Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Why do people just text openly about crimes?

Why aren't they talking in code or just simply referring to that "thing" Trump wants? Cheating spouses are more careful about their behavior than these guys.

Most people who commit crimes are really really dumb because they think they are too smart to get caught. They look at others who get caught and go "that wont happen to me".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
Give Goldman (dem counsel) a raise then plan on appointing him to a high level position in DOJ. He's been killing it throughout.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eregos posted:

Even though corruption and criminality is rather openly accepted by the Republican party, I still don't see how Mulvaney gets to remain as chief of staff. Trump Chief of Staff looks like Defense against the Dark Arts instructor - it's a cursed job!

Mulvaney has like five titles in the WH.

If they fire him for one, they have to fire him from the others, and Trump hates actually doing work and vetting people.

Plus who the gently caress would accept a promotion at this point?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
"I never heard from President Trump that aid was conditioned on an announcement of elections."

"I never heard those words."

There's the Fox News soundbite.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

1glitch0 posted:

Right now Sondland is thinking, "Why oh why didn't I spend the extra 500k to get the Ambassadorship to the Bahamas."

Ambassador to the EU sounds pretty sweet to me, I bet you get to travel all over Europe

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

If they fire him for one, they have to fire him from the others, and Trump hates actually doing work and vetting people.

trump's admin is just like a bankrupt company under investigation for fraud

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Elise Stefanik, for one.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

"I never heard from President Trump that aid was conditioned on an announcement of elections."

Yep I had the same thought.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Give Goldman (dem counsel) a raise then plan on appointing him to a high level position in DOJ. He's been killing it throughout.

Yeah this dude is killing it, super serious prosecutor type taking no bullshit.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

dirty shrimp money posted:

Elise Stefanik, for one.

no way would she leave an elected post that she has a great shot of keeping in 2020

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

There's Always A Tweet(tm)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181560708808486914

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

oxsnard posted:

Sondland is having a great time up there. So surreal

He’s probably thinking that by the end of this he can at least scratch possible perjury off the list for himself. gently caress those other guys though.

Edit: Thinking I’m speaking too soon by the sounds of it right now.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
getting in to perjury territory here, he's getting really cagy about 'my recollections'

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yep, I had the same reaction. Goldman is chasing it down now, but Sondland is claiming that the Bursima/2016 investigation announcement was explicitly part of the quid pro quo for a white house meeting only - all references to security assistance were his own personal conclusion as part of the package (but Trump etc. never told him that).

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

oxsnard posted:

no way would she leave an elected post that she has a great shot of keeping in 2020

Oh I'll take that bet.

She might have made the worst political calculation of all these people.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
"If I say I did, I did"

Yeah, wonder why that doesn't make people believe you.

EDIT: Like maybe if we had some recent example of you being a liar.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Shifty Pony posted:

I think that honor belongs to Vindman's lawyer making sure he had a copy of his performance review ready to go.

I'm sticking with my choice but you make a compelling case.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

oxsnard posted:

I dunno, if I were representing a R+4 district I'd feel kind of vulnerable right now, not to mention that seat suddenly has the DNC's attention.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 20, 2019

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

TyrantWD posted:

Why do people just text openly about crimes?

Why aren't they talking in code or just simply referring to that "thing" Trump wants? Cheating spouses are more careful about their behavior than these guys.

they are very rich, very stupid, and completely accustomed to having the rest of the world bend over and take it up the rear end from them

basically they are totally confident based on life experience that everything will come out in their favor

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yep, I had the same reaction. Goldman is chasing it down now, but Sondland is claiming that the Bursima/2016 investigation announcement was explicitly part of the quid pro quo for a white house meeting only - all references to security assistance were his own personal conclusion as part of the package (but Trump etc. never told him that).

This is what worries me: that they'll try to say the security wasn't linked and as a result, it's all good.

That's dumb, but hey.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

A point I don't hear harped on enough is OMB is mixed up in freezing the aid and guess what Mulvaney's other 1 our of 5 job is? Head of OMB.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

theflyingorc posted:

Ambassador to the EU sounds pretty sweet to me, I bet you get to travel all over Europe

Sure, but Donald Trump is president so you end up on national tv testifying in front of Congress in an impeachment hearing.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
up next in 5-10 minutes: devin nunez shits his pants, eats a handful and throws a handful into the gallery. GOP polling for trump moves up 1 point!

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Nunez didn't want to go right away...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh I'll take that bet.

She might have made the worst political calculation of all these people.

The data of whats going on in her district disagrees with you.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Haha, the look that Nunez just gave Castor.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Haha, Nunes looked pissed in that cutaway shot.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Ahahaha... Nunes side glance to Squinting Dipshit at the recess. Fantastic

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

1glitch0 posted:

Sure, but Donald Trump is president so you end up on national tv testifying in front of Congress in an impeachment hearing.

Well, not every day!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/Kno/status/1197181961216749573

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

AhhYes posted:

Nunez didn't want to go right away...

Nunes looked like he was not having a good day in that shot there

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

gently caress me and Castor just now as well.. Staring off into space...

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Nunez seriously looks beat. I wonder if he's getting any spin instructions because he does not look prepared to follow up.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

EDIT: Like maybe if we had some recent example of you being a liar.

this is honestly one of the bigger problems to overcome - even tho it's satisfying he's flipping, his credibility is somewhat hosed...

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

dirty shrimp money posted:

I dunno, if I were representing a R+4 district I'd feel kind of vulnerable right now

She is not safe but it is hard to say. What she did was certainly unpopular nationally but only NY-21 is voting and I’m sure she is raising a ton of money off the impeachment hearings too.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

theflyingorc posted:

Ambassador to the EU is going to involve real work, and not just hosting or attending dinner parties.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

That look from Nunes was delicious.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

She is not safe but it is hard to say. What she did was certainly unpopular nationally but only NY-21 is voting and I’m sure she is raising a ton of money off the impeachment hearings too.

So is her challenger

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

After watching that, I really think sondland or his lawyer properly identified that there was no way in hell he'd be able to testify against that lawyer without getting shredded. Throwing everyone else out as bait and trying to not look like a money-grubbing rear end in a top hat were his only plays, and he really only pulled off the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

refleks posted:

Ahahaha... Nunes side glance to Squinting Dipshit at the recess. Fantastic

Only registered members can see post attachments!