Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Republicans: NO HEARSAY EVIDENCE ALLOWED

Also Republicans (via their counsel): Mr Ambassador, what about when Trump totally told Senator Ron Johnson there was NO QUID PRO QUO, HMMM??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Junior G-man posted:

An "I'm not a crook" for the 21st century. Did he also do the double peace sign as he went into the chopper?

Probably double thumbsup and the dumb rear end in a top hat grin. You know the one

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Failed Imagineer posted:

Might just be listing his fave Spike Lee joints, though I'm not familiar with the others

I want you to imagine Trump watching a Spike Lee movie

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I'm just listening to the opening testimony now and lol that he's throwing Johnson under the bus as well.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

queeb posted:

lol a close up of his page. dudes brain has melted

https://twitter.com/srmduke87/status/1197193919374577664

This loving swiss cheese brain still is more likely than not to win reelection. We are just a bad society.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

This is the first testimony I've followed live. Has the GOP lawyer been this toothless in past questioning sessions? 'Cuz, lol

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Comstar posted:

I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING
THERE WAS NO QUID PRO QUO

Whats the rest say?

edit beaten like Vice President Pence horse.

BUY ONE BIG MAC GET ANOTHER FOR ONLY $1

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mcmagic posted:

This loving swiss cheese brain still is more likely than not to win reelection. We are just a bad society.

mcmagic, respectfully, take your bad USPOL posts to some other thread because they are not on topic here

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

FBS posted:

This is the first testimony I've followed live. Has the GOP lawyer been this toothless in past questioning sessions? 'Cuz, lol

He's been a hot mess the whole way through. He's really, really bad at this.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
what is going on sometimes it seems like he's setting up sondland to follow the conspiracy theory track while trying to also maybe poke holes in his testimony

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Oh my god the silence in between questions....

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

eke out posted:

mcmagic, respectfully, take your bad USPOL posts to some other thread because they are not on topic here

Alternately: No other threads

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

FBS posted:

He's really bad. "The extortion didn't work so it's not illegal."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Majorian posted:

He's been a hot mess the whole way through. He's really, really bad at this.

He isn't hitting their conspiracy theories as well as he could.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sanskrit Scat posted:

Castor isn't doing well at all but he has quite literally nothing to work with. Although, someone more competent would at least not be doing favors to the Dems to this effect.

If this was a game of basketball he would be the alley to the oop while on the wrong team. This is crazy indefensible stuff though.

he doesn't have much to work with to win this, but he is actively doing a bad job from what i've seen and actively damaging his own case

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

FBS posted:

He's Rick Moranis defending the Ghostbusters in GBII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_th4Xe6Dsm4

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He isn't hitting their conspiracy theories as well as he could.

nah what he's doing is really poor cross-examination. every time it seems like he gets a statement republicans could use as a bloody shirt he keeps asking follow-up questions until sondland clarifies whatever poor wording he had.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

FBS posted:

You play the hand you're dealt. Schiff has a flush, Castor has a Draw Two, a Rook, the Conservatory, and a McDonald's coupon.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

theflyingorc posted:

He probably is a big fan of Bamboozled but doesn't get the joke.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

he doesn't have much to work with to win this, but he is actively doing a bad job from what i've seen and actively damaging his own case

Yeah, if you have nothing to work with, you at least bluff and fake being confident. Gym Jordan has nothing to work with, and is an incredible moron, but even he knows how to at least fake it.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

FBS posted:

You further testified..

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Wylie posted:

There's another angle out there of that note:

I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING

TELL ZELENSKY TO DO THE RIGHT THING

E: Hallie Jackson's tweet has it, see for yourself. Dude's shouting Pearl Jam lyrics at reporters.

Picturing Shonen Knife here for some reason

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
HES GOT HIM ON THE ROPES

IT WASN'T FROM THE PRESIDENT, IT WAS THE SECRETARY THROUGH THE PRESIDENT

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

refleks posted:

He seems a little bit too relaxed about this...

oh yeah meant to say this earlier but this is so Sondland rn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ZloG-SB6A

(everyone go see World's Greatest Dad, directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, it's one of RW's unsung roles, he was such a great dramatic actor)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Wow.. Ambassador Taylor, a career foreign service officer and diplomat, was nothing but nice to you even though he hated your guts?

It's almost like he was being "diplomatic"

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
It looks like he's finally maybe getting to the only semi-good argument they can use, which is about Sondland's changing testimony.

...and it looks like he abandoned that line.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1197197096547495942

lol castor asked sondland if he believed the president already and sondland very clearly refused to say yes and gave castor a chance to move on without him needing to say no and so naturally this idiot goes back to get yet another quote that sondland does not believe trump

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Comstar posted:

I WANT NOTHING
I WANT NOTHING

Whats the rest say?

edit beaten like Vice President Pence horse.

Pretty sure it actually says "I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO," which is much funnier.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

HES GOT HIM ON THE ROPES

IT WASN'T FROM THE PRESIDENT, IT WAS THE SECRETARY THROUGH THE PRESIDENT

*Castor peels off mask to reveal that it was fishmech all along*

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Kro-Bar posted:

Pretty sure it actually says "I WANT NO QUID PRO QUO," which is much funnier.

Holy poo poo, he has the original draft of "Money For Nothing"!

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Apparently Trump talking to the press earlier in the oval

Maggie posted:

More from the White House from Andrew Restuccia, the Wall Street Journal reporter serving as a pool reporter today: “POTUS re-enacted his conversation with Sondland in dramatic fashion, recounting Sondland’s testimony beat by beat.
At one point, Trump paused before recounting that Sondland testified he denied there was a quid pro quo and wanted nothing from Ukraine. ‘Ready, do you have the cameras rolling?’ he asked.

He also disputed what he said was Sondland’s characterization that the president was in a bad mood during their conversation. ‘I’m always in a good mood. I don’t know what that is.’ ”

e: he lies about everything, including always being in a good mood?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

theflyingorc posted:

I can imagine him watching just the last 5 mins of Blackkklansman and applauding wildly

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the whole "I wanted the ambassador to run with it" thing doesn't make any sense

they fired marie yovanovich and cut Taylor out of everything and replaced him with random political appointees not even assigned to ukraine then he tried to work with those people

but once sondland realizes things are going badly, it's "WHY DIDN'T THE AMBASSADOR TAKE OVER AND DO HIS JOB?"

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

It's not irregular, said the guy who literally came from private industry and has no idea how diplomacy actually works.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Drug cocktail :crossarms:

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Yield the time, Jesus Christ!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Obligatory "stop he's already dead"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1197198816488886273

give goldman another round to actually treat him as a hostile witness if he's going to act like this

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
this is just forcing Sondland to throw everyone under the bus by naming the people who didn't stop him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol sondland is walking all over castor