Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

B-Rock452 posted:

I am so burned out from actual nazis and oppression that the only way I could actually watch the man in the high castle was if every episode just had thousands of nazis getting machine gunned down by resistance fighters. Same with The Handmaids Tale, if someone told me that Elisabeth Moss took a flame thrower to the fundamentalists I would be all over it.

There's an ep where a friend of hers steals a car does a few donuts and then runs over a cops head and it pops like a watermelon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Peanut Butler posted:

yah wake me up when they prestige-tv-ify valis

There was a movie of Radio Free Albemuth but it was apparently not great

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Wake me when they turn VALIS into a dark action sci-fi movie

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

B-Rock452 posted:

I am so burned out from actual nazis and oppression that the only way I could actually watch the man in the high castle was if every episode just had thousands of nazis getting machine gunned down by resistance fighters.

Wolfenstein will never be made into a TV show because people would go nuts that Ronald Reagan both works for the Nazis and is killed by Hitler.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

CSPAM posters: loomer is disgusting! her face is half collagen and half silicon! she looks like a melted wax figurine!
cumshitter (sweating): yeah, i really hate her... [thinking: what do men hate about women?] big boobs and wide hips!

Now I'll be forever picturing him as Ray Holt.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

animist posted:

I like to play light milsim games like Squad, but I always play as the "bad guys" so that I get to shoot at the preening anglos

I don't know why you'd play the Americans in squad, what's the allure of having some variant of the ugly-rear end M4 no matter what role you pick? You can't even pick up the other side's more interesting guns in that game

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

B-Rock452 posted:

I am so burned out from actual nazis and oppression that the only way I could actually watch the man in the high castle was if every episode just had thousands of nazis getting machine gunned down by resistance fighters. Same with The Handmaids Tale, if someone told me that Elisabeth Moss took a flame thrower to the fundamentalists I would be all over it.

https://twitter.com/carlzha/status/1092062157900939265?lang=en china has got you covered

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

that canned laughter at teh end lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Phi230 posted:

There's an HBO show coming out soon where Charles Lindburgh and the Silver Shirts become president
isn't that the roth novel "plot against america?"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

animist posted:

I like to play light milsim games like Squad, but I always play as the "bad guys" so that I get to shoot at the preening anglos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nRYsslZ0lw&t=21s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the thing about those games is that they're full of ultra-reactionary white guys who use anti-semitic and trump memes as usernames, so the only way to play is to have a name like ☭HO-CHI-WIN☭ or ☭PLANNED_ECONOMY☭ (you can use unicode) and be better at the game than everyone else, and rack up mega kills with an RPG-7 that is basically like an in-game laser gun. then other people take the hint and you have a bunch of ☭ gamers all on the viet cong team

okay that is pretty nerdy but someone's gotta do it. they started it!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9HFjErMMlA

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

B-Rock452 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdM-_6Xv_Oc&t=84s

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
There's a new Stalingrad out? Holy poo poo, why were we not informed? :argh:

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

remember when hbo was gunna make a show where the south won the civil war and continued chattel slavery into the modern day

Produced by the Game of Thrones guys too, so you know it's subtext would be terrible. IIRC another studio is making an alt-hist show about a successful slave revolt leading to an independent Black state in the American south.

Edit: Amazon is the bank, Will Packer & Aaron McGruder are the producers.

Called Black America:

quote:

It envisions an alternate history where newly freed African Americans have secured the Southern states of Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama post-Reconstruction as reparations for slavery, and with that land, the freedom to shape their own destiny. The sovereign nation they formed, New Colonia, has had a tumultuous and sometimes violent relationship with its looming “Big Neighbor,” both ally and foe, the United States. The past 150 years have been witness to military incursions, assassinations, regime change, coups, etc. Today, after two decades of peace with the U.S. and unprecedented growth, an ascendant New Colonia joins the ranks of major industrialized nations on the world stage as America slides into rapid decline. Inexorably tied together, the fate of two nations, indivisible, hangs in the balance.

Yadoppsi has issued a correction as of 09:53 on Nov 20, 2019

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

wake me up when they make Galactic Pot-Healer into a big-budget movie, preserving the ending being a drawn out conversation about classical music between the main character and a forgetful robot on a beach on sirius 5, while the final battle between space gods supposedly happens under the surface of a tranquil sea.

pkd so good.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

isn't that the roth novel "plot against america?"

yes

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

B-Rock452 posted:

I literally do not understand the appeal of misery fiction

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lawman 0 posted:

I literally do not understand fiction

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
I do not understand

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
Fiction can often contain truths, even if it doesn't contain facts. You imbecile. You loving moron.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
wrong thread

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

CharlestheHammer posted:

destroying swastikas after you made your money from them is pure capitalism baby

lol there's no way that show has made amazon any money

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
tunmpe

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I do not understand the appeal of "alternate dark timelines" about the Nazis or dominionists running America when we already are on that timeline just with a slightly slower schedule

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Best Friends posted:

I do not understand the appeal of "alternate dark timelines" about the Nazis or dominionists running America when we already are on that timeline just with a slightly slower schedule

Its the legacy of the extremely hamfisted dystopian fiction of orwell, atwood, bradbury etc...

These people read Baby's First Political Critique and stopped there (while also not understanding the works) and are trying to copy it

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The the case of TV stuff people just want to gawp at all the production design and watch the hot soap opera people do drama & games in fancy alt-timeline outfits

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/Education4Libs/status/1197032363961831424?s=20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I enjoy how they can't name names anymore because then somebody will post a picture of Trump partying with them, with a 50/50 chance of Epstein or Maxwell being in the frame as well

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lawman 0 posted:

I literally do not understand the appeal of misery fiction
The Black Communist Rebellion just seized control of California.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

educating liberals is a super weird case. there's been quite a bit written about him. he's a grifter, obviously, but there's a lot of mental health history there. i genuinely don't know to what degree he believes this stuff, and it's even possible he started out with a pure grift and started to buy into it.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

you know what'd stop a vast satanic conspiracy? godless communism spreading across the globe and destroying the institutions that perpetuate the conspiracy.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
My question with this stuff is always "are they using antisemitic dogwhistles on purpose or do they really believe that literal devil-worshippers hold that much clout"

(the answer, much like with Icke and lizardpeople, is "incredibly, both")

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

not that hard to get when you realize that to them Jew and devil warshipper are the same thing

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

they missed a great opportunity if this show isn’t called “discomfort woman”

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it's even possible he started out with a pure grift and started to buy into it.

This is the natural evolution of most grifters and grifts. I get that it's not a particularly new take, what with Vonnegut writing a whole book about it in the 70s and all, but it can't be overstated just how unlikely it is for a grifters to have a successful grift and not buy in at least partially. The only other real option is going from believer to grifter, otherwise it's incredibly hard to not come off as inauthentic to their marks.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

was that a beretta 92fs with chinese characteristics

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Best Friends posted:

The only appeal to me is if it's like Wolfenstein where the point of this dark timeline is it gives you more nazis to shoot and you get to see cool people destroy Hitler's little perfect aryan world.

Also I don't know what happened to Russia in Wolfenstein world but waiting for the Wolfenstein game where you get to play Lyudmila Pavlichenko

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
gee i wonder who this dipshit is

Sturmabteilung posted:

somethingawful members wear brown shirts all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Eimi posted:

The only appeal to me is if it's like Wolfenstein where the point of this dark timeline is it gives you more nazis to shoot and you get to see cool people destroy Hitler's little perfect aryan world.

Also I don't know what happened to Russia in Wolfenstein world but waiting for the Wolfenstein game where you get to play Lyudmila Pavlichenko

In Youngblood they mention a news article about a no mans land in there or at least they nuked the most valuable areas, cause one of the french resistance members is russian but he doesn't really mention or talk about it. It does sound like they're not doing good but still around.