Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Sondland is having a really good time up there. He seems to find lawyer Charlie's-uncle's bumbling amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schizophrenic
Jul 29, 2004
<3
Sondland going to bat against Castor oh my

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Braggadocio

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
So what you are saying is that you weren't fit for the job?

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
lol this memory derail is loving awesome

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

"I'm too important to remember things, because everything I do is important."

"Also I am too stupid to take notes having previously acknowledged this shortcoming in my memory"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Kro-Bar posted:

Sondland is having a really good time up there. He seems to find lawyer Charlie's-uncle's bumbling amusing.

ah, i see the problem, he's missing his big, masculine hands

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i can't loving believe this guy is still a sitting ambassador to our most important political ally in the world

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
The evidence here is loving great, you fuckers just don't acknowledge it cause it hurts you, gently caress off with that poo poo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
SCHIFF GOING FOR THE THROAT!

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Cactrot posted:

"I'm too important to remember things, because everything I do is important."

"Also I am too stupid to take notes having previously acknowledged this shortcoming in my memory"

The best people

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Again, attacking Sondland's reliability is the only good argument they have. Why he didn't start hammering on that from the beginning instead of letting Sondland expand his testimony is beyond me.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Sondland is having none of this, amazing

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Schiff gives another 30 minute round. Nice.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Again, attacking Sondland's reliability is the only good argument they have. Why he didn't start hammering on that from the beginning instead of letting Sondland expand his testimony is beyond me.

why he gave sondland a chance to respond to it at the end is really beyond me

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Flip Yr Wig posted:

brilliant trial strategy: spend 44 minutes asking the witness for testimony as if it is truthful and valid to try to help your side, then spend your last minute explaining why we should not believe it

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

why he gave sondland a chance to respond to it at the end is really beyond me

It does seem that the Republicans couldn't convince a single trial attorney to get in the boat with them.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeah they really should have just crowed about his shifting memory wtf, why did they miss that obvious chance

i mean i'm glad they did but wow

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eke out posted:

brilliant trial strategy: spend 44 minutes asking the witness for testimony as if it is truthful and valid to try to help your side, then spend your last minute explaining why we should not believe it

also, reiterating that he doesn't have access to the notes you are withholding from him

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
: Reads Volker revision:

"Does that sum up your thoughts as well? "

"It does."

Spectacular.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Flip Yr Wig posted:

It does seem that the Republicans couldn't convince a single trial attorney to get in the boat with them.

yeah this is inexcusable

not all lawyers are trial lawyers, but you can get good trial lawyers to defend the utterly indefensible just for the challenge of it and i gotta believe you can find a republican trial attorney who was competent and would give this a college try

edit: that said, those competent trial attorneys demand to be in charge of the strategy so that's probably the issue heh

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1197200412790665217

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
yeah Castor literally hurt their own cause I mean

holy poo poo you can't write this stuff

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

AhhYes posted:

Schiff gives another 30 minute round. Nice.

Called it! I claim 50 impeachment tviv thread points.

Seriously, Schiff should just let them do this all day. They didn't have enough questions to fill out 45 minutes, God only knows what they'll bumble into with 30 more.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

I bet Castor curled up in ball the second Schiff announced another 30 minute round.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Tayter Swift posted:

Picturing Shonen Knife here for some reason

Not enough about food/cats/The Ramones.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I wonder if the Dems are going to touch on the obvious bribery that went into Sondland being named an ambassador in the first place?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

high-res trump thoughts

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1197200696044654593

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

I wonder if the Dems are going to touch on the obvious bribery that went into Sondland being named an ambassador in the first place?

no, both parties do it routinely. it is bipartisan practice that big donors get ambassadorships

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

The Glumslinger posted:

absolutely not, they do the same thing

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm sure this was posted already but lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

no, both parties do it routinely. it is bipartisan practice that big donors get ambassadorships

I think it would be brought up if one of the right members was on this committee but they arent.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The Stone Cold Steve Austin defense.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

KillHour posted:

I'm sure this was posted already but lol

Please recolor it yellow

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

evilweasel posted:

Hey, EW, a lawyer question: How much does it hurt Castor as a cross-examiner that he has to fill out 45 minutes of time? What's stopping him from just, you know, not running out the clock and saying "I'm done here, I yield back"?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

It's a literal plot point in Veep because everyone loving knows those ambassadorships go to donors and people you need to pay off for helping you

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even with that note I’ll bet Trump does a “Sondland lied about quid pro quo, like a dog!” Tweet by the end of the day

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
How new is the draft statement information? I don't remember hearing about that before, but obviously Goldman knows about it.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

I wonder if the Republicans will. it's galaxy brain enough to be on the table at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1197198439890784256?s=19