Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Can you buy the evolution stones somewhere at some point? I have a few from the wild pokeballs you can find... but that's it.

No but you can pick them up in the Wild Area at Lake of Outrage. It's the top left area and requires "surf". There's a big circle of stones, and there is an evolution stone behind each. You'll get one of each initially but they will respawn over time (I'm not sure how quickly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
(keep in mind I didn't play Sun and Moon so I don't know how different they did it): The way this game is doing the Elite Four stuff is throwing me for a loop. Fighting my rival right away. Story part. Fighting three of the Elite Four. Story. I assume after this I'll go back and fight Leon. I was not prepared for not having the usual Elite 4 and then your rival situation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

for the third version they should make a game starring nessa

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

You can also throw your watts at the digging brothers for evolution stones, if you've got plenty to spare and would rather roll the dice than wait on respawns.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

:hmmyes:

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Shiny777 posted:

You can also throw your watts at the digging brothers for evolution stones, if you've got plenty to spare and would rather roll the dice than wait on respawns.

Those jerks took all my Watts trying to get fossils, and only got one or two items a go, until the last time suddenly netted twelve. no fossils of course

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Is there a reliable way to get more Pokemon evolution items like the Tart Apple or Broken Teapot. Like can I buy them from the battle factory at some point?

Like, I want to evolve my dudes, but I'm worried I'll spend it on a bad mon just for the dex entry then I won't be able to get one when I breed a good IV mon later.
The first one respawns (in its Wild Area spot I mean). The second one doesn't and lmao if you want another you have to get it from the once-a-day rarity idiot. Not actually joking.

(so if you want to use Polteageist but also want the Shiny Charm now, then just accept nature mints+bottle cap because that's how awful it'll be to do anything else)

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm fairly certain Game Freak will never have customisable trainer cards you can send to other players in future games with the vast majority of them having sexual poses and trainer numbers 69 and 420.

I too went with 420 because why wouldn't I.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm fairly certain Game Freak will never have customisable trainer cards you can send to other players in future games with the vast majority of them having sexual poses and trainer numbers 69 and 420.

I went with 69 and have the Scottish girl doing a smug face with her arms crossed. I wish I knew how to share it here

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The NPC numbers are funnier than I expected. Marnie's is 960. Kabu's is 187 which may not have actually been intentional but I absolutely believe the old man has murdered people before.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The NPC numbers are funnier than I expected. Marnie's is 960. Kabu's is 187 which may not have actually been intentional but I absolutely believe the old man has murdered people before.

Idgi

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I didn’t realize raid guys have good EVs. I’ve been wonder trading away dupes

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think the npc numbers are all Japanese puns. For instance, Milo’s translates to the Japanese word for vegetables.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Leon you dipship why would you try to catch a loving legendary with a REGULAR rear end POKEBALL

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Spanish Manlove posted:

I went with 69 and have the Scottish girl doing a smug face with her arms crossed. I wish I knew how to share it here

You can take screenshots with the share button, then share to twitter from the Switch album, I think? I cheated a little bit with these because I took screenshots with a capture card and posted those to twitter, but same idea.

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1196987083463806976

https://twitter.com/ChaosArgate/status/1196288659600936960

Macaluso posted:

Leon you dipship why would you try to catch a loving legendary with a REGULAR rear end POKEBALL

Because its stylish. :colbert:

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Judge Tesla posted:

I realized just a moment too late that I should have gone with 132. (It's a binary finger counting joke.) Instead I'm rolling with 143 so I can tell all my fans that I love them.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Can anyone with Shield confirm whether or not Female Ponyta appear in the mushroom forest? I've been running from battles for over an hour now and every single one is a boy. Need to know if I'm wasting my time or not.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This is silly

edit: I swear to god if this mother fucker doesn't start using something other than his sheep I'm gonna murder him

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 20, 2019

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Cartoon Violence posted:

Can anyone with Shield confirm whether or not Female Ponyta appear in the mushroom forest? I've been running from battles for over an hour now and every single one is a boy. Need to know if I'm wasting my time or not.

They totally do, you're just losing a lot of coinflips.

In other news, my roommate got a chain of 44 items at the digging bros the other day. My highest chain is 18 and I thought I was doing well.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

You can go into the screenshots folder on the Switch itself and send pictures to either Twitter or Facebook. Then what I do is download the picture, upload to imgur, and then post it here. It's not terribly hard, and I like having a backup of my best screen shots.

Also now that I'm thinking about it, you might be able to just plug your sd card directly into your computer if it has a port for one.

Cartoon Violence posted:

Ponyta only spawn in shield in that forest. I looked it up for my boyfriend the other day, and the thing I read said that you need to be walking slowly in the grass to get them to pop up. Apparently if you're running you'll scare them away. After he tried going slow he got two so maybe there's some truth to it?

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 20, 2019

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I just bred up two Dreepy eggs for a pair of kids at work and I am suffused with a warm sense of pride.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Plasbad posted:

In other news, my roommate got a chain of 44 items at the digging bros the other day. My highest chain is 18 and I thought I was doing well.
Holy poo poo. My record is 17 and I was impressed by that.

(but I did get 9 from the skill bro, and hadn't done much stamina so my records were briefly 9/11 :911:)

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Thank you for the answer!

As for a game update, if I was a Gym Leader, my Butterfree named Kiova would be my ace. I gave her the expert belt, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Air Slash, and Bug Buzz and she absolutely annihilated everything. The boss fight at the top of the steps right after the 4th gym she, without being over leveled, fainted every one of the boss' team in one hit. She is a strong cute bug.

The gyms this time are all memorable and fun. I've done the first 4 and have been catching one of every Pokemon on every route, beating every trainer, and running from everything else. By doing this my team tends to be at about the same level as every gym leader.

I have a team of all super cute mons and they're my friends. At some point I'm going to make an all Bug team.

Game is great.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The first one respawns (in its Wild Area spot I mean). The second one doesn't and lmao if you want another you have to get it from the once-a-day rarity idiot. Not actually joking.

(so if you want to use Polteageist but also want the Shiny Charm now, then just accept nature mints+bottle cap because that's how awful it'll be to do anything else)

Oh wonderful. Welp here's hoping I get lucky

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Holy poo poo. My record is 17 and I was impressed by that.

(but I did get 9 from the skill bro, and hadn't done much stamina so my records were briefly 9/11 :911:)

Jet Fuel can't melt Steel Beam

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Because he's bad bitch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

Because he's bad bitch

He's bad alright.

Also. The ultimate showdown:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I went with 622 because that's Edelgard's birthday and I'm a dumb gay nerd.

Also I am facing the dilemma of which psychic/fairy type I wish to use. I feel I should use Hatterene because she's new, but Gardevoir is the best...also I really don't like how slow Hatterene is.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I went 42 because... well, you know.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eimi posted:

Also I am facing the dilemma of which psychic/fairy type I wish to use. I feel I should use Hatterene because she's new, but Gardevoir is the best...also I really don't like how slow Hatterene is.
obviously you use Galarian Rapidash

(I actually did, there's nothing exceptional about it but it's a sweet-looking unicorn and it can learn High Horsepower because it's a horse which made me laugh)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is there a way to change your trainer number?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there any reason to bother saving the Master Ball for anything other than the box legendary?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

obviously you use Galarian Rapidash

(I actually did, there's nothing exceptional about it but it's a sweet-looking unicorn and it can learn High Horsepower because it's a horse which made me laugh)

It's a thought because it is pretty! The current team I'm thinking of taking through the game is Cinderace, Corviknight, Sirfetch'd, Dubwool, Gardevoir/Hatterene/Rapidash, and then currently Bolthund, though I'm uncertain on that one too since he's a major looks downgrade from Yamper and kinda weak stats wise.

https://twitter.com/zalwa13/status/1196674212531855360?s=20 oh, sorry Hatterene you can't match that.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Macaluso posted:

Is there any reason to bother saving the Master Ball for anything other than the box legendary?
yeah sometimes you stumble across a shiny pokemon that's gonna try real hard to kill itself

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Macaluso posted:

Simulation883 posted:

Ran into my first shiny this game...a Mandibuzz that immediately whirlwinded my pokemon. :shepspends:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blaziken386 posted:

yeah sometimes you stumble across a shiny pokemon that's gonna try real hard to kill itself
Not that it was shiny, but I'm trying to fill my dex and Lapras is like a 1% encounter or something so I went for the strong one in the Lake of Outrage and that son of a bitch knows Perish Song

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The shiny thing is a good point

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

My game already stars Nessa. :p

I made my trainer number 666 when my husband pointed out I could do that. Number of the beast, baby!

I also got a shiny female Wobuffet fairly early on. I nearly didn’t catch her. Named her Lady Wa.

Trainer cards are great, but I wish we could put Pokémon in them too, like the photobooth from USUM. I had so much fun taking photos every time I won a trial or a friend evolved.

At the beginning of the game I was like, “Why did my mom give me so much money?!” Then I got to the boutique and I realized, “Ahhhh.... because of fashion!”

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Frickin lmao if you don’t painstakingly coordinate every pokemon with the right pokeball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shout out to Hop. A loser idiot who never wins