a chick.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I just remembered that incredibly quick gag that Tenma can easily bend spoons with her mind but doesn't think it's impressive because she can't read minds like her sister.

School Rumble was good.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

quote:

School Rumble was good.

Since we're on a bit of a derail with this... is the anime worth watching? Does it give anything of a better ending than the one we actually got?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Not really. The anime just kinda stops and the manga... well, you used the question/sentence:

Agronox posted:

Does it give anything of a better ending than the one we actually got?
Which clearly pegs you as a fellow goon who's seen true despair. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Wark Say posted:

Not really. The anime just kinda stops and the manga... well, you used the question/sentence:

Which clearly pegs you as a fellow goon who's seen true despair. :(

Some day, maybe Jin Kobayashi will come back with a School Rumble sequel that will give us the ending we wanted to see. :negative: