Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I lol'd at the gummi ship

Also I never realised but when he slams that bottle of rum it would go all over his pants so when he goes back inside it'd look like he pissed himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I guess the undead part is doing some heavy lifting here but jeez, these guys hit almost as hard as the cartoon cars did.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bike tory posted:

I lol'd at the gummi ship

Also I never realised but when he slams that bottle of rum it would go all over his pants so when he goes back inside it'd look like he pissed himself

You can't piss yourself if you have no dick, or bladder, or organs, and they're on the ocean anyway so no one will notice. The perfect crime.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Pissing your pants is like friendship. Everyone can see it, but only you can appreciate its true warmth. :pisstape:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

bike tory posted:

bladder control sounds like some monarchist bullshit tbh, got no time for that in nassau. what they got time for tho, is a brand new update!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
man, those speedy running in cutcenes was downright creepy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, this port has a lot of privateers in it. It's a real pirate bay.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A new episode already?

FutureFriend, you crafty bastard, did you do a batch recording in advance?!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Seems like it would have been a lot more efficient to let the pirates have the medallion, let them lift the curse, and then just smoke them all once they're no longer invulnerable. But what do I know, I'm just a guy on the internet!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

C-Euro posted:

Seems like it would have been a lot more efficient to let the pirates have the medallion, let them lift the curse, and then just smoke them all once they're no longer invulnerable. But what do I know, I'm just a guy on the internet!

Well in the Movie it was a problem cause they planned to, just to be dicks, kill Will when doing that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's kind of extra silly when considering the later movies where barbossa is just around and like helping out along with some of the other previously-cursed pirates iirc

it's all sort of a pointless point of contention that i guess they felt the need to shove will-murder into it all, because if you think about it it's kind of dickish to get in the way of a bunch of cursed dudes returning a lot of treasure and then just needing a little bit of blood to set them all free

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

I think the whole of the Pirates level is one of the ones where KH's whole "add Sora/Donald/Goofy to the movie, and abridge the poo poo out of the plot" set up really hurts the story the most. Because in the movie there's other contributing factors and characters adding to why the plot goes the way it goes, but in the game everyone's known each other for basically 5 minutes, and there's only the 3 central characters plus Sora. Also I think it's heavily implied that Sora's magic can actually kill the pirates (in-story, not just in combat) which is weird?

tl;dr: Kingdom Hearts' schtick doesn't work well when applied to basically any plot you can't sum up really really fast

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's kind of extra silly when considering the later movies where barbossa is just around and like helping out along with some of the other previously-cursed pirates iirc

it's all sort of a pointless point of contention that i guess they felt the need to shove will-murder into it all, because if you think about it it's kind of dickish to get in the way of a bunch of cursed dudes returning a lot of treasure and then just needing a little bit of blood to set them all free

If they'd been invincibly walking through all attempts to stop them that'd be fine but they were slaughtering people by the boat/town though so uh, hmmmm, well. I ran out of sympathy.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

oh, definitely. there's a bunch of dumb extra poo poo thrown in but usually a villain's goal isn't to basically just not be a spooky ghost zombie anymore. i mean, barbossa can kill a lot of people whether cursed or not. and then there's him hanging out later like a good bud as if he never went around and just slaughtered a bunch of random people.

it kind of somewhat works out in the movie but good lord does it not translate well when you slice out 90% of the context and then add group shots of donald and goofy hanging out with the clown supreme who all look massively different from the haunting real-life-people-modeled-into-cheap-3d-videogame-representations that populate that world.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Port Royal is like playing through a Bethesda game but you've installed all the anime mods. so your character sticks out like a sore thumb.

Also I love the NO Gummi Ship. :allears:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I remember playing this game but I don't remember like 95% of the game.
And certain cutscenes playing at 60fps is super jarring, especially in the last update.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Port Royal seems like a very phoned-in world. It's like they figured, "Hey, this Pirates of the Caribbean movie was a big hit, just put it in." It follows the plot beats of Curse of the Black Pearl nearly identically to the point where Pete and the Heartless are afterthoughts. None of the other worlds we've seen so far have done that.

At the very least, Sora and pals should have been dressed as pirates.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

A new episode already?

FutureFriend, you crafty bastard, did you do a batch recording in advance?!

well, what can i say, im a bit of a stinker like that. *doesnt update for 2 weeks* nevertheless, this update does not stink

also me and the otaku trash machine started doing a new series where we play thru various beat'em'ups, first up is D.D. Crew, in the infamous words of the game itself, "check it out!"

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
FutureFriend's description of Carrot Top is really good.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gilbert Gottfried still does stand-up comedy, it's mostly about Hollywood actors that were big 50-60 years ago and doing impersonations of them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

well, what can i say, im a bit of a stinker like that. *doesnt update for 2 weeks* nevertheless, this update does not stink

FutureFriend, we're all your loyal fans, why're you negging us like this???

FutureFriend posted:

also me and the otaku trash machine started doing a new series where we play thru various beat'em'ups, first up is D.D. Crew, in the infamous words of the game itself, "check it out!"

No offense but I hope you're also going to be playing good ones eventually.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

RareAcumen posted:

No offense but I hope you're also going to be playing good ones eventually.

Why on earth would you want that?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

achillesforever6 posted:

God that line for line recreation of the Barbarossa backstory scene was pathetic as all hell.

Did the PotC movies have video games at this point? If so, I wonder why they didn't just get the guys from those games.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EasilyConfused posted:

Why on earth would you want that?

That game just really looked like a spot to play, I dunno why.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Did the PotC movies have video games at this point? If so, I wonder why they didn't just get the guys from those games.

They had quite a few and all of them are kind of terrible from memory.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
At one point there was even an MMO.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_Online

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just realized that your Uncut playlist has Uncut Agrabah in it three times at the end for some reason, FutureFriend.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

He's very proud of it, so he wants you to watch it trice. Please respect FutureFriend's artistic vision.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
But if you watch the first one you'll have to watch the second one where Jafar Returns and no one wants to see that.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Leal posted:

But if you watch the first one you'll have to watch the second one where Jafar Returns and no one wants to see that.

But after that you get to watch the King of Thieves which was surprisingly good

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Leal posted:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

get that OUT of my face posted:

Gilbert Gottfried still does stand-up comedy, it's mostly about Hollywood actors that were big 50-60 years ago and doing impersonations of them.

sounds like the ideal comedian for my famous boomer brain tbh, so hell ill mail him a dollar, he probs needs some money

RareAcumen posted:

Just realized that your Uncut playlist has Uncut Agrabah in it three times at the end for some reason, FutureFriend.

yeah, youtube's transition into the new studio has really been loving up adding videos to playlists for the past few weeks. should be fixed now.

oh yeah, i'll probs have the next update up friday/saturday at the latest. and if it isnt up by then? well folks, thats just a little act of god then

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

What the gently caress, does Aladdin reel back to smack Abu at 10m20s? Nice implied domestic violence there.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i didnt break my promise, which imo, they should give me an oscar for, or any of america's lesser awards

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Oh yeah... Kairi exists. Glad we fought a cool book boss instead of talking to her.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's kind of weird just how much bigger and well-animated Agrabah got in this game. Also way to ruin your lesson about greed by making the gem Abu stole be the keyhole they needed to seal anyway, game. :argh:

Also I never really got why they made your AI partners so anemic. It'd be nice if they could beat up Heartless on their own, but they can barely do any damage in the first place.

EasilyConfused posted:

Oh yeah... Kairi exists. Glad we fought a cool book boss instead of talking to her.

I remember playing this ages ago and being excited how Kairi was finally being proactive and might get to do stuff in the plot. We'll see how that goes for her.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Dan Castellaneta voicing the genie is proof that Kingdom Hearts isn't educational

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

amigolupus posted:

Also I never really got why they made your AI partners so anemic. It'd be nice if they could beat up Heartless on their own, but they can barely do any damage in the first place.

Aladdin seemed to be doing a good job, or maybe I was just fooled by him jumping/warping around like a freakin Dragonball character and not dying constantly like Donald.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That Zexion fight really surprised me. It feels like we're still in the beginning of this game but you've already got the big dual-line air combo and everything.

https://i.imgur.com/zoZN2sK.mp4

It's at this point that I realize that you've completely cut out all the ability shuffling or I've been glazing right over all of it the entire LP so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

yeah, i like to keep the menu stuff off-screen as much as possible in these lps and will usually do a bunch of routing to cut em out as seamlessly as possible. they tend to be a little too clumsy to work around and take too long for me to really find 'em viewable. plus half the menu time is just me cramming 12 AP boosts into sora's veins