Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Castor already loving this poo poo up 3 questions in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sexpig by night posted:

I'm genuinely shocked that the R team had NO plan for this. Like, I didn't think it'd happen but "Sondaland flips on everyone" has been a possibility for weeks now.

They had a several hour head start though, didn't they? The news that Sondland was going to flip broke hours before the hearing. They couldn't have at least slapped something together in that time?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Here it goes, they're going in on Rudy freelancing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Cabbit posted:

Here it goes, they're going in on Rudy freelancing.

Sounds like they really need to get Rudy in to testify.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
lol he didn't say go talk to rudy, he said talk to rudy!

See? Big difference!

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

Sounds like they really need to get Rudy in to testify.

I almost don't want him to, it's like asking a 6-year-old to drive a sports car.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sexpig by night posted:

I'm genuinely shocked that the R team had NO plan for this. Like, I didn't think it'd happen but "Sondaland flips on everyone" has been a possibility for weeks now.

The plan is always the same. Throw enough utter nonsense against the wall that their chuds and GOP Senators have a fig leaf to keep supporting Trump. it's a really low bar to clear.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

They had a several hour head start though, didn't they? The news that Sondland was going to flip broke hours before the hearing. They couldn't have at least slapped something together in that time?

Shockingly from what it seems *none of them knew.*

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Aeble posted:

I know that the republicans are all scumbags, but I'm really not used to seeing them say these things into a camera. It seems incredibly dodgy for Nunes to be talking about how unethical it is for Hunter Biden to be making money while his father served in US government given how they treat Trump. Like, how can anyone hear that and not just laugh in his face?

Hypocrisy is only an issue when the hypocrite has a non-R letter next to their name.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Stupid Always Sunny Lawyer seems angry.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Earlier I was recapping Sondlands testimony to a coworker when another who’s a huge Trump supporter came over and started going on and on about Hunter Biden. The idiot masses are absorbing the Republicans conspiracy bullshit pretty well.

Trump diehards are less than 30% of voters and less than 20% of the adult US population. It literally doesn't matter what these people think. The GOP strategy here is idiotic

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha Castor

"He didn't say go talk to Rudy he said talk to Rudy."

Well that's it everyone, case closed. Close the door and shut off the lights.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I love that he's drinking a glass of milk.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
A$AP ROCKY REFERENCE!!

AND ANOTHER!

dhn
May 28, 2004
Dog dick of anubis
I wonder if this is going be referenced in the next round, could be interesting:

https://twitter.com/EliStokols/status/1197190113987571718

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he was cranky

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i think this is basically like saying "look, we told you a day in advance this skyscraper was going to collapse, and we gave you a toddler's play toolbox. why didn't you do a better job?"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Oh my goodness, Rick Moranis and Jeff Ross! What are you doing here?? A meeting of the minds!

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

I can't get into that head space, but there's really not a lot to work with here for them. They're spinning wheels for 45 minutes.

I'm almost sure Schiff will give himself some redirect time just so they have to have a surprise part 2 of the Nunes and Cantor Show again.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

quote:

this hearing reminds me that, again and again, investigators aiming for Trump have come up against the reality that the president doesn’t text or use email. It all boils down to what someone remembers about conversations with him or their interactions with a person who seems to be serving as Trump’s proxy, like Giuliani.

president boomer's best defense is that he doesn't generate paperwork.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

A$AP ROCKY REFERENCE!!

AND ANOTHER!
I must have missed what this has to do with anything. Can someone explain?

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

More A$AP Rocky name dropping please haha

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KillHour posted:

wait is that milk?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

wait is that milk?

I'm watching on my phone but it looks like it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

"you believe the president, correct?"

"i decline to answer that question. i suggest you move on"

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Apparently ASAP Rocky was the magical words that made Sondland suddenly remember the phone call everyone else heard him take with the President.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So SNL on the horn with J K Simmons's agent to play sondland for the next cold open right now, right?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

1glitch0 posted:

The phrase 'ASAP Rocky' is apparently what jogged Sondland's 'fogotten' memory, so there's been a few veiled references to his 'forgetfulness' and this phrase.

Someone else will have to fill in for what ASAP Rocky was code for - I have no idea

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

dhn posted:

I wonder if this is going be referenced in the next round, could be interesting:

We'll get a receipt for this proving otherwise.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Wylie posted:

Apparently ASAP Rocky was the magical words that made Sondland suddenly remember the phone call everyone else heard him take with the President.

I accept this because of this timeline, but continue to be baffled without more information.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Cantor: "You say 2 plus 2 equals 4, but what leads you to that conclusion? Isn't that just a guess on your part, Ambassador?"

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Maybe Castor will start quoting Hume on the problem of induction. The existence of two distinct phenomenon does not directly imply causation!

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

1glitch0 posted:

I accept this because of this timeline, but continue to be baffled without more information.

Didn't Trump get involved with A$AP when he was in trouble overseas or something?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Castor is now doing the democrats job for them

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

1glitch0 posted:

I think this all happened around the time he was in trouble in Sweden or some poo poo for fighting, so I think he was at least mentioned in these Ukraine conversations because Trump is incapable of compartmentalizing.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

dhn posted:

Lol, how long til a picture comes out showing them together, by themselves, on Sept. 1st?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

KillHour posted:

Tbf milk is good if you have severe stress induced acid reflux. Could be water with like 10 Alka Seltzer in it as well though

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

They got rid of Castor's big friend because you all wouldn't stop making fun of him

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Oh geez Sondland - maybe hold paper up to look at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I think this all happened around the time he was in trouble in Sweden or some poo poo for fighting, so I think he was at least mentioned in these Ukraine conversations because Trump is incapable of compartmentalizing.

Gotcha.

This is loving stupid.