Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If they try and say he’s a liar could he just go “I was instructed to lie by Trump/Rudy/whoever to make it seem like they did nothing wrong?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Well, there you go. Was there quid pro quo? The answer is yes.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Email :aaaaa:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
This is amazing

Spacehams
Jun 3, 2007

sometimes people are mean, and I think they should try being nice
Grimey Drawer

ewiley posted:

Well, there you go. Was there quid pro quo? The answer is yes.

He's twisting the knife he jabbed in earlier.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I can't hear "Secretary Perry" without thinking of Perry the Platypus.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my god

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Just dropping names :lol:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Is he just throwing everyone under the bus right now?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

So we can now subpoena emails and documents. LEt's gooooooooo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

hooooooolllly poo poo.

"everyone was in the loop, it was no secret"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ReidRansom posted:

No, he's paving the road with those motherfuckers and then driving the bus himself.

geeko55
Jun 11, 2013

Oh man, it's all right here, isn't it?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
"It was no secret, everyone was informed"

fffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hear you, I lost my dad a few months ago and he would have been watching this with me like it was a sports event.

My extremely Democratic father, who hated Ronald Reagan in the 1980s (for a white man, that didn't endear him to his contemporaries), got Dementia like two years before Trump was nominated. In an extremely small way it was a blessing as I'm sure witnessing his election would have broken him.

He would have enjoyed the gently caress out of these hearings tho. Here's to you pops (drinks Scotch & Soda in his honor)

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TyrantWD posted:

You have to imagine some GOP staffer told them to prepare for a situation where Sondland flips.

I mean, yes. But these are GOP reps we’re talking about here.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ReidRansom posted:

He's basically chartering more busses to throw people under.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I am waiting for someone to just bust in and be like "stop stop stop please god stop"

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I can't hear "Secretary Perry" without thinking of Perry the Platypus.

Lol i can't un-hear it now

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

hooooooolllly poo poo.

"everyone was in the loop, it was no secret"

That's the kind of quote you don't want when a witness is testifying against you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, yes. But these are GOP reps we’re talking about here.

yea I can very much imagine that they expected him to go in on Rudy but didn't expect 'everyone knew, it was quid pro quo, and the state department is freezing me out to keep me from telling you that'

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

cochise posted:

That's the kind of quote you don't want when a witness is testifying against you.

Especially when he's discussing discoverable emails with quotes and TO/CC lines!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
All of this to sink a a potential party nominee who may run out of money shortly after losing Iowa.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
hot drat, there it all is

this is damning

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Pompeo is so loving dirty lol.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Smart move by Sondland to go this hard. Probably minimizes likelihood he's charged with perjury later

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Sondland is Multi-Track drifting a loving trolley into the entire god damned administration.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It this what it felt like when John Dean testified or Butterfield flipped? Incredible :allears:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
We're gonna need a bigger bus.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I cannot even imagine how the Republicans are going to try to spin this in questioning

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Pompeo is so loving dirty lol.

He has low key become my preferred non Trump character to loving go down.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mods please change name to

Impeachment Thread: "Again: everyone was in the loop."

Kale
May 14, 2010

TyrantWD posted:

With Trump actually being on the ballot, and all of the billions of donor money coming in, I'd be shocked if the GOP has a bad year in 2020. Trump's approval rating is higher now than it was before he got elected. Couple that with an underwhelming cast of Democrats that don't gin up excitement outside of their lane, and you have a recipe for disaster.

I will never ever understand what he does specifically that apparently no other R can ever do that has the party electorate and high ranking members that have been in Washington for decades so steadfastly behind him as to remake the party into something like a cult centered around him and sacrifice everything to try in vain to make him happy or protect him. To this day after reading countless articles, studying up on cults of personality and just watching his behavior I still have not figured it out, it's like they've literally equated the fortune of the Republican party and any measure of political agenda with his mood on a given day.

Any existing R's reputation, electoral prospects, and agendas no matter how lovely, apparently no longer matter before this one guys bitchy tweets and whims so they've either rallied behind his insane needy bullshit or just decided to quit in 2018 and 2020. Like betray the Kurds, disparage the military, CIA and FBI, piss off a good chunk of the electorate so they and there descendants will potentially never consider voting R for decades....no problem Mr. Trump as long as I can make you kind of happy for 5 minutes before you go back to rage tweeting that somebody criticized you on something somewhere in the media.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Moral of this story, as always: Don't gently caress a fucker.

Sondland is apparently actually good at the things Trump wants everyone to think he's good at. Hotels, real estate- that's how this dude made it. The second he starts getting set up to take the fall, he's rolling with receipts.

Glorious.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Sondland: BEEP BEEP I'M A TRUCK MOTHAFUCKAS.....

Dzurlord
Nov 5, 2011
Oh my god I just started the stream and instantly started hearing the bus starting up.

This is amazing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mulvaney going down would be amazing

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

He has low key become my preferred non Trump character to loving go down.

mine will always be Mulvaney but I respect your choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oxsnard posted:

Smart move by Sondland to go this hard. Probably minimizes likelihood he's charged with perjury later

yea he's saving his rear end by just going balls deep into 'ok look maybe my last testimony needs some amending but listen how fuckin corrupt all my friends are'